1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Member Spotlight:SDRaiderH8er

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Member Spotlight:SDRaiderH8er
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite people here, and he was kind enough to do this for everyone...so enjoy.

So how long have you been a bolts fan?

My Father was not a Sports person so it wasn’t until my middle Brother was old enough to start playing, that’s when I became involved. But growing up I can remember watching the Chargers on TV, and I attended my first Chargers Game in Sept 1970, in those days they played Pop Warner Games after the Chargers games, and my middle Brothers team played Marcus Allen’s Pop Warner team right after the Raider game, That game was also played in the middle of a fire storm in the East County as Ash fell from the skies during the game.

[​IMG]

How did you find Bolt Talk and what keeps you here?

I was invited by several other posters. And what keeps me here is the same reason everyone else stays, it’s a nice place where we can talk Chargers Football on line, and the Tailgate Party is pretty awesome also.

[​IMG]

How concerned are you about Merriman's injury?

Very much. But at least he is able to play through it, and he is not going to do any more damage to it under normal circumstances. He knows he has to keep his head on a swivel even more so now, he will be a target.

Is there any game on the schedule this year you are dreading more than the others?

This Team is very good now, I do not dread any of the Games!

Who is your favorite current Chargers player?
    Favorite all time player:

I really do not have any one favorite player, but I do wear Merrimans and LT’s Jersey’s to the home games.

All time, once again not anyone player, But I loved watching Fouts, Seau, Kellen Winslow, and Charlie Joiner play

Any gameday rituals?

Buy the Beer put it on ice, go out for a nice breakfast, and in the parking lot by 9:30.

BT is unique in the way it honors their military. You are a vet, what went thru your mind when your son enlisted?

I was very proud, on my Mothers side of the Family my Great Grand Father went up the Hill with Teddy, and my Uncle was a Marine and went to Vietnam.

My Stepdad was a Pilot during Korea, and my Father was in the Navy during Korea. On my Fathers side my Uncles were in the Navy and the Army.

[​IMG]

I tried very hard to get him to join the Air Force, but they would not guarantee him a job, they Army would .So he enlisted in the Army and is now a member of the Army Corp of Engineers. When he went to Iraq, I couldn’t of been more prouder and more scared at the same time.

What do you like do away from here?

I love working with kids, my work schedule is brutal, I would love to be a Manager for Little League but having to work a lot of Overtime does not allow me to, so I am an Asst Coach for my sons Little League Team, That same non availability took away my time to be an Umpire who was qualified to call games at the High School Varsity Level.

I had my eyes on the NCAA. I am also an Asst Coach for my sons Soccer Team, I would love to get some time off to go up to the High Sierra’s and do some camping and Fly Fishing around Bishop. And in my spare time, I love watching a good Movie.

[​IMG]

When did your intense hate for the Raiders start? LOL

September 10th 1978 at about 3:48 in the afternoon. (Holy Roller)

If you could change on thing about yourself..what would it be?

I broke my leg in September 2002 just after I quit smoking. I used to play a lot of Softball, but after I broke my leg, and it never healed back to where it was before I broke it, so I had to quit playing Softball, I had lost a step. Since then I must have put on at least 50 LBS. I would lose that weight.

[​IMG]

Favorite movie:the entire Star Wars collection
    favorite saying: Raiders Suck
    Favorite food: Steak cooked on a Barbeque
    Favorite color: Blue

Thanks again...I really had fun reading this and you are one of the good guys in the world

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    If anyone wants to do one of these, shoot me a note.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Deb, you couldn't have picked a better poster to highlight; H8er is a passionate Charger fan and a great friend!! :yes:

Congrats H8er!! :tup: :abq1: :icon_toast: