1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman signs workout waiver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Shawne Merriman says he'll sign workout waiver

Chargers linebacker reporting for workouts
    Aaron Wilson
    April 07, 2010, 12:26 AM EST

San Diego Chargers veteran outside linebacker Shawne Merriman had a couple of interesting things to say on his Twitter account.

Shawne Merriman said he has signed his injury waiver.

One, he indicated that he was heading into team headquarters to sign a waiver so he can participate in workouts as an unsigned restricted free agent.

A few hours later, Merriman said he was glad to be back.

"Going in to sign my workout waiver with the team today!!!" Merriman wrote. "Felt good to finally be back under the Chargers roof thats my house until im told otherwise."

Merriman was assigned the high tender of a first-round pick and a third-round pick.

The deadline for other teams to submit an offer sheet for restricted free agents is April 15.

There have been no indications of anyone planning to sign Merriman.

Eat ****, haters. :lol:

Say what you will but, outside of Rivers, I seriously doubt that there's another guy on this team who loves to play football any more than Shawne.

:popcorn:

2. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

Agree 100%. People want to bash him on his outside "activities" but when it comes to play the game, he is all business! :icon_toast:

3. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Not a 56 hater at all...actually I'm all about Lights Out and I think he is going to have a great year. But I think its safe to say Sproles loves football more than Merriman. Everything he has to overcome to play the game at this level at his size is insane and he signed the waiver first and was at the facility well before Shawne....just sayin!

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Dont care what anyone says, i love shawne and hope he is a charger for life.

Everyone wants to say he fell off last year, but in reality, it takes 2 years to recover from that injury, and plus, even last year, you saw so many times, teams would line up the RB or TE on his side to chip him. He is still a force and next year will prove hes worth a long term, big money contract

To me, hes right there with Rivers and VJ as the best players on the team. AJ, take care of this man!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Shawne is going to have a monster season this year, and we'll end up letting him walk away for nothing.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    this is getting old :tdown: would you have franchized Brees? (with a bum shoulder and Philip waiting), how about Turner? (with LT still playing at a high level)

You can't get much from a player if he's not under contract

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Shawne Merriman = Lavar Arrington

[​IMG]

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Whatever happened to lavar arrington?

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    In April, 2006, Arrington agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract with the New York Giants. He suffered an injury in week 7 against the Cowboys and missed the rest of the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon. On February 12, 2007, he was released by the New York Giants.
    Initially Arrington's agent Kevin Poston insisted his client intended to play during the 2007 NFL season, saying "things could change at some point, but as of this moment LaVar is focused on playing." On April 18, 2007, The Washington Post article by Jason LaCanfora reported that Arrington was rumored to be leaning strongly towards retirement. Arrington's serious motorcycle accident in June 2007, seemed to remove any doubt. A September 23, 2007, New York Daily News article confirmed his retirement.

As of September 19, 2008, Arrington appeared on Washington Post Live, a local newspaper television program in the D.C. area, and was told many emails were being sent to them each week asking if Arrington had thought about returning to the Redskins. When asked he mentioned at times he does get the urge to play again since he is only 30 years old. He also indicated he has not retired officially since he never filed retirement papers to the NFL.