1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael "The Burner" Turner

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    How in the world will it be possible for us to hang on to this guy? He will be starting and killing in another town somewhere else probably sometime soon. Do we have a prayer to keep him?

My wife was begging for AJ to resign him to a 10 year extension after that 73 yard run.

:icon_shrug:

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Smart wife, that nursey is....:tup: :lol: I love Turner too and wouldn't be too excited to see us play against him.

Hope she (wife) liked the carne asada that I rescued for her...

3. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Here is exactly what she said:

"OMFG this **** rules. Did you have to kill anyone to save this for me?"

:lol:

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Despite my enthusiastic agreement with your wife I believe the answer to your first question is it probobly wont. He's just been TOO impressive as a back up. And unless he's willing to take considerably less cash to stay he will likely score a respectable starter's contract when his current one runs out.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    He is gone as soon as he hits UFA. Someone might even pony up the jack this year when he is a RFA. If he keeps this up, forfeiting a first rounder for him looks like a no brainer to me if I am any but a select few clubs.

There is no way that he will be with the team any longer than he has to. Not because he doesn't love it here, but the window of opportunity is small in the NFL, especially for RB's. He needs to get paid while he can, and the only way to do that is by being a feature back. The dude is going to get paid when he comes available. Like I said, I won't be shocked if someone makes us make this decision this offseason in RFA by signing him to an offer sheet.

6. anger management

anger management Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I agree with EC. He's gone at the first opportunity. Let's just hope that we get at least a first rounder for him.

:bolt:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm of the opinion that we'll get a high to mid #1 or a #2 + awesome player for him.

Good news for all of us, when he does get dealt (and he will, he's just too got to be #2), AJ will be victorious.

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Gone by the trade deadline possibly??:icon_shrug:

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Guess I shoulda said summpm nice about my boi, but y'all did that quite nicely!!:icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes:

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Naw, I think AJ knows how good a #2 RB he is in spelling LT for a few minutes, especially when we are considerably ahead.

My guess is that AJ offers him a nice deal in the offseason to remain the "backup" RB.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    No way can we let him go this year, i'm talking next season, sign and trade in the offseason since he's a RFA.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Ladanian isn't getting any younger. So I'd have to guess the chargers will do their utmost to hang onto turner. With him getting more time he may want to stay on the team. Alot will depend on the price he'll ask for I'm guessing.

As we know. He's the perfect compliment to ladanain. Speed and power. With ladanians shiftyness and speed. WE need both of them. I'd have to guess the chargers are thinking the same thing.

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    RFA means he can take offers from other clubs. If someone wants him bad enough this year, he's gone. We'll get the opportunity to match any offer, but if someone signs him to huge deal, AJ will take the first round pick as compensation and address backup RB in the draft. Bank it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    definetely
    we are going to put the highest tender possible on him and yet they might still have offers from teams that need a real running back (GB/HOU/NYJ)
    I'd love to keep him long term but there's no question he deserves the chance to play full time

15. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    Agree with all. Turner is a stud and is a blue chip player who can name his price. I'd love for us to keep him and use him the way we did yesterday. That of course is wishful thinking. If we trade him, let's make sure it is not within the division or else we are in for some serious headaches.:frightened:

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200

I like the idea of two good running backs splitting time. Ladanian the last couple of years would wear out at the end of games and end of season. And he's as healthy as they come. Its looking like marty is trying to give ladanian more breathers this year. And it really seems to be working so far.

The good thing with turner is he's a power back with great speed. Its a great change up in a way the team could attack via the run with ladainians shifty speed way of running.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We're all in agreement that having Turner is a luxury that we all value very much, but also one we may not be able to afford much longer, but if possible, what would it take to keep him?

I think AJ should resign him immediately.

18. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Turner blows my mind.. I've never seen another player run over so many others.. it seems that he really does not want to go down and does not give up.

I'd like to see us using him more when LT is running into piles..

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    2 words:

SPLIT.

BACKS.

Make it happen Cam.