1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman to play, Tolbert to still get plenty of work

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Kevin Acee
    Friday, October 8, 2010 at 1:43 p.m.

Right guard Louis Vasquez took some reps with the first team Friday and is listed as questionable after working an entire practice for the first time since spraining his MCL Sept. 26 at Seattle.
    It is not known whether he will play Sunday or if Tyronne Green will make his second straight start in Vasquez's place.
    Inside linebacker Brandon Siler is listed as "doubtful" along with safety Darrell Stuckey. Neither practiced this week, and both are expected to be inactive at Oakland.
    Outside linebacker Shawne Merriman participated in his first full practice and will play Sunday. Merriman is also listed as "questionable."
    Running back Ryan Mathews (ankle) was limited, and outside linebacker Antwan Applewhite (foot) practiced full after being limited Thursday. Both are listed as "probable."
    The Chargers are being cautious both with Mathews' ankle and his psyche. With the luxury of Mike Tolbert and Darren Sproles being able to take snaps in the backfield, it is possible
    Oakland running back Darren McFadden is "out" with a hamstring injury. Starting left guard Robert Gallery (hamstring) and wide receiver Chaz Schilens (knee) are also "out."

2. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    "The Chargers are being cautious both with Mathews' ankle and his psyche"

Dont any of you come into my threads and act bold again. His Psyche?????? Holy crap. 5 games in our #1 RB stud has psyche problems.

Awesome.

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Your threads suck, and they come off as a Donkey fan in disguise at best. The article in this thread was written by Kevin Acee, not a bolttalk member. He says a lot of off collar things that make very little sense to anyone aside from himself.

4. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    So he made up that RM has psyche problems?

Hate me all you want dude, but I wasnt the one that said he had psyche problems, the Chargers beatwriter did. Not sure why he would make up something like that. Do you?

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I think if you push obvious agendas aside the question is one that is easily answered.

It was actually touched on last night during the AFC playbook show on the NFL network.

You want an RB being instinctive. When they fumble they stop being instictive and start over thinking and become a ball carrier as opposed to a Running back. Call it Psyche, gitters, fumbleitus what ever have you. These players are young people who are in the spotlight. They can get to where they focus on the wrong thing.

Nothing major here. It is not some smoking gun some will try to make it out to be. It is humanology 101...

6. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    So he's the next Nate Kaeding?

I'm bummed about that. I liked the kid.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    No, he is the next you, you know tender and sensative but puts on a bravado exterior as a defensive mechanism...

8. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    You gonna do what you said you would do in my GM thread? Since your dying to talk about me. I can just put my sig back up if your just going to ignore it.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    What I am going to do is what I do. One thing you need to do is stop crying if you post an opinion that people dont like. You are not going out of your way to earn the respect of your fellow posters, do not accept the opinions of others, so quit whining.

You claim censorship when someone disagrees with you yet pine for it when ever people disagree with you... Which is it kid?

10. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    You cant be that dense. I dont care if someone comes in and bashes my opinion with a different opinion. I dont care if they have a different opinion. The pics, the videos, the name calling. Thats the problem and you know it.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I dont see it that way. I see you being verry acidic to your fellow posters. Go look at your responces today. None of them invite dialogue, they attack others who disagree with you. Your responce above starts out in an atagonsitic manner. Most of your posts follow this manner. I think that is soething you need to focus on if you want acceptance here. Your choice, or you can continue to howl and pine about how no one respects you...

You scream that we sensor you if we tell you something, have accused HollywoodLeo of sensorship because he disagreed with you, yet demand me to sensor others for you. Am I missing something here?

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    [​IMG]

13. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Then dont bitch about my signature, cuz it's obvious neither of us care.

**** man. Turn this stupid thread into a **** contest about me because I shared my opinion on our RB. I didnt call you out. I didnt attack you. I attacked our RB. STFU.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :no:

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You really want to whine to a mod about how you are treated while you are insulting him?

I'm here to bash your opinion. But I don't think your opinion has anything to do with facts or results. I think your opinion about the Chargers has little to do with the Chargers and is more a reflection of the fact that you are a whiney, misanthropic, attention-seeking douchebag.

BTW, calling a thread gay or stating that you are a troll is also an opinion Why should people argue the facts with you if they don't respect you or even believe that you are who you say you are?

As for Mathew's psyche, wanting to build a young player's confidence after a couple of mistakes is not a sign that the player is flawed. It's a sign of good coaching. All good coaches take a young player's psyche into consideration when they are determining how to treat him.

You say it's all about results on the field. OK. So in his last game, did Mathews look particularly damaged to you? Did his performance suggest that there's something wrong with him? He averaged 6 yards per carry for Christ's sake. One offhanded comment in an article about injuries, and suddenly you see the sky as falling. Very telling.

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,580
    [​IMG]

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Ok guys, can we back off for a bit and let this get batck to talking football...

Whine-one-one.... *snort*

18. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Just keep proving my point. I'm not gonna get into the piss matches with you kids so Conc can spin my defense into attack.

This boys club is weak. Make it a private discussion board if you dont like varying opinions.

19. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Thought you'd like that one. :)

20. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'm tired of this sheet. Why the hell does every damn thread have to hve LEM pissing and moaning about nothing? Why don't you go fine a team you like LEM? From my vantage point you are the defination of a troll.

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Every. Single. Thread. Derailed.

22. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    The Chargers fan forum appreciates your post on the topic. Thanks for coming in here to say how tired you are about a poster but never comment on the topic. We appreciate your contribution!

23. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Read the timeline smartass. Defense is not offense. Read the VERY 1st post in reply to my post about our RB. Read slow so you get why I asked you to do it.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yeah, defense as offense right here buddy. This is you issuing a threat to the forum, not to mention what appear to be a shot @ the OP.

Now GTFO with your whining.

25. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    HuH??? LOL. That calls for repeated name calling? That was calling an individual out by name? Who did I attack with "none of you come into my threads and act bold" - Thats your example???

Where is the shot at the OP?

You guys cant seriously be behind this guy? If that isnt LOOKING for a problem, I dont know what is.

26. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Jet fan.

• Like Like x 1
  27. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Faag. :lol:

28. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Not to make an excuse for the turds, but damn, their a M*A*S*H unit right now.

The turds are not very good at stopping the run, so I'm ok with running Tolbert/Spoles out there, I know some might think the fo might be handling Mathews with kid gloves, but why not if you have the luxury?

29. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I think that Tolbert will probably start the first series to loosen the defense up and then Mathews will step in and do his thing. Either way, the 2 fumbles did hurt Mathews confidence and so did the injury but he did well last week and scored, so that probably boosted his confidence a lot. If he scores this week and has some long runs, his confidence will skyrocket and there probably wont be an issue with his psych

30. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    No one said he had psyche problems. First, you say the Chargers had declared that RM was the next LT and that they had put way too much pressure on the "poor young kid." Now, you are suggesting that RM is weak because the coaches are trying to build his confidence. Which is it?