1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman's accuser says "judgment day" is Tuesday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerJeff, Sep 7, 2009.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Well for judgement day, I had 2 Beef tacos, refried beans, and rice. Its the best I could do, we had soccer practice from 6-7:15 tonight.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    :icon_rofl:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    She says her grandmother just died, which would explain no statement

just posted
    officialTilaThe first official statement on my behalf will be releasing shortly....21 minutes ago from web

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

:icon_huh:

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Posted on another board:

6. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    He probably has a claim for false arrest in that case as a private citizen effectuating a citizen's arrest does not have the immunity that a peace officer does.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
    First statement

http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/08/tilas-lawyer-shawnes-story-is-a-spin-move/#comments

Tila's Lawyer -- Shawne's Story is a 'Spin' Move

Posted Sep 8th 2009 11:14PM by TMZ Staff

Tila Tequila's lawyer is firing back at Shawne Merriman -- claiming the NFL star's version of what happened the night he was arrested is nothing but pure "spin."

Merriman claimed that Tila was drunk and he was trying to keep her safe by keeping her off the road -- Tequila's lawyer, Alan Gutman, says Shawne's story will be "completely discredited."

Gutman just released the following statement to TMZ:

Shawne Merriman and his advisors have decided that the best defense is a good offense, attacking Tila Tequila in the press with a lot of calculated spin to cover up his illegal and indefensible actions.

Fortunately, we as a society will not tolerate a 6'4", 270 pound all-pro NFL linebacker physically assaulting a young lady who is 4'11" and 93 pounds. It is never justifiable to brutally assault, choke, strike and imprison a woman.

Once the truth is fully revealed, Mr. Merriman's fantastic story of how he was trying to keep Ms. Tequila safe will be completely discredited.

No one, especially a woman, should ever have to endure what Mr. Merriman did to Tila Tequila.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/08/tilas-lawyer-shawnes-story-is-a-spin-move/#comments#ixzz0QZqwvMyb

Her lawyer is writing checks her *** can't cash, baring some amazing evidence she's toast with this as her basis

8. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    why the hell wasn't she brought in for being drunk or do the cops have it in for the bolts, Foley,:icon_evil: Phillips Etc. when does San Diego's finest take some responsibilty? I seen a lot of domestic disputes unfortunatley but citizens arrest GIVE ME A BREAK

9. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    bunch of Raider loving cop, San Diego worst.

10. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Notice the complete lack of alleged facts, this sort of sets off my bullshit detector. If they can discredit SM's story, why wait?

And why should it be worse to brutalize a woman than a man? Why wouldn't it be just as bad for someone like SM beat the **** out of a small dude?

11. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    The police have to arrest him if she is willing to sign a citizens arrest complaint. This is state law, welcome to the post OJ world.

If she was on private property at SM's house, what exactly do you think they could arrest her for?

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672
    1. It was the Sheriff's that made the arrest
    2. They're outstanding cops and workers, they do alot of hard work
    3. They followed procedure - complaint made and takes the person the complaint is made against into custody. She might have been drunk but that's not a crime. Assaulting a girl and false imprisonment are
    4. They still did what you expect one to do even if this turns out to be a bad case - if a complaint is made you expect officers to take that person into custody because if they take such a half assed approach to another complaint that turns out to be true, that person is in serious danger
    5. I don't blame them for Tequila's actions, I blame her

13. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +100
    I think everyone is forgeting some vital facts. The cops wouldn't arrest him upon arival. She had to citizen arrest him. She was forced to go to the hospital. The police found no marks on her. The police also found that she is a TRAMPY LITTLE ATTENTION STARVED WHORE THAT'S JUST TRYING TO GET HITS ON HER WEBSITE AND STAY IN THE SCUMBAG SPOTLIGHT!....I think they found that:icon_eek:.... I mean all they have to do is open their eye's a little.

14. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    The fact that her lawyer is releasing a statement to TMZ, sets off my bullshit detector! :icon_rofl:

15. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    What, TMZ is not a serious and reputable news outlet?:icon_huh:

16. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    lol...i will say the comments left for this article on TMZ mirror this forum...she is getting ripped a new one on that site!

17. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    :icon_eek: My bad!

18. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
  19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    Ant, use your mighty lawyering powers and explain to me if/why/huh

a) none of the "eyewitnesses" have said anything for either side, is this just a wait and see thing, as in don't say **** until we're in front of a judge/gag order?
    b) no one has said whether or not she had her own vehicle or means of transpo from the party (limo)?
    c) can they subpeopna the hospital records?
    d) can Shawne sue her for defamation?

20. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'm still waiting for the alleged "truth".

21. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672

a) they're probably being told by lawyers on both sides to shut up and those same lawyers are taking statements from them in preparation for trial. it's also seen as poisoning the jury pool to turn this into a friends "he said/she said" thing

b) probably information that the police and the DA are reviewing. I don't know why they haven't been released except if one of those two parties are telling them to keep quiet

c) yes of course, that comes during discovery once they get past the pre-liminaries. They're probably reviewing the records in debating whether to push charges. If it gets too far then they will, but hope it doesn't

d) I mentioned this earlier, yes BUT for public figures its a very difficult constitutional test to meet that would require merriman to prove all statements are false and that tila said it with malicious intent on top of four other elements (defamatory statement, of or concerning P, publication, damages)

22. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    If he sues her, right now it looks like his best claim would be for false arrest. As a private citizen she does not have the immunity that a peace officer would.

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    So did Tickilla give any truths yet?

Any information about if the DA plans anything?

24. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
  25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    just remember

every time you click those links it's attention/money in her pocket

:tdown:

26. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Condensed version is Tila has something on Shawne to include about Steriods and aggression, she also said that yesterday Tuesday was going to be the day that Tila was going to say what went on.

There you have it.

27. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +450
    That's just it though, it is now wednesday and what has she come out and said tuesday?. Looks like sweet FA if u ask me. Time to move on, all of us.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672
    I'm not impressed with her statement, she's done little to change the opinions of many here, and i have a hard time believing the DA will grant charges unless there's just some information hidden that no one else would see

29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    The only sticky wicket I see woudl be the medical report. Who knows what that says since Pomerado (rightfully so) doesnt release the information.

30. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,672

the DA has those reports, you can be guaranteed of that, and that'll help decide