1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Meet & Greet!!! A Tradition Continues For The Home Opener!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Guys and Gals, it's go time! We have sort of neglected our long-standing tradition of hosting a Meet & Greet for our Bolts fans coming in from out of the area and making this an welcoming our Bolts brothers and sisters to America's Finest City! Anyone interested in attending? We have a lot of Chargers fans that fly/drive/walk in from out of state, or from other countries, and this is a great opportunity to get primed for our Home Opener! Let us know. We can hold it at a local bar or public house, or possibly at one of our many local breweries, just need to have an idea of how many are interested in actually attending. Ant / Ray, might be a great time to host the podcast before the big home opener, what do you guys think? Anyway, if you have a local spot in mind and think that it might be a good idea to meet there, share your thoughts here. For starters, I would suggest a location up in the Normal Heights (where it's anything but) section of the city, where we have had our traditional Meet & Greets in the past. The Triple Crown Pub. Dive bar, pool tables, darts, shuffleboard, ping-pong tables, small kitchen. Another suggestion would be one of the Ballast Point brewery / tasting room locations. Let's hear it, any others care to chime in? Let's make this a memorable event! GO BOLTS!!!

Thanks,

Pointy :cool:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    If you are interested in attending, or have a possible location to have the event like a good pub or brewery, let me know please.

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    I was up at the Belching Beaver Brewery tasting room just off El Cajon Blvd in North Park, another good possibility...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Or Fall Brewing, not as much seating though

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    I'm trying to think of a place that can either provide food or there is a food place nearby. I do like Fall Brewing though. What about the South Park Abbey? It's on Fern (30th) at the corner, and they do have a food menu. Another place is South Park Brewing Co. They have a kitchen, as well as beers that they make for Monkey Paw Brewing. And Hamilton's Tavern is next door.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Would this be held on a Fri/Sat night? Or a weeknight? I could probably swing a Friday but weeknights are rough for me to head that far south - especially with booze involved ^.^

7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Since the Canadian contingent isn't arriving until Saturday, I was thinking that maybe we do this in the afternoon on Saturday, to give us all enough time to go back home and prepare the food and everything else.

8. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Who is planning on making the Meet & Greet an event? I will be there, just name the place...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Next Saturday is nuts for me unfortunately :( I have a 6am beach walk, 8am bootcamp, monthly lunch date with friends and then hosting D&D that night. Bummed to be missing out - if anyone has a few extra hours they can spare me I'd gladly take 'em!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    If you're looking for a good meet & greet place, I would suggest Green Flash! I think Nick Hardwick's Hard Count IPA will be on tap too.

(Ok...completely promoting the place I work at, and can't even attend next Saturday, but ya can't blame a guy for trying!)

11. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Awesome place! I dig how many different beers they have. Ever get to rock your shirt behind home plate at petco?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    A company that I once worked for owns the building that Green Flash Brewing is located in, and it's a good place. I am thinking something a lot closer to Mission Valley or downtown due to the fact that several visitors will be staying in that area, transportation issues and all. Coronado Brewing is just off Morena Blvd, and Modern Times Brewing is just off Rosecrans & the I-5. And the Home Brew Mart (Ballast Point) is off Morena and Linda Vista. There are food places nearby as well.

13. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Hote circle area? ...too bad Seaus is no more.

14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    ^^^ Yeah, and that Buffalo Wild Wings in the old restaurant's place is not really a hot spot. Seau's jersey still hangs on the wall though. Now wait, right there around the corner is the Tilted Kilt. What about that place?

15. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Would probaby depend on the time... Not sure how crowded that one gets. Up by the stadium theres always good old mcgreggors, lol.
    How early were you thinking about meeting?

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Yep! The owner of GF has those seats. He gives them to folks from time to time. I was lucky to get them for a Sunday game vs. the Dodgers. Took my son. Incredible experience. All food, drinks, pretty much whatever you want for free! I don't drink & my son is 11. But we can eat. And if I didn't cut him off after the first inning, he would have ate through the whole game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    I have been known to close down McGregors from time to time... I was thinking of doing the M & G in the early afternoon, have it for a couple of hours, then we could go about getting ready for the game. I have some food items that I need to purchase, and I am taking a couple of the Canadians to a local store to pick up some food/goodies.

18. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    How can you work at such an awesome brewery and not drink?

19. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Not sure how early I can be free but if possible I want to come thru.

Another thought is the breweries on 30th. Fall & Poor House is a cool walking distance hop away. Mike Hess is awesome but it can get crowded... Or your neck of the woods has my favorite bar.. Hamiltons

20. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    South Park Brewing is right next door to Hami's. Those guys make the Monkey Paw beers at that location, same owners I think...

21. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I thought Monkey Paw went under... I still havent made it inside South Park but now I want to go. Monkey Paw was good

22. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Monkey Paw bar is at 16th and F Street.

23. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    It is still there? I couldve sworn I heard they were closing a while back. Good to hear they have not

24. Daniel Terrian

Daniel Terrian InNoutofgrace

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Pointy, where's the list buddy.
    Thanks
    Dan

25. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Since I really didn't get a major response, the event is not happening tonight. We may have some time tomorrow afternoon, if anyone wants to meet at South Park Brewing, it's next to Hamilton's Tavern, trying for 3 PM.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    I would of gone but my buddy has an extra Kaboo ticket, so gonna see what that's all about

• Informative Informative x 1