1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman is twittering!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Just saw this on my twitter feed and now I'm totally fired up! HURRY UP FOOTBALL!!!

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Long as he doesn't hurt his fingers it's all good. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Twitter is twitter.com/xpl333zy !

:tup:

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Don't you mean he tweeted :icon_banana:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Am I the only one who thinks twitter is completely retarded?

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Nope. I agree that it's totally focking retarded. I'm just not interested in every single thought that goes through someone's head. And how self-absorbed do you have to be to think that people wanted to know what you are doing every minute of the day? I think twitter is a fad that is going to die a quick death.

7. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Well then you guys don't have to twitter :p

8. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    To me, this complaining is like the people who dont like certain sports and are close-minded to others. Like baseball sucks, give me football! I dont like hockey very much, but I dont say hockey sucks! I honor other people's likes and dislikes.

I like twittering. I could live without it, but it's been fun so far. :yes:

I have gotten some interesting info on Twitter. The SD Union tweets news updates throughout the day. So, Im always on top of the news...

Plus, it cant be all bad if Merriman is doing it. :tup: :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    How much news can you actually receive in 140 characters or less? I don't have a problem with people liking twitter, I just have concerns about the very real affects these new technologies are having on how the brain works. Several renowned neuroscientists have conducted studies that suggest things like texting, blogging and micro-blogging are fundamentally changing the way peoples' brains work, making it more difficult for them to pay attention. It's gotten to the point where even reading a long magazine article, let alone a book, is too much for many. Twitter seems to me like an extremely limited form of communication.

10. Centella Cajon

Centella Cajon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    No.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    No, it is pretty retarded. They are running out of ideas I think. I think that the media will run twitter into the ground though. It's jut ridiculous how much they mention the website on the air.

12. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82

Twitter only really applies to certain people. Now if what you do is somewhat important and needs to get out to the masses sure. But for the most part it's kind of dumb. It's just another variation of facebook, which was a variation of Myspace which was a variaion of Friendster. It whouldn't be that bad if like I said the media didn't beat us down with it ever 5 seconds.

Now, I'm not saying that these social networking sites aren't fun or good. I have a facebook account but I'm just not that big on updating it with everything I do. I would like to but it takes time to do that since I'm kind of active. It's fun at firt but after a while it starts feeling like work, and I really don't think that people are that interested in what I do anyway. I think that's the general feeling people have when they don't like these type of sites.

13. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Following him...

14. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,806
    That's the point of twitter - it's just a little "btw"

I get updates from media sources throughout the day via twitter and other RSS feeds on my Google homepage, if the little blurb interests me, I click through and read the article. :icon_shrug: It's really not too much different than the forums, you see a topic title - if it interests you you click and read and comment. If it doesn't you don't.

It's not technology's fault that people are lazy and let themselves get to a point where they can't pay attention long enough to read more than a snippet of info. Anyway - I only posted initially b/c I thought it was cool Merriman said his knee was feelin' good and he was exicted for the season hehehe so no worries - I won't mention twitter again :tup:

15. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Snap! :tup:

16. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    And then he added, "Hey you kids, get off my lawn!"

:icon_tease:

17. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Twitter is for young people, maybe why some of you guys don't understand. :icon_tease:

:lol:

18. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I don't have twitter yet!

*is 19*

19. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    twittering should only be done in the bathroom.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Had it, got tired of politicians pandering to constitutents over it, athletes pandering to fans, friends telling off friends, celbrities thinking people actually gave ****, and got off Twitter.

21. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    It's not a matter of laziness. It's a matter of physiological changes in the brain caused by focusing on a different subject every thirty seconds.

This forum is nothing like twitter. 140 characters. That's the limit on twitter. That's very different from the sort of interactive communication that happens in this forum.

I wasn't bagging on you for mentioning or liking twitter. I don't have anything against people who use twitter.

22. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I mainly use it to get the latest news and articles.

23. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I think I twittered in my pants.

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    It's ok.... as long as you don't get any on your shoes.

(Also... "SHUT UP AND PLAY, SHAWNE"... YOU TWIT...er...er...)

25. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Not at all. I don't get all the buzz about it. :icon_shrug:
    It's STOOPID

"ffrrttt.....I just farted, in case anyone wants to know"...this is my only twit

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Twittering is the ultimate ego trip. Maybe I'll join so I can tell the world whenever I'm taking a dump. Won't work when I'm taking a leak because you won't be able to do it one handed-unless of course I sit down to pee.

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Stock quotes for the pros, tornado warnings, hurricane warnings and disaster related flashes are legit. Anyone who needs something like this for ordinary news, unless they're in the news business, is being a tad obsessive. Those mind benders who state that twittering and other digital forms of communications are making fundamental changes in the way the mind functions are entirely correct. We are hard wired by thousands of generations for analog and personal communication that includes not only sight, as in twitter, but sound, touch and color. One of the prime brainwashing techniques and one of the torture techniques be bandied about now include isolation. Screws up a lot of things. You don't have to be in a cage to be isolated.

For those of you who have children, how long do you suppose it will be before some parent gets a tweet from the person who is killing their child from the victims own phone? How long before a serial killer begins twittering his atrocities? How long before Pac Man begins twittering about his hookers?

28. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    If people are into Twitter, fine. I am just sick to death of hearing about it. I'm watching NFL Net right now, and I don't know how many times Rich Eisen has mentioned it. I am watching to hear **** about the draft, not Rich Eisen's tweeting, twittering, or whatever the f*ck.

29. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Don't forget twattering

30. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I have twatter and nobody follows me, so basically I am talking to myself. :lol: