1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Aguirre is at it again

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Nov 20, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    On whose behalf is he trying to sue? And who cares?

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    What the **** is that dude's problem?

He's like the ******* kid who doesn't get invited to the party so he calls the cops to have them bust it up because he's butthurt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    On behalf of himself, it doesn't matter. His lawsuits against Petco park, ended up costing the city an extra $100 mil in construction and legal costs, and now he is going to do the same for a football stadium. His one and only plan, is to drive the Chargers out of town just like he tried with the Padres

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I just tried to read that article. I have no frigging clue what it all means.

6. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Dudes a cockholster.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The city had to get approval from the state to raise the cap on the redevelopment funds. These funds are needed for any more redevelopment that is planned downtown, including a new stadium. He is suing to get the cap dropped back down to the level it was prior to being raised. If he succeeds, the cap will be dropped, and the chance of getting a new stadium in SD will be eliminated.

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    This dude needs to find some real work, maybe go north and work for Al "Grandpa" Davis...

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Stupid is as Stupid does. Mike Aguirre just needs to get out of San Diego and go to Alaska and mess things up there. Leave SD Alone Aguirre you Douchebag TOOL!!!!!

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    heh hehe heh YEA!

Shut Up! Beavis.

11. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    There is not many people I abhor, but Aguirre is one of them.
    He is one of the big reasons things don't get done in San Diego.
    He loves to waste money.
    He loves to waste time.
    He is an azzclown.
    I want to exile him to LA.

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    When you say LA, do you mean Los Angeles OR Louisiana?

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    3k each way for me whether they're in San Diego or Los Angeles. I care not.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    but I think he could do wonders in your neck of the woods!

15. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    He needs to be taken on a one way fishing trip to Mexico...

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I got room for the Chargers .... not another arsehole! :)

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Most of you love to hate for hates sake without even knowing the issues.

It appears anyone who takes a position that Alex Spanos should not get public subsidies for free is an enemy. Bruce Henderson is needed to keep the burrito king in check otherwise; fans would grab ankles and give it up for free.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's really sad to see the state of San Diego from afar. To think y'all keep voting in idiot's but then allow them to dictate what can and can't be done even after being voted out is sickening. It's bad enough the Bolt's may be gone, the team I grew up and learned about football with but the sad shape of the city by poor selection of the governing body.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    In the State of California someone who files frivilous lawsuits can be labeled a vexatious litigant. The law protects citizens who have faced multiple lawsuits for the same thing within a certain timeframe. It is not double jeopardy.

The vexatious litigant rule is 5 unsucessful lawsuits in a 7 year period for essentially the same thing or to harass. These types of lawsuits carry penalties. Attorneys can be disbarred from practicing law if they are vexatious in their filings. Citizens labeled as vexatious litigants can be black labeled in all the court systems in the State of California. The courts keep a vexatious litigant "black list" of individuals who have to meet certain requirements such as retention of an attorney and bonding prior to filing a lawsuit. This means joe average citizen who had the right (past tense) to file lawsuits as an individual will now need an attorney which means they have to pay money instead of just filing lawsuits in pro per or without legal representation.

The above is not to be construed as legal advise and only to be construed as advise from the school of hard knocks.

20. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Sure would be weird to have two asssholes. I wonder if you would poop through both at the same time or if they would alternate. It's something to ponder...you know...
    I bet that would be a funny lookin' toilet.

Oh wait...you mean where you live...not personally...

21. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94

And Mr. Aguirre hasn't crossed that threshold?

Unbelievable, almost. I'm sure he's quite aware of it and keeps track.

I agree that there should be checks and balances so tax payer funds are not abused, but this man has cost the city millions. So what then becomes the difference?

He's money wasting gadfly.

22. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I don't think he really gives a crap about the lawsuit itself.

He lies in wait, until another chance to file a MAJOR lawsuit(s) comes along.
    Then files lawsuits on the premise that he is filing "on behalf of the good citizens of San Diego".
    I am sure he is making all the lawyers drool again. They make loads of $$$ on this.
    I call B.S.
    He's just a power-mongering attention whore.

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Uhhh, the fact that he gets nothing for free, helps. The stadium would be onwed by the City of San Diego, and leased out to the Chargers. The Chargers would be paying rent for use of the stadium, to which the city will use to pay off the stadium. Nothing is free for the chargers

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The lawsuits that he and Henderson filed, which delayed Petco park for 18 months, were estimated to add an extra $100mil onto the Stadium cost, which the city had to pay. Same thing will probably happen with a new stadium in SD, the Chargers will probably get tired of waiting nad head off to LT, and Aguirre will have accomplished his mission.

That is the inner Nostradamus in me

25. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    That is really pathetic and it's too bad that the good citizens of San Diego don't rise up en masse to tell him to stop filing frivolous law suits that cost them millions. Whether one cares or not about a new stadium, every tax payer should be worn out with his childish and expensive antics.

I hold out hope that the Chargers will hang in there like the Padres did. I really thought at one point they would shine San Diego and just leave too.

Of course, I'm a happy clappy, grasping at the dimmest rays of hope kind of person. :D

What have they got against professional sports? Picked last for kick ball or something? Teams pump millions of dollars into the economy of San Diego. At this time, it's particularly stoopid (sic) to send them packing.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :p I suppose I could alternate ....

27. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    hey, get rid of your garbage in your own country :icon_tease:

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    He has not crossed the threshold. If he would have crossed that line, the Chargers would have most likely filed a vexatious litigant civil suit.

29. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    I was expressing amazement that with his record, Aguirre had not crossed the line. I'm sure he's very careful not to file his suits too often.

30. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I just returned to SD and am in the dark on this Aguirre dude. What's he got going. Has any of this money gone to him? Sounds like a scam artist paper pusher.