1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman really a cheater? Mabey not.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 25, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,476
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I read the same things and this should be presented as a defense.

If the sample tests Merriman has authorized on his supplements to be tested comes back as negative, then something is up which make this defensible to a degree.

I remember reading there is a 48 hour window in which no new evidence may be presented prior to the hearing date of Nov 7th so all the duckkies need to be in a row.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    We'll all find out in the next two weeks.

At least he'll be able to play versus the Ewes. What hurts is he'll be out versus the Bengals and Donks if appeal is denied, but hopefully "the other guy" will be back by then.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    I mentioned this in the podcast
    Go me:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well, it does set some sort of precedent. I dunno about this stuff though. Thanks for the info:)

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Sure seems alot of athletes who get tested have this nanodrlone in them. Like postanteater said last night. Considering merriman works his butt off exercising could this make a difference. Plus the dehydration part of it.

Whats kind of interesting. Was all that was found was this nanodrolone and they found no other steriods in him shouldn't that sort of point in the direction that something is odd here. THere are like many other steriods isn't there. Plus this nanodrolone seems to be very easily picked up. This doesn't kind of make any sense that he'd purposely ingest just nanodrolone.

7. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Right now, the best part of the postponing of this appeal is that Shaun Phillips gets a chance to heal and we could conceivably have him back before Merriman could possibly be on suspension. Much better to be down 1 OLB than 2.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    This is where Foley's absence brings out the lack of depth in our OLBs. :unsure:

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Wow, very interesting report. It is six years old, but still, it raises alot of issues about the validity of a positive test for this particular anabolic steroid.

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
  11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
  12. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I don't think he is a cheater but he has made a stupid mistake and sadly he's gonna pay for it by serving a 4 game suspension:no:

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,476
    lol, I havent listened to the podcast yet, I was working last night. But good job on your homework!

14. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    And hopefully have Igor back as well.:football:

15. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Im sure his lawyer has this and every other helpful info to FREE SHAWN. I stand by LO 100%. The guy is a hard worker and would never take this stuff illegally.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,476
    I think the Chargers toughest two games of the next 4 will be against St.Louis and Cinci.

I think we can beat Devner with or without Merriman. They cant score for ****, and I think we should get at least 17 considering we avg. 29ppg.

They only scored 13 on Oak, and they DEFINATLY dont have any of our talent on D.

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    17 would be a tall order considering what they've allowed this season....

18, 6, 7, 3, 3, 7

18. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    On paper we should have smoked KC as well. I am back in "one-game-at-a-time" mode for now, at least until we prove we can finish a game against a tough opponent.

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,889
    not to mention playing at invesco which we really can't seem to do

20. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Another Stadium we have trouble in