1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McNeill might play Sept. 22 against the New York Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    It was hoped that left tackle McNeill might practice Wednesday, but he again was inside the training room while the rest of the team practiced. McNeill could return to practice this week, but he won't play Sunday. There does remain a possibility he will play Sept. 22 against the New York Jets.

By Kevin Acee

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    So the guy can't play or practice for 6 weeks because of a neck stinger? Something fishy about this.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    supposedly it was more a bulging disc in his back then just a stinger

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Is that symptomatic of the back issues we heard about before we drafted him? I have to assume so...

5. RaptorKC

RaptorKC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    No, that was a narrowing of his spinal column in his lower back. This is a bulging disc in his neck.

6. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Man, you guys don't read the UT articles at all, do you?

The bulging disc is in his neck. It was caused by him getting kneed in the head one of the opening days of practice. The standard diagnosis for an injury like this is 6-8 weeks of rest. So that's what he's doing.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nope, I read the Chargers dot com article that said something about a bulging disc. And I don't know a bulging disc from a neck stinger from a quadriplegic. I do, however, know that we've been hearing "stinger" for the last two months. :yes:

8. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    The explanation for the bulging disc was printed a couple weeks ago, not in the story today. They stopped calling it a stinger then.

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah, we kept hearing about a stinger and McNeill probably would've played with just a stinger but this is a bulging disc in his neck and is a great deal more serious. L.J. Shelton is holding up quite well against the pass but is too slow and fat to really help the running protection out. It looks like we'll have 'em back for the Jets but I wonder if we're thinking of ramming it down New York's throat. He'll be an asset to us in the Raiders and *Patriots games that follow.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    With a neck disk bulging all times for his return are speculative. I'm thinking the Raiduhs is a more likely return time.