1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McShay's new MOCK

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bergo23, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    He has us taking Meachem at #30 and Weddle at #62....that would be awesome!!!! Smart tough safety, and game breaking WR!!!!! Both are off the charts in character. Jason Hill was also available at #63....if these choices break down this way, or even if we take Wendling at #62.......this would be awesome.

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Almost too good to be true....:yes:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I'm not that high on Weedle

4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I :wub: Weddle...

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't think Meacham is going to be on the board that late. If we're lucky Rice or maybe Ginn will still be there, and if we're really lucky Bowe will drop, but I doubt that, too. If the Chargers trade Turner, they may not get a first and a third, but I suspect they can get the first and a swap of seconds so we move up in the second round as well. That would give us shots at the best of the Safety, receiver and inside linebacker prospects. I'd trade both thirds for a second if someone was willing to bite on that as well, but if it looks like there would be a couple of offensive linemen to be had at the bottom of the third, I'd stay put. Moving up to take Revis would be a good move because I think he's better suited to free safety than corner in the NFL. Depends-I've been intrigued at what Cromartie would bring to the safety position. The Chargers have a number of DB's who would be superb nickel backs. Of, if the Chargers do trade down, there is the off chance that Reggie Nelson would still be on the board. If that happened, I might have to miss a few minutes of draft coverage to change my drawers.

6. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    What's not to like about the kid? Athletic, tough, hard working, film guy, systematic, well prepared.... and he shut down calvin johnson. nuff said.

7. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Mcshay and his mocks blow

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Kinda like Raider fans. :lol:

9. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

you mean your girl:icon_toast:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    strikes me as too much of a tweener and doesn't have the speed to shut down RBs or the height to take on TEs

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    WTF? His girl isn't a Fader Fan.:lol:

Of all the detestable thing you could call a person. Man, that's just lookin' for a fight.:icon_eek:

12. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    He clocked in at 4.52. That's just fine for a safety. His coverage skills are terrific. But the thing about Weddle is his instincts. That's what made Rodney Harrison--a guy with marginal measureables, such a great safety in the NFL.

If we picked up Weddle with pick #62 I'd have a nutty. Meachum at #30 and Weddle at #62 would make my offseason.

I doubt it will happen, though. I've seen Weddle moving up on a lot of draft boards, even into the first round on a couple.