1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman company sues Laettner

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, May 28, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Kevin Acee
    May 28, 2009, 12:42 p.m.

A company owned by Shawne Merriman has sued former Duke and NBA basketball player Christian Laettner and his business partners.​

According to a report in the Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer, the lawsuit seeks repayment of a $3 million loan to Laettner and former Duke teammate Brian Davis that was to give Merriman ownership interest in the group's real estate projects.​

Now, before this is added to the list by those who hold Merriman's off-field pursuits against him, it must be considered that Merriman has assured me many times that he has people working for him who do the heavy lifting in his business dealings.​

He says he is involved and has final say in everything he puts his name on, but he insists it does not detract from football.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/may/28/chargers-merriman-company-sues-laettner/

2. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I think the fact that anyone looks at Merriman's off the field buisness ventures as a distraction from the game is ridiculous. On the field he is a monster and dominant. Who cares what Merriman does outside of the scope of football; I say the more dude can invest and make a name for himself the more power to him.

Laettner is a brave man, messing with Merrimans money, he better keep his head on a swivel...:abq1:

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126

...before it ends up on an anvil! :icon_banana:

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Agree, dude should be free to make money as long as he doesn't miss any game prep.... He is smart to have others doing the business heavy lifting...

Mondo, what does that image in your sig say?

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I see BOLTALIE.com

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It says bolttalk.com...

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    OK, now I see it.

8. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Yup it says bolttalk.com; It's a gleaming example of me being unproductive at work. Go Chargers!:bolt:

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I like the way it looks. Nice work! :tup: