1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Turner Replacement?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sd-local, Apr 4, 2008.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If he is there in the fifth round he'd be good value. We need a RT first or a guard.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I agree!!

4. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    I think they need to look for a good back up and eventual replacement for Jamal Williams, He's not getting any younger.:jamal76:

5. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    I mean don't get me wrong I love Jamal but he had knee problems off and on all season last year and he is key to stopping the run . we need to develop a good back up.:icon_shrug:

6. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree a DT is a major priority, Jamal is a stud but is slowed by injuries...IMO. Go Bolts!!!

7. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I Just Have To Disagree....

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Stewart can't possibly fall that far. If he does it means he's attached to some as yet unpublicized disaster uncovered by illegal government wire tapping. We're in a position to draft the best lineman available in the first round, either side of the ball. If AJ has identified an Offensive Tackle that he thinks will be available lower down he's likely to pick a Nose or Defensive end. If not, then I think he needs to pick up the RT. If Otah or Cherilus are available along with Balmer, then it's like Sophie's Choice. AJ will have a better read than us about guys like Erik Robertson or Tony Pape. He will also be fully informed, unlike us among the great unwashed, about the health of Williams. I go with the O Lineman, since that appears to be where we are thinnest and the talent best matches our needs. Whoever he drafts, we will need to Charter a large bus to deliver all the O Lineman we will acquire as UFDA's.

• Like Like x 1
  9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Yep I noticed him as well. NOw if we only had a 4th rounder.

I'm sure A.j. realizes where certain quality players will possibly fall and will try as best he can to get a pick in a round we can land some of these guys. Next question is how. Got to think right now a trade down is the best format. I wouldn't rule out trying to trade a wr or linlinbacker (which we are stacked with now) to land a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    This is why we need a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

As it looks now. A trade down of the 1st rounder looks like its the best possibilty if possible. Alot depends on if some very good player is sitting there at 27 or if the chargers could get a player of equal quality with a second rounder. Which is kind of what it looks like now. There are gonna be some really good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. As well as the 4th round.

Looks like after the first 15 to 25 players theres a drop off of quality thats about the same for the 2nd through 4th round.

11. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    What happened to all the Steven Alexander talk hehe.