1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman expects to play when Chargers host Broncos

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- Pro Bowl linebacker Shawne Merriman appears set to start Monday night when the AFC West champion San Diego Chargers host the Denver Broncos, after missing last week's game with a sprained left knee.
    "I've been doing pretty much everything the whole week," Merriman said Saturday after practice. "I feel good, I'm moving around good and I'm expecting to play."
    Merriman rested the knee during last week's win over the Lions, but said he was out of sorts watching instead of playing.
    "It drove me nuts," said Merriman, who leads the team with 11 1/2 sacks and was recently named to his third Pro Bowl. "I didn't know what to do. But hopefully I won't be sitting this week because I've been practicing all week."
    Merriman's one concession to his injury will be a knee brace.
    "Sometimes it hampers my change of direct and it prevents me from doing certain things," he said, "but I'll be good."
    Defensive end Luis Castillo (ankle) is also trying to get back on the field. He's been out since early November and has been shooting for Monday night for his return.
    "I honestly have no idea," Castillo said about suiting up.
    Coach Norv Turner said Castillo and running back Michael Turner (shoulder) will likely be game-day decisions. Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jamal Williams (ankle) was added to the injury report on Saturday and is listed as questionable.
    Quarterback Philip Rivers (knee) remains on track to start, although like Merriman, he will likely wear a protective brace

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good ****, Johnny!! :tup:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Getting Merriman and Castillo back on Monday night would be the last two pieces of the puzzle, but I would tend to be conservative with Castillo's ankle. As long as there was NO likelihood of aggravating it under normal circumstances then get him back into rhythm before the playoffs by all means.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd love to see both guys play (Shawne & Luis), but place them being 100% healthy for the playoffs as my highest priority. :tup: