1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman's Knee not right?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    this is a question more than a statement

Heard a caller praise Coach Kentera yesterday for being the first (or only one) to "report" that Merriman's knee wasn't doing to well

anybody else hear something about this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't think I can believe anything that's published about Merriman for the next 12 months. :no:

There is going to be an avalanche of posturing on both sides as Merriman's camp tries to convince the league that he's fine and as the bolts try to convince the league he's damaged goods.

Gonna be a long year. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Absolutely every other source has him doing great.

So while this may be true, in the present case until I see something specific from a reputable source, I'll assume Shawne is doing fine.

4. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    My wife ran into him a little over a week ago at Mailboxes etc and asked him how his knee is. She told me that he just smiled and said just wait till September and she'll see. Also she noticed he wasn't limping or anything for whatever that's worth. I realize he wasn't running around or anything, I just wanted to mention that she met him because I think that's cool as hell! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I haven't heard anything about his knee being wrong - he did alot of interviews with 1360 and always said he was great

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    All the report and interviews he's had have him saying that he is almost recovered.

Idunnotho.

:icon_huh:

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    good to hear it, hopefully the coach is wrong

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    I'd be surprised if there were problems with his knee and we hadn't heard about it yet. Shawne is fairly high-profile and while his "Knee Watch" isn't quite at the level of Tom Brady - I'm sure PFT or someone would have said something by now if there was a rumor going around hehe.

I've only heard good things so hopefully that's all true.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Next we'll here LT ain't right, does this crap ever end? We need to win that damn Lombardi if for nothing to shut people up!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Truer words could hardly be spoken. :lol:

Shawne wants to get paid. He's going to perform to the highest level that he can. He's hungry.

Posturing? Sure. Slacking? I don't see it.

The swagger is back. Grab an upgrade for DT/DE & safety. New D. Rivera can't WAIT to get his hands on a healthy Shawne Merriman. :icon_banana:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think we should ask opposing OTs what they think of Merriman's health after the season starts. Merriman is going to have a tremendous year. If he's healthy, he'll be in the top 3 for defensive player of the year. Dude is going to break the bank.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    last year of contract means max performance - he played a lot of games including all playoffs year before last so all cut him some slack, I expect him to be healthiere as the season goes and we sign up Rivers and wait on shawne if he's anwhre near his past it's franchise tag time

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Word I heard was he would have been ready for the playoffs but since he was on IR ..