1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman says he'll be at WWE event

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 15, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Merriman says he'll be at WWE event

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 7:27 PM ET
    Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman hasn't signed his restricted free agent tender. So he's not under contract.

So he's not prevented from engaging in other activities that his football contract would prohibit, like wrestling.

And it appears based on Merriman's Twitter page that he plans to show up for the WWE event that will be televised tonight from San Diego. He says, "I want the mic." Whether some type of arrangement has been made for him to take the mic and then pretend to slam it against someone's head remains to be seen.

You can see it for yourself on USA Network tonight, starting 9:00 ET. Sure, USA Network is owned by NBC. But that's merely a coincidence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/15/merriman-says-hell-be-at-wwe-event/
    :tdown:

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Only hurting his stock further, reducing what we could get for him in a trade and what another team will pay him in a long term contract.

3. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    As long as he doesn't get hurt, I think it's awesome.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Oh I bet AJ is just thrilled.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :yes:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    A.J. has the NFL security spies on Merriman and if Merriman makes it RAIN ... Does Pacman Jones ring a bell ? :icon_twisted:

8. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I don't think it's awesome. I like Merriman and I don't want him to keep doing stuff that will make AJ dump his *** when his contract is up.

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'm sure this is a non issue. Merriman knows how his injuries last year and the year before affected his chance at a big contract. He talked about wanting to be shown respect and getting hurt again only further negatively affects his chance at getting that contract cash-in he is looking for. I don't forsee him puting himself in a position to get hurt. Especially in a activity like wrestling that is based on well rehersed moves.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Geez you guys... one stupid PFT article and charger fans (here and elsewhere) are proclaiming SM is doing something wrong. So what he's going to the WWE show at the sports arena - he's not wrestling, all he ever said in twitter was he was attending and wanted the mic - SP is taking his young son and Demetrius Byrd was tweeting he was there watching too. Wouldn't be surprised if other local athletes where in attendance as well.

BFD

How is attending "sporting/entertainment" events in San Diego DURING THE OFFSEASON and maybe talking some fake trash into the mic to get the crowd rowdy going to diminish his value on the trade market? Or an issue for the Chargers FO?

11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    :tup::yes::tup:

Amazing how much of a magnite he has become for stupid accusations.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Whatever he does on this show, it won't make or break his future (or lack of) in San Diego. If AJ ditches him, it won't be because of his participation in this show.

Note: Me and a few others were talking about this earlier today (before we heard about this). Maybe he really is looking at a new career! :lol:

13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    He wasn't on the show. :lol: Nothing better than jumping to conclusions! :icon_rofl:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Oh well but nobody had a problem believing he would do that.

Not that there would be anything wrong with him doing so but I think he decided not to because he currently sucks!!!
    Face it... the ONLY current Charger that would get positive reaction (nation wide besides just locally) is Rivers. But that's completely not his style!!

LT would have been good for this.
    Williams would have been good for this.
    If Merriman didn't suck, he would have been perfect for this.
    Jammer would have been great for this if he made a Pro Bowl or two (not saying he isn't a great player).
    If Peacock Boy Cromarti was still here and was playing like the 07 season, he'd be great.

I think Merriman didn't do it cause he sucks and wasn't sure about what kind of crowd reaction he would get.

Let Roid Boy walk!!! :yes:

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Bummer man, he didn't get a chair busted over his head or thrown through a table??? :lol:

16. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Don't get me wrong, personally I could care less. I think it's pretty funny actually. And this one thing in isolation, had it happened, is not a big deal. It's the accumulation, however, of all of these types of things that makes the FO not want to bring him back. Especially when he's not necesarily backing it up on the field right now. And you're right, we probably blew it out of proportion. But you have to admit when your hear something like that come from Merriman it's easy for your imagination to run wild because of all the other situations he's been in. Moreso than if it had come from someone who's not such a personality.

By the way. As you can see from my sig, I'm a Merriman fan.

17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I think it would have been hilarious if he got on the mic at WWE - Being upset or worrying about it is like being upset or worried he was at the circus... :lol:

Plus, the article that started all the hoopla was from PFT - The National Enquirer of Sports "Journalism" - Even TMZ doesn't sensationalize like Florio does.

18. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This is why I am glad I m a Bolts fan 3000 miles away. People & media blow things wayyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion when it comes to himmaking things look worse than they really are. Sure he may say alot of things but in reality, the guy likes to talk and he uses the public like a bunch of puppets that they are. Let the guy live his life the way he wants. Now let's see how he performs on the field after a year from injury and see if he returnss to form.

19. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Maybe Merriman would be a better wrestler. I mean he is a brute.

He should do a tag team with pacman jones!

[​IMG]

I wouldn't wanna get in the ring with him. The best part about it is that in the WWE he would be allowed to take all the steriods his heart desires!

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    According to Nick Hardwick on the radio, Gregory, Dielman, and Mooch were all there as well

21. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I'll bet AJ's pissed at these guys! :icon_rofl:

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    They didn't participate, none of them, so why would AJ be mad?

23. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Dude.
    Read before you respond. See this :icon_rofl:? Do you know what it is? It was at the end of my post. Do you not understand scarcasm or a joke?

:icon_eek: