1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Merriman contemplates surgery. Will he play this year?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    ESPN: Merriman heads to Miami with eye on playing in 2008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3552936

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696

****in figures.

This hurts most against teams like New England and Indianapolis where we count on him pressuring the QB more than ever. This really loses the Chargers their edge.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632

It means Phillips/Tucker/Castillo (who really needs to earn his damn contract!) and others need to step up their pass rushing game. They have to get after the QB and yeah it hurts against Indy (but frankly we've had two sacks in two games against them in 2007) and the Pats (I don't think merriman had any sacks that game) but we can still manage

4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

...And the offense might have to step it up more as well :bolt:

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Those Grammy's are fake!

(I can't believe these 2 clowns faked everybody out, including myself since I bought their records)

Note: For all youngters born after 1980. A record is a 12" vinyl disc they used to play music on......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    A caller on the Mikey Show this morn said he saw Shawne and his two torn ligaments bowling the other night in Poway. They called the bowling alley to confirm and the manager of the bowling alley said she could neither confirm NOR deny due to disclosure rules.

Take that and smoke it. Someone is playing games and it's NOT football.

:mad3:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Just cause he's bowling doesn't mean **** dude. He was practicing up until a couple weeks ago. The issue is stability in the knee, particularly when it comes to lateral movement and backpedaling. Bowling requires neither. I'm sure if Merriman were a professional bowler he would not miss the PBA season. The dude's not faking. He's flying all over the country seeking opinions, trying to figure out what he can do to play this year.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Bowling is slightly less physical then football my friend
    Heck I saw Nick Hardwick walking around downtown, Rexy saw him bartending at a charity event, but it didn't mean his foot wasn't messed up preventing him from playing football

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    is this a similar injury that tiger has?

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Tiger had a torn ACL I think, which is worse than what Merriman has. Torn ACL means reconstructive surgery. Torn PCL and MCL at least you can walk but it won't be as stable. I mean Tiger won the U.S. Open with a Torn ACL. That's just amazing. For those who play golf, you know you what I mean.