1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman says knee is okay

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Aug 28, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +284
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

Following the Chargers' 19-16 preseason loss to the Vikings Friday night, linebacker Shawne Merriman stood at his locker, smiled, and fielded questions from reporters.

It was a sight for the sore eyes of Charger fans. On the game's opening kickoff, the Bolts' top pick was forced off the field after suffering a knee injury. Merriman was taken into the locker room, but fortunately, the injury doesn't appear to be major.

"It's just sprained," Merriman said. "I think it's a day-to-day thing. I was coming down and tried to turn and come back to the ball. I tripped up and got my knee driven straight into the ground."</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2276" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>