1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Cameron suspended 25 games for positive test

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by WonderSlug, Oct 31, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21561742/

Click on link for complete article.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We just need to drop Cameron and pick up someone like Tori Hunter.

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Cameron broke the stroy himself on 1090 this morning. It was not steriod related, but had something to do with a supplement he was taking. He takes full responsibilty for it as well. He said he and others have been doing research of items he has taken since his collision to find what hit positive but he couldn't find what it was.

He sounded genuine for what it's worth.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    The Season is over 25 Weeks long, cant he just take every Monday Off?

5. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Not that it makes a difference, but when Cameron says it was an accident, I believe him.

Really though, to get paid as much money as pro athletes do, they should be a whole lot more careful with the supplements they take, accident or not you make your bed, SLEEP IN IT!

the oops I didn't know angle got old quick as it should, these athletes play with fire, and get burned. To bad, so sad, cam is out for 25 games and can suit up elsewhere after that. Granted I liked some of what he did for our squad and wish him the best but see YA those funds can be better used for the club.

Rumors are flying about the dodgers getting torre, and some other heat prehaps AROD, for once I would like to see the Padres make a big commitment to winning and picking up a big name (hunter or jones), if not we will be battling for the NL west and nothing more as usual.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    The Pads do not have the pocket book to sign Hunter. I would love to see him with the pads, but it is a pipe dream.

Yankees will be looking at him, I am sure.

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Selig and his cronies are a bunch of fucing asshats. This is such a joke. :tdown:

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I think the positive test was for amphetamines.

And I am beginning to think this "tainted supplement" argument is beginning to be overused.

Why not just save a sample of the supplement when you open the canister/bottle so that it can be tested should you test positive?

If it's a powder, take a couple of tablespoons and put it in a ziploc baggie. Same if they are tablets. Take 3 or 4 tablets and put them in a ziploc bag.

Write the date and supplement name on the baggie with a Sharpie and store it away. If you test positive in the next month or so, give this baggie to the commish for testing.