1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Vick Says He Deserved To Lose $130 Million

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Aug 16, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    [​IMG]

In his first interview since being released from federal prison and conditionally reinstated in the NFL Sunday night on 60 Minutes with CBS commentator James Brown, former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick admitted he didn’t stand up to his peers, talked about disappointing team owner Arthur Blank, and said he’d earned his fall from grace. “I deserved to lose the $130 million,” Vick said. “Why would a guy who was making a $130 million ... on the flip side ... killing dogs ... he don’t deserve it.” But Sunday’s interview, recorded last Monday, showed a Vick who appeared a bit vulnerable at Brown’s questions. “Do you understand why people are outraged?” Brown asked. “I understand why,” Vick replied. “And I’m going to say it again. Sickens me to my stomach. And it was, you know, the same thing that I’m feeling right now ... When I was in prison. I was disgusted, you know, because of what I let happen to those animals ... I could’ve put a stop to it, I could’ve walked away from it. I could’ve shut down the whole operation.”

Source: Atlanta Journal Constitution

• Like Like x 1
  2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    wow. Vick taking some responsibility. I want to watch that interview. I hope he really feels it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    No reason not to give him a second chance.. He's certainly paid his dues and done his time. Now he's ready for some :football:

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    No shiit

How much did CBS pay Mr. Vick for that interview

:icon_shrug:

5. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I hope he sheds a tear for affect

:tdown:

6. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I don't think 60 minutes pays for interviews.

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Anyone who didn't watch the interview: James Brown DID NOT throw up any softball questions. He went after it and pinned Vick down on his answers.

I was totally skeptical. Thought it would be a really soft interview with Vick's team of lawyers, image consultants and the like preparing answers for him. This was clearly not the case.

The clincher for me: the president of the Human Society enlisting Vick. He essentially said if Vick keeps getting beaten up over the dog fighting issue, then they'll NEVER get it stopped.

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I saw the same thing you did. :yes:

I'm glad I watched it.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He's just sorry he was caught. That's All!!!

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    He is in a unique position to do some real good on a lot of animal welfare issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I've watched every interview and press conference concerning this person and his horrific act of cruelty. I'm a proud sponsor of both the ASPCA, the Humane Society and have been for years. Accepting his apology, his explainations are very difficult for me. Is B4L right? Is he only feeling sorry because he got caught? Sadly that may indeed be the case. What I tried to do however was take in EVERYTHING I heard from the people most strongly involved....aside from Vick himself. I'm talking about the President of the Humane Society, Tony Dungy, Roger Goodell and Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie. Lurie had to be convinced that Vick would actually be filled with exteme self-hate over what he had done to these defenseless animals. He had to be assured that Vick would in some way make up for his cruelty by helping to save future animals from similar fates by speaking to youth groups who were brought up viewing dog fighting as a viable source of intertainment. Anything short of that and his signing Vick, in his own words, was a HUGE mistake!

I'm still skeptical...but I'm hoping that what these men see in the new Mike Vick is genuine. He is capable of helping to save many more dogs than he harmed by using his name, his own life story to try and educate a lot of sick people headed down the same path. I'll never truly forgive him or forget how he treated those animals but in all honesty, he can try and do a lot of good. We'll see :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    So once guilty, always guilty in your mind?

Vick hasn't proven anything yet. He has aligned himself with good people and good intentions. And we all know where the road to good intentions leads, or could lead.

He doesn't get a pass from me yet. I just thought the interview was candid and not staged. Did you even watch it?

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You're a sad excuse.

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    So, do you guys think he'd still be fighting and killing dogs TODAY if he was never busted?

I do.

15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Absolutly!

16. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I do also but at the same time since he got caught and did some time and took all the heat for it maybe he realized this isn't the way most of the country doesn't see this as normal recreation. Hope he has found out that hanging with the boyz in da hood isn't the way to fly and straighten his life out. Young, dumb with to much money hope he gets it together man is a hell of an athlete

• Like Like x 1
  17. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I read a article today (to drunk to post it) that talked about how (inadvertently) the felon vick has changed the dog fighting industry. It talked about how the people involved in the sport have gotten smarter because of the felon vick. Gone underground even more than before

so I say

FU VICK, you get your life back (don't believe the bullshiit about him losing everything), and now animal abuse is going to be even harder to detect and prevent.

:tdown:

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    And I deserve To fine $130 Million... :icon_toast:

19. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_huh:

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Because of my good good looks... :lol:

21. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Vick deserves all the penalties he has received. With that said, he has and is still paying his dues…and should be allowed to play…but not for the Chargers!

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yup. If he never got caught, he would have stopped due to the goodness of his heart. How naive are you?

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well he did his time and he hasn't done it again (so far).

But I think RTL said it best... "he'd still be fighting and killing dogs TODAY if he was never busted?" I believe! :yes:

24. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    He was caught, He was fined big time. He did jail time. He's no longer participating in fighting and torturing of dogs. He's been reinstated by the NFL... He's been drafted by the Eagles.

25. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I watched it. It seemed very oddly edited, unlike most interviews. I don't remember a shot of JB and Vick at once. It was the camera cutting to JB, then cutting to Vick answering the question. I'm not saying it was totally fake or anything, but it inspires suspicion in my mind. Usually you get some over the shoulder shot or something, but I don't remember seeing any until they interviewed Dungy and the Humane Society guy.

Especially when JB was asking the "hardball" questions. Kind of weird.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just naive to think that people can change. Maybe one day you'll do something ****ed up & need a second chance. Maybe someone like Vick will keep their foot on your throat.

I value your opinion about as much as I value crap on my shoe, got it?

27. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    You defending that POS reminds me of the movie "A few good men" when they ask "why do you hete them so much? why do you like them so much...?"

I know why I hate him so much, he can't undo what he did, hopefully he'll spend the rest of his life trying to make up for it, but I'll never like te guy.

Why do you defend him?

I don't try to say "maybe one day you'll make a mistake..." don't compare mi to that criminal, the mistakes I make involve forgetting to pay the phone bill on time not killing and torturing animals for years

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

He changed because he has to... he has NO choice!

If he stopped with killing dogs and fighting them on his own before he was caught, that would be a different story, but that's not what happened.

Second chance... tell that to someone with a felony that can't even get a job at a warehouse.
    If you or I did what he did, we'd still be in jail today and would have absolutely nothing when we got out.

Are you always this oversensitive?

29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm a Tech fan, a Virginian, & a native of the area. I met him through a good friend who was doing some work on the house in Surry, my home county. I was proud as hell that a VT player was drafted #1 overall.

Am I disappointed as hell in him? Bet your *** - in many ways more than some of you will ever understand. I've owned pits & rotties a good portion of my life so that hurt me to the core as well.

I guess for the reasons listed above I want to see him get his life back together. Shoot me.

I've stated my reasons before. That's the last time. I'm going to support his attempt to get his life back on track. If he blows it again, I'll never speak his name again & I'll eat all of the crap that gets thrown my way. Until then, I give a flying phuck whether any of you like my position or not.

Hope that clears it up for everyone.

30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    We can over analyze this all we want. Fact is. He did admit his guilt. He's apologized and asked for a second chance. He's paid huge fines, served jail time and is no longer involved in the activity.

That's enough for me, at least with respect to his reinstatement into the NFL. If the NFL is fine with him returning to the field, so am I..