1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Merriman's performance has sparked another huge argument amongst Cowboy fans:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thunderstruck, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63678

Some of them are starting to regret the Ware draft pick, while some are still firmly clinging to their denial, and saying things like "Merriman is one-dimensional" and "he only beats running-backs" and "if Ware was in that defense he'd have even more sacks!"

Some people can recognize awesome talent when they see it, and some can't.

Here's an example of their golden logic:

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I guess the genius forgot about the play where Merriman beat Willie Roaf, lost his helmet, and forced Trent Green to fumble. :icon_shrug:

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Who cares. They got more pressing problems, like finding a donor for broken pieces of Bedsore.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm just waiting for the ticking time-bomb called Terrell Owens to finally go off.....

5. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Serious denial here..... I firmly believe Ware will be a solid DE in this league... and may find himself in a few probowls, but Merriman is gonna attain performance at a completely different level. He has the ability to be the best ever! Thats saying a lot, but his talent is simply out of this world..... I worship AJ, and God bless the San Diego Super Chargers!

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It's funny how we never have that discussion. It's a complete non-topic because we already know who got the better player.

7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    It's the same with the Vick-L.T. thing and Falconites. :yes:

8. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Delusional Cowgirl fan makes delusional Raturd fan seem like a downright realist...:lol:

There is no more delusional fan in the NFL than Cowgirl fan...

:icon_high:

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :yes: With both the LT and Vick deal and the Merriman & Ware thing the San Diego Chargers won out in both instances and to me that is the best medicine there is.

Both John Butler and AJ Smith were and are geniuses at the Draft and I could care less what the Cowgirls and Falconites think because they can biitchh all they want and both teams do not have the genius of a GM that the San Diego Chargers have at evaluating talent.

So let them biitchh, moan and groan.

I love it.:yes:

10. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Ware never crosses my mind. It sounds like Merriman might be to the cowboy fans what Troy P. is to the Charger fans. They are all water under the bridge now. Just enough this squad that AJ has pieced together.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889

Does not compute, throw the case out!
    Merriman is the best
    Ware is good but not as good

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I'm just glad he's ours! They had the dude of fox sports during my drive home and thats the raiders station here in LA. Even they were giving him mad props. He amde sure to mention they were doing the bull dance in Foley's honor:bolt:

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Some of those guys are saying that Merriman got to be matched up against a RB most of the time, while Ware had to handle an OT.

Well, how about Merriman was so fast that he blew by Gallery a lot of times and Lamont Jordan was forced to play "emergency blocker", and not a good one at that? :icon_mrgreen:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have never heard Ms. Trumpie use the word "destroyed" in describing us kicking anyone's ***.

Gallery was ABUSED AND RAPED....MOTHER Fugger got VIOLATED.

I busted up laughing when the back up QB came in so soon.

Dude that game was over after the 6th play (the shot by McCree) set the tone and the Raiders folded......they fuggin FOLDED !!! :lol:

I love it !!!!!!! :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_party: :bolt:

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Yeah i saw that guy in the Redskins forum and we had quite a banter there about this.
    He says Merriman had not beatin any OT's for his sacks , therefore his sacks are from help of teammates or coverage sacks.

I explained to him that Merriman missed every minicamp and the start of TC and it just went over his head and had none of it.
    He is a real douche and obviously a Ware homer but who cares. Merriman beat tackles last night and had 3 sacks.

Who cares....our guy is a beast and plays with fire.

I told the homer since he didnt like Merimans sacks while everybody else but him thinks he will be a great player and picked him for ROY...he should go review all of Lawrence Taylors sacks and let me know how many he didnt approve of while he as voted i the HOF.

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Exactly.

Here's a hint to the myopic Cowgirl fans: When you're the only people in the universe who do not think Merriman is the second-coming of Attila the Hun, it means you're probably guilty of being reckless homers.

Lots of people in the national media, for what that's worth, believe Merriman is the odds-on favorite to be defensive player of the year in the NFL. Never hear anyone say that about Ware.

To me it kind of goes back to that old Donnie Edwards argument--if a player doesn't make impact plays, is he truly great? Ware does make impact plays, but not nearly as many as Merriman.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Same could be said for a Charlie Joiner. He was not flashy but he got the job done but not as nearly as impactful as John Jefferson.

18. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    There were a lot of Jefferson plays that were made possible by a clutch catch by joiner on third down to extend the drive...

Not as flashy, no. But every bit as much impactful...