1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman and his ego.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Retired Catholic, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    We have a slow start to the season. Gates and VJ were ignored for most of the game. We didn't throw much to LT. We didn't use Tolbert enough on short yardage. We have the same problem right now that we had last season, with a lack of focus on game time prep and season prep in camp. I don't doubt that we will build toward the end of the season, but this team needs to build an attitude of winning from game one. No player, including Merriman or anyone else, has the right to compromise the team with ego driven obstinance. You refuse consensus medical treatment, you go on IR immediately. You enter training camp with an injury that has been recommended for surgery by medical consensus you go on the pup. The team is the priority. You want to go on some egotistical, testosterone driven, monomaniacal campaign, do it from your living room.
  2. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Jan 13, 2008
    I agree. A team which wants to win the Super Bowl comes out with intensity and a take no quarter attitude from game one. This lackadaisical prep and indulgance of a media seeking player will not win enough games to make the playofffs much less the super bowl.

I feel like I watched a replay from last season.

I love my bolts, but sometimes, they have to hear the truth.
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

We were ****ing sleepwalking through most of the game. Almost NO intensity.

I'm giving 'em a mulligan for today. Different conference, no big significance in the standings.

BUT .... it better be a wake up call. No 1-3 starts this year. That is not an option. :no: