1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Metal

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ride The Lightning, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Who here likes heavy fvckin metal?

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    !Metallica!

My sister played the DVD of Metallica and the SF Symphony today. Sheet, that shite rocked.:bolt:

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think the bot hating metal heads should all be banned. :tup:

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Early on, I hadta Rep the Botta get thru 15 posters to Rep again!! :icon_eek: :yes: :icon_rofl:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    WTF? Why you hating on me Thump? Everyone knows the bot is ****.

BTW, Rexy, Metallica hasn't been Heavy Metal since 1991.

I'm going to Anahiem next week to see Killswitch Engage, should be a rad show!

6. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    Korn
    Static-X
    Mudvayne
    Slipnot
    Pshyco stick

just to name a few

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just enjoy hating on you. Nothing personal. :icon_shrug:

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I really like rockin out to Air Supply, and when I am feelin like a total rebel I pull out my Carpenter LPs!!!!:yes:

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's what I'm talkin' about! :tup:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Korn - I like their first 3 albums, when the riffs were heavy as hell and the songs had emotion and the lyrics were thought provoking. Now, they are to poppy, so the rest of their music is pretty meh.

Static X - like them a little, haven't really liustened to them much, but their new album is pretty killer.

Mudvayne - Really dig these guys. Nice time changes and really killer riffing. Very underrated band.

Slipknot - I love 'em and hate 'em @ the same time. Some of thier songs are flat out skullcrushing metal, some of thier songs are completely terrible. Plus, I hate the costume gimmick. They look like a bunch of retarded janitors. I really love thier drummer Joey Jordison, that dude can play his balls off.

Psycho Stick - Never heard of them.

I usually listen to much heavier music than this, melo-death, thrash, speed. I never was a big fan of the whole Nu-metal scene, but these are definately some of the better bands that emerged from that trend.

Check out In Flames if you like all these bands. They are more melodic, way heavier, and much better than any of the bands you listened. If you haven't heard them before, check out the album Come Clarity, it's very good.

11. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I mostly listen to old Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Suicidal Tendecies and 80's thrash stuff. I never got into the new metal bands. Don't really know why. Must be too old now.

12. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443
    Old metal, love it, new metal, hate it.....:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    My sis just went to one of their concerts a few years ago.
    They still rocked that shite. Anyway, who gives a flying.

The album I mentioned, S & M, is from 1999. BTW, they're doing a little EUROPEAN tour come mid-summer.

So, if you think your group is more metal than my group, you can just. It's all good, ya banger.

14. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    You got that sheet right, Metal Sista.:rockout:

[​IMG]

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :icon_beerbang: Rock out! :rockout:

[​IMG]

:thumbup: Baybay!!!! :thumbup:​

16. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Not really into this new metal you kids like, i'm more of a Flogging Molly kind of guy. But I did see TOOL with an old friend a couple months back and was really impressed.:icon_beerbang:

17. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    i'm not gonna say it, i'mmm not gonna say it.

ga-hay

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    Rexy,
    I used to work for the stage hands union and was local crew for a hell of a lot of rock shows during part of my time in SD. I was backstage when metallica was there for the don't tread on me tour and even though I was working just being back stage for that one was a blast:icon_beerbang: I had a neckache from banging before I ever started a 5 hour load out. still have my crew shirt and pass from that one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    No way! That is so bangin! You probably have stories you could tell.

I havent had the privilege to make it to a concert yet. My sister will get me to one eventually. She says afterwards you are waaaaaay wasted, like worn out. But you have a big shite-eatin grin on your face. She's jonesing for another one already. They are doing Europe this summer, though.

To see that shirt and pass and hear stories, that would kick azz.

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I worked security for a metallica show at coors amphitheater once. Some chicks showed me their tits to get down to the pit. Worked for me. :yes:

21. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Hmmmmmmmm, I'll have to ask sis if she ever.....

22. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    actually I have alot more stories that I cant tell.:icon_rofl:

Mostly there stuff like having to move MC Hammer's couch for the 3rd ****ing time:icon_evil:

23. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    It's alot like that but more so.:yes:
    For the record best looking women ever back stage was for Def Leppard:icon_eyes:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Rexy, don't take what I said the wrong way, I mean, look at my sig. I am named after a Metallica record, they are my all time favorite band. The do indeed rock the **** out of every venue they play, but they just aren't metal anymore and haven't been since the Black Album.

Although I love the S&M album, it's poorly executed. They should have covered more of their older, more classic material, instead of foolish trying to put a Symphony to the song like Fuel, it just winds up sounding like crap. C'mon, The Four Horsemen, with a Symphony?! That **** is begging for a symphony.

I have been at every Metallica show in San Diego in the past 18 years,so thanks to all the fools on the board that worked those shows.

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Didn't I throw you out of a show?

Actually working the show was easy money. I basically got paid to see Metalica. Not a lot, but then again I just filled in for the security company in my spare evenings when they needed more people. For some reason they doubled security for Metalica. The Metalica show I worked, there were almost no problems. I had more trouble working the Jimmy Buffet concert if you can believe that. Biggest problem I encountered at the Metalica show was people sitting in other peoples seats. I wouldn't have even cared, but the people who the seats belonged to had no place to sit.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    You'll never catch me misbehaving at a Met show. Too much money to waste getting thrown out for some dumb bullshit.

27. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    So, who died and made you their manager? :icon_shrug:

I know parts of the S & M album are not perfect, but I dig it because its different. Some of the songs I really like because the symphony gives it depth. You can still hear the guitar riffs, the drums and James shredding the lyrics. Lars would tell you to go F yourself.:lol:

28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :lol: I'm not gonna keep arguing with you. I'll just say this: I do like the S&M album alot, I just don't care for the generic setlist that's on it, that's all. Metallica seem to have become far too lazy in recent years, doing the easy thing instead of really diggin deep and getting creative. Plus, I don't like alot of their newer material, it's just not as "epic" as the older stuff.

Althought they're not really considered metal, I've been on a huge Nine Inch Nails bender lately. I just bought a huge amount of NIN songs off iTunes a few days back and have basically been rediscovering all thier old albums. I had forgotten how badass Broken and The Downward Spiral albums were.

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886