1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mel Kiper 4RD mock...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by matilack, Apr 15, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Rivers is 28. He isn't calling it quits for ~10 years. Any backup we have that is good enough to take over for him, will not be around as a backup for 10 years

2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    You are right. Based on how the CBA is going it doesn't (well at least from my POV) look like there will be a 2011 season. So he will be 30-31 come 2012. I definitely see him playing a long time in the NFL, but if you look at AJ and what he has done with all our Vet players, it isn't a good sign.

All I am saying is forget about wasting a 5th for a QB in this years draft, it's filled with so much talent that we NEED right now. Think about a QB next year, if there isn't one that really catches AJ's eye in the 3rd then he will not waste a pick on one, it was just a suggestion.

Hell we could even dip into FA and find a serviceable Vet backup if AJ isn't comfortable with a UDFA 3rd string QB. Just please AJ, do not waste a pick on a QB this year!

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree about ignoring QB in this draft.