1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman's appeal to be heard Nov. 7

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2637470&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm thinking he's gonna bring something extra special to these games. He knows he's gonna be out for 4 games at some point, so he'll have to pad his stats to earn his bonuses. He should be a nightmare for Frye and Bulger. :bolt:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It will be interesting to see if he does his normal lights out dance on a sack these two games, or if the celebration is a bit more muted because of the bad spotlight.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I bet the fans still applaud him Sunday at home because we are such forgiving whores. :yes:

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yah i hope no one would boo him, espcially not knowing if he knew he was taking them or not

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It may have the reverse effect, as fans may overwhelmingly cheer him showing their support.

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Shawne will be cheered louder than ever. Yes, we are whores. And nothing brings out the tribalism in all of us more than one of our favorite players getting negative pub.

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    well, he is darn lucky those games are at home. You all know he'd be getting boo'd hard anywhere else.

This will be Bonds-like home town whorishness.

9. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    ok what happened to innocent till proven guilty ?i mean it sucks that we lost foley and then phillips but we should have v.j back and gates and mc and parker are goin to have huge games against the rams well be all good ,i bleed blue and gold,

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Yeah, it could be, but 1 major diff is that Bonds still denies he took anything. (except for in the GJ testimony that leaked).
    Plus Bonds is an ******* on a personal level. Dude is a straight up ******** and has been for years. Only started to try an change his image the past 2 years, but he is still a ********.
    (ok rant over)

• Like Like x 1
  11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +607
    hey Shawn, on another subject, I think your boy V.J. got of easy for not playing with all this stuff :icon_shrug:

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    first sack and all will be forgiven... not by me... but by all of you whores. :icon_rofl:

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Everyone deserves a second chance. Then a severe beating with a bat or other hard implement of destruction.

15. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    LISTEN UP, support him, if he did something wrong, then he will face the punishment. As far as he knows, he didnt do anything wrong. Stand up and cheer him on with the rest of the team.

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    No shiit... I went to Catholic school. Only thing I found useful was confession! Forgive me father for I have sinned... No father... I will not go to your private quarters and watch Thornbirds with you. :lol:

17. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    thats perfect 2 weeks of him then we get shaun back :yes:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

MERRIMAN FACES AN UPHILL CLIMB

In response to news that the hearing on linebacker Shawne Merriman's appeal will be held on November 7, league sources are increasingly skeptical about Merriman's chances of avoiding a four-game suspension.

"To the best of my knowledge," a league source told us on Tuesday night, "no one has ever won an appeal for steroid use. The league says the player is responsible for everything that goes into his body and if he is not sure, then have it checked. Merriman's excuse (or rather [David] Cornwell's) is a crock."

Meanwhile, we're hearing opinions from more and more league insiders who noticed that Merriman seemed to grow rapidly in the weeks and months leading up to the 2005 draft. Though it's hard to discern differences in upper body mass based on pictures in pads, Merriman looks a lot smaller in the midsection, based on photos from his days as a Terp and snapshots from his time with the Chargers.

[​IMG]

Whether any portions of Merriman's mass is medicinal remains to be seen. But even if he beats the current rap, he'll always be tainted with the stigma of steroids.