1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Michael Vick Rescue dogs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Retired Catholic, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Thanks to a large scale rescue effort, led by caring volunteers, the pit bulls you see here have earned their celebrity and become known as survivors of a cruel dog fighting ring which was owned by Former NFL player Michael Vick. Please click on the videos below to see the heartwarming tale of their rescue, rehabilitation and adoption.

http://www.dailypuppy.com/videos/vic-dogs/home-to-heal

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks, RC. Goes to the point that pits are not naturally bad dogs, they just need love & responsible owners. :yes:

3. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I was a bit worried about these animals, since there were so many of them and training them can be difficult, but these people managed to get it done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Ah "There not welcomed here, their banned you need to leave."

What a great free country we live in when owners and their dogs are persecuted. Makes me happy to be an American and all the "rights' we have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Guilty conscience, PR or settlement attached to a gag order? I wondered where the money had come from, because these pit bull rescue groups operate on thin budgets.

6. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    great story thanx for the link:tup:

10000000000% correct:tup:

i have had a pit and he was the most gental dog you would ever meet. 90%+ its the owners that make them that way. by making them aggressive,fighters (cuz some pep thinks its cool).
    by not spaying or neutering them and most of all not paying any attention to them or taking them for walks. just speaking form experience. Canelo ( my pit) was one of the best dogs i ever had.:yes: btw he weighed about a buck 20:icon_eek: and a head the size of a watermelon.

man how i miss that dog:icon_sad::icon_sad:

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Regardless of whether their reasoning is right or wrong, don't people have the right to decide they don't want those dogs around?

8. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    while their @ it people should also dicide where you live and what kinda car u drive. where do you draw the line:icon_shrug:

9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    If I had a reputation for unprovoked attacks, and mauling people, perhaps I would have problems. Look, I'm not arguing the merits of the breed of dog, but I don't think people not wanting them around is the same thing as denying "rights." And equating that to people telling me where I can live and what kind of car to drive is a pretty good stretch.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I have 2 pits and they are both cool. I can tell you this, no one will come to either door with them outside just because of the fear the media have put out in the news. Both of my dogs, I rescued one are fine with people. Now the other night a stray peacock was giving my female a hard time and I do she would have liked to get a hold of it.

11. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106

That rep is LARGELY due to the meadia that lives by the motto
    "IF IT BLEEDS IT LEADS". u never hear about the dogs that dont bite.

in the immortal words of PUBLIC ENEMY "DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE"

i understand ur argument how some pepe dont fell safe w/ that breed of dog.
    my point is thats its really not the breed but the owners responsabilty to train their dogs.
    as for the "where u live & car u drive being a stretch" it is no more of strech than ur agrument about the dog.

i can agrue that having certan pep ( gang banger, druggies, trouble makers, ect) move in next door can kill ur property value but purt ur family in danger. i can also if i wanted to agrue that the way the housing markert is right now is also killing pep PV because loans were givin to pep who could not afford them. as a result of that now there is alot of neighborhoods that have alot of forclosed houses. thats hurting the PV of pep who can pay their bills and make their house payments. i could go on

as for cars ill just do one. i can argue that if you have a car that is a gross polluter it is killing this planet and everyone on it and u should not drive it. i could go on this for days too.

my point is simple pep need to take responsibility for themselves.
    JMHO

12. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    :icon_toast::icon_party:

100% correct.

You took the words out of my mouth.

It is not a stretch. Some groups of people commit more crimes than others. Banning them from living in certain areas is the same as banning a dog, only its directed towards another group.

Cities and areas who have passed this law experience no dramatic increase in dog attacks. They might have one less person die, but there are a lot more things that kill people then dogs.

Red meat kills people, should we not allow that? Cars kill people, maybe they should get rid of cars. Hell we have "sand related deaths". Lets ban going to the beach.

Why the target on dogs and dog owners? Why can't someone who is trained with dogs walk a certain breed? DO they they its going to come off its leash and attack people.

If you own property you can decide if you don't want the dog there. Maybe owners of these dogs should have to have extra precautions.

There is no good law that takes away someone's rights and restricts freedom, other than basic human laws.

As for being free, you know America isn't the top country on the Human Freedom Index and has been dropping year after year.

13. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Thank you RC for posting this link!:yes::yes::yes:
    That one doggie that was white and had the one big black spot on his eye was too damn cute! My son's Pit is really, really a weird shade of dark brown with almost some brindle black running thru his coat. He has some white on his chest and I think he is what is called a "Gator Pit". His head is almost comically too big for his hind end. He has a very wide head and a VERY big mouth. We call him "Catfish" cuz' he is so funny looking! His real name is Booger and he has got to be one of the sweetest, loving and comical dogs I have ever met. He LOVES kids, other dogs and of course Moi~~his Grandma! I baby-sit him every week for a few days while my son is working. He follows me everywhere and always has to be touching me, usually plopping his body on my feet. He jumps in my bed and literally snuggles his head into my neck! The snoring is a ***** tho!:lol::lol::lol: I think that any breed of dog will have the propensity to be aggressive if not trained, socialized and given the attention that ANY animal needs and craves. I also have a 9 yr. old female Rottie who is the biggest sweetie known to man. Never has she shown aggression to another human nor dog. It is ALL in how these dogs are treated IMHO!

14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    FREE MICHAEL

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    I seriously hope that Michael Vick spends the rest of his natural life behind bars. And that he is forced by the courts to put up all of his football earnings to make sure that those precious animals are taken care of in loving homes. He is despicable and a f'ing liar. On a good note for you MTL....I read somewhere (can't remember where ....was a few monthes ago) Michael is first picked for the prison football team! Stardom for Michael!

16. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    So people should be free to have whatever dogs they want, but other people shouldn't be free to decide they'd rather not have those dogs around?

Again, I'm not arguing whether or not certain dogs have a bad rap. I just always find it funny when people start moaning about lost freedoms, but they forget that other people with opposing points of view have freedoms too.

17. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Michael shouldn't be in jail at all. Like I said before, only reason he is in jail is because of human beings' irrational attachments to a genus completely different than ours.

18. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    No, he's in jail because he did something that is illegal. You might not agree with the law, but it is a law. He knew it, yet he engaged in those activities anyway, thus his current predicament.