1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman's Last Sack GIF

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Your welcome! :tup::bolt:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Love it, Love it, Love it!!! :icon_toast:

3. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Spastic and I love it!

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I hate Merrimans dance, he ought to act like he's been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    Never happen...just go with it so you too can enjoy the moment...I made the transition...reluctantly!

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I've never gone for the dancing around like a fool, the old spike or the Joiner top was ok but that's about it.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Does this mean you are taking the comment out of your sig?

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    You've been repped

9. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    No way...but I will give SM one weak of free tweeter posts without a negative comment...that is the best I can do. Tweeter is Still a stupid form of expression...No one is so important that we need to know when they take a dump or what ever! We all need to get a life.

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    "Act like you've been there before"

You know who says that? People who've never been there before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    That is certainly not true. Example: Sweetness, never rubed it in...total class!

12. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Let me get this straight. You hate Twitter, yet for his good performance you will go one week without posting negative comments on Merrimans Twitter account? Don't you have to log-in to Twitter in order to leave comments on his page? It's like saying that I hate Shiit sandwhiches but since they are making them with mayo this week I'll eat them and not complain.

Same goes with all the complaining about merrimans dance. I'm sure 99.9% of you guys would do the same ESPECIALLY if you sacked Sheli. Don't give the man a hard time for being ENTERTAINING. I think a lot of fans forget that. And that is exactly what the players are. It's not like they are trying to achieve world peace out there and have to be diplomatic. It's a football game for god's sake. Let them have fun.

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :lol:

:yes:

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    But did he run around preaching to others to "act like you've been there before"?

My (borrowed from a sportsline.com sports writer) statement didn't say that the only people who "act live the've been there before" have never been there before, it said people who SAY "act like you've been there before" have never been there before. (i.e. fans and sports writers)

It's cool that Sweetness (as well as LT) choose to celebrate their TDs that way, but why be condescending towards someone who chooses to do so with a little more flare?

I don't fault a player for being happy about his accomplishment.

It'd be different if Merriman did it in front of the QB's face, but he doesn't.

15. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    I have never posted negative comments on a twitter account...I don't even know how? I meant within this forum. Wow you read a lot into a comment with no real info.

16. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    I have to admit, it is taking me some time to relate to the show boat mentality...but I did enjoyed SM dance today!

17. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    You sure about that? Let me tell you a story.....

There was this old bull and a young bull standing on top of this hill looking over this whole field of cows........:icon_tease:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You hate Twitter, yet you do basically the same thing when you post on an internet forum... Alrightyo....

19. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    Not really....I post about a San Diego Sports....mainly the Chargers. Typically we have a specific subject...From what I have read, twitter is just posting what is on a persons mind at any particular time...dangerous. It may do good for some folks, but I have not seen any good come out of it for athletes. Remember, 1000 good things get erased by one "Ah sh*t".

20. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Exactly!!!!! This is entertainment. That dance is the greatest thing since Juniors little punch. As it happened I was screaming for it. I also think this low shake slap that LT is doing is good to. This is supposed to be fun morons!!

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Then let me suggest you stop reading and look at it yourself. Your perception of what it is, is definitely off IMO, which make me wonder about the 'twitter haters' out there that are talking about it without knowing what they are talking about.

If you would be pizzed that Shawne came in here and posted, then I would get your point. Otherwise, you are getting mad at him for doing the same thing you just did. Use electronic media to communicate to a wide audience... Oh the horrors....

Also if you have never gone and looked for yourself, how do you know that no good has ever come out of it for athletes?! Do you know, or are you making a biased assumption? Did you see athletes like Jammer and Castillo informing their thousands of followers about their charity events? Criminal, I know! Gosh, they should be shot! Or McNeil starting one that deals solely with the camps he runs for underprivileged children? Or the many people who use it to get information out to the great many people that use it, people and organizations such as BoltTalk, Bolthype, Boltsfromtheblue, Chargers and many, many other organizations including the Cancer research centers.

Have you gone and actually educated yourself on this or are you blissfully sitting in ignorance raging at players using electronic media because all you have heard about was the clowns like Ocho Cinco being idiots on it? Again, much like a forum huh? You know, good with bad! Imagine, if people treated the automobile the way you treat Twitter, we would be walking... That would be the true "Awe Sh*t" moment...

Educate yourself, not simply read the opinions of others, dont allow them to tell you what to think, find out for yourself, then we can talk...

Edit: Also I have been exchanging messages with Vincent Jackson via Facebook, maybe he should be tarred and feathered? :lol:

22. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Ok well it safe to say this has gotten derailed. :lol:

:popcorn:

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I don't see a problem with an internet outlet that allows you to post what's on your mind at any given time.

Hell, I use one. I just do it on Facebook instead of twitter.

The only reasons I think Twitter is dumb is because That's the only thing you do with it (as compared to all the other things that come with Facebook) and the fact that you're limited to 140 characters, so it forces users to resort to internet short-hand slang.

Essentially, Twitter is nothing more than a limited Facebook status update site of sorts.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    On a serious note. It is looking like Shawnes groin is finally better, he seems to have his strength back, even bull rushed an offensive lineman or two this game. But you can see his speed is back as her make Sheli crap himself on this play...

25. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    On that crucial 3rd down sack (right before River's int) his pure strength definitely showed, he completely pushed the offensive linemen back.

He's also all over the field, earlier in the season when he would have a free lane and the run would go the other way he would just stop, now he doesn't stop running, runs all the way makes a play.

Love the intensity he's playing with. Great to have him back. Same goes for Phillips.

• Like Like x 1
  26. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    If it didn't, they obviously have been drinking all day long.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    I LOVE the LightsOut dance - I also love the unabashed joy PR has when he makes a great play or gets a win (like tonight)

Merriman's face when he did that dance was pure joy. He was so happy :) It. Was. Awesome.

28. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    Funny:icon_huh:...I'm not mad at Shawn. I'm concerned about twitter making our players more vulnarable to the haters...media. That is all. You are correct, I don't know everything there is to know about twitter, which is why I said it may be good for some folks. I know people that use twitter on a regurlar basis for a specific reason...to sale something...that is ok. I have to question folks that use it to speak out, for no apparnet reason but to be heard. I'm aware I only hear about the dumb **** comments... but that is enough for me to want a twitter free team! I don't think there should be a law against it.

29. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I agree with you again, Bolt Sista!

IMO, Shawne's sack and Lights Out Dance was an exclamation point on the win.

Also IMO, this was letting us and his teammates know, "IM BACK *****ES!!!"

Right after Phillip scored the winning TD pass to Jackson, he went to the sideline and we read his lips to the defense, "NO FIELD GOAL, NO FIELD GOAL!"

To whit: Phillip had just marched his boys down the field with precision, threw an awesome TD pass (after throwing an INT & watching several of his perfect passes get dropped)and he gets right off the field and lets his D knows what their job is now that he has done his.

This team is belonging to him now.
    He is "The Closer" of the Chargers.
    He is El Capitan.

30. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

Bottom line, twitter is stupid, there isn't much more to know about it, and the fools who try to defend it as a legitimate source of information are the same people who are posting things like " --drr, :da crushed a banana--,l: going to eat some chikin biskets now" in half retarded broken english on their own accounts.

Your 100% right Holy, if I'm in Norv's position I'd rather not have my players making their every move, thought, and emotion public knowledge.