1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mementoes of football history stolen

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If you have ever been the victim of a home invasion or theft you know how unsettling it can be. The thought that you place of safety and solitude was violated can set a man on edge.

Now imagine you are one of the premier Full Backs to ever play the game of football and you get home to find some one of a kind memorabilia from the NFL had been taken. That is exactly what former Chargers Full Back Lorenzo Neal found upon returning home Wednesday night.

Lorenzo has been very busy of late, traveling around the country helping with charities, football camps and other events. He returned from Sacramento to find his home has been broken into. His first public thought was to ask friends and fans to say a prayer for his family.

The thieves took jewelry, and gear from a 16 season career that saw him playing with the Saints, Jets, Buccaneers, Titans, Bengals, Chargers, Ravens and Raiders. Stolen was far more than memories, they also took a sense of security from the family.

Amongst the items stolen were, the gear he used his rookie season, His framed Saints, and Bengals jersey, a framed Jerry Rice signed jersey, Ali/Frasier gloves, and helmets from his playing years.

Lorenzo is offering a $5000.00 reward to anyone who can provide information leading to the recovery of his items.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The spelling of "Rooky" tells me you wrote this. :lol:

Regardless, I'll be on the lookout for Lorenzo's loot!

I wanna buy the ring he was wearing the night he knocked out his teammate (RB Mario Bates) with one punch. :lol:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I just spoke with Lorenzo, the family is good physically, but shaken up mentally as expected. If anyone sees these items get the word out.

4. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I still like Lo. Good to hear the positive news. BAd things can happen to anyone. Those special memories are difficult to hide. Hope the police finds the thiefs.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Also, Lo lives in Fresno... so he had returned from Sac... right?

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    all we can do is keep an eye out for stuff like that popping up, we'd all be a likely target for the sale of stuff like that

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Sounds like an inside job to me.

8. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Some of that stuff is one of a kind so I'm sure it will pop up soon and they get the bastards who took it. Not right for someone to work so hard so some lazy person can benefit by stealing.

• Like Like x 1