1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Huff anyone?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Feb 16, 2012.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You don't think he would be an improvement over Gregory? Please tell me you don't think that

4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I think I would take Huff and Routt if that was $$ possible.

5. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I'd rather have Tyvon Branch if possible... Probably a bit unrealistic, but not really interested in Huff to be honest. I don't see him as a particular upgrade.

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Agreed.... Tyvon Branch makes a lot more sense.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    If he is an improvement, he would cost more and be a marginal improvement at best. He has played poorly his entire time in Oakland and lost multiple jobs at both safety spots and was considered to be moved to CB as a way to make his salary and lack of skills more tolerable. If I'm spending money on a SS its Branch right now

8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Nope

Huff sucks, id rather have stuckey than him

His sidekick on the other hand, Tyvon Branch, i would sign in a heartbeat

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Do you really need me to say this?

Yes, let's sign him up before anyone else realizes that he is available. He would be an asset to our defense, and we can probably pick him up for a just a few million. Since he left his last team he no longer considers himself a cancer in the locker room...

10. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Come on pointy , what about Haynesworth he was released today , you slippin up

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I've heard Wimbley and/or Curry might become available too.

I'd be more interested in both of them.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Is there a chance Branch becomes available?, is he a FA in March?. Huff blows hot and cold (excuse the pun) for me. So in essence not a big enough improvement over what we have for the $ he will cost.

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    But he has to have done something to be considered a cancer. He doesnt do anything except collect a paycheck, he is a perfect leak in the payroll.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Stuckey couldn't even beat out Gregory. Not to say he won't next year, but there was nothing there to say he is automatically better than anyone.

By the way, I am not saying Huff is a stud, but I do think he would be worth a shot and an upgrade over Gregory

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I know Kelly will be released, but if they're moving to a 3-4 why would they get rid of Wimbley? If they do get rid of him i'd be very interested in bringing him in

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Looking at Wimbley's contract they eat A TON of money to let him go. All guaranteed SO MUCH of that contract it was ridiculous.

And please tell me someone's not suggesting that we sign the safety-reincarnation of Whiffy. (There was a reason why the Ratturd fans referred to him as Michael Whiff. ;))