1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Goff leads silently into his 10th season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    as long as he does a good job:tup: :tup: then i'm not bothered

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    After Shane Olivea, this dude is next on my **** list. Goff is just barely adequate. The dude is too slow for starters. Can we win the Super Bowl with him ? Yeah but I want someone better. Much better. Like Dielman better.

Give me a clone of Marcus McNeil at right tackle and a Center who is not biitched slapped around and a back-up O-Lineman who can play tackle or guard and is pushing the starters to get a shot.....give me all that and I am a very very happy Chargers fan. Very happy indeed.

Oh and someone to spell Jamal Wiliams who is worth a phuck.

Now I am happy.

4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Goff sucks.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Awesome idea, but so is the cap space, considering the value of our unsigned draftees. Faneca would be a coup de grace, but can we lure him with the San Diego discount? Just how much would he sacrifice to play next to McNeil, Dielman and Hardwick? Excuse me, I have to clean my keyboard.

:drool:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I think Olivea would make a better guard then a RT but I agree man. Goff is as solid as they come but you can always do bette.r That's what i want too but for now, until an outstanding RG makes himself apparent, i'll stay with Goff

or until we can get a better right tackle (paging Mr. Lekkerkerker)

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    NO.

Not in a million years.

What you are saying is standard PARROTING..... "Olivea is better suited at Guard"

That is Bullshit.

Olivea is not a Guard.

To be a Guard, you need to MOVE YOUR *** and Shane Olivea on a pulling play would be like watching Old People FUC.

Get the picture ?

8. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    This is another area where your player eval skills are lower than the turd flies on the bottom of foober's outhouse hole.

Olivea would rock as an OG.

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl: - sure ... I will have my stop watch out, no check that, hour glass out, looking for Olivea to show up on a sweep or screen.

Olivea needs to be shipped the fuc out of dodge - yesterday.

The 7th Round stubby armed wonder of the world is just that .....

10. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

Olivea gets downfield and makes blocks. What are you watching?

He'll make a great OG when they find someone competent for RT.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Olivea gets downfield and makes blocks ???

Whiffing on his assignments is not downfield blocking.

If Olivea is not defending at the point of attack, his downfield blocking skills do not mean dick.

12. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Seriously .... you ain't watching him.

He's made tons of downfield blocks, Goff is the one who can't knock a feather over downfield. Olivea's short arms are a problem vs speed rushers in pass protection but other than that, he's doing a fine job - and would be a VERY good right guard. He has more mobility than Goff and HE DOES FINISH blocks at the second level.

You're too busy watching Hart's *** wiggle while the offense is on the field. Maybe you should lose some man-love for the scrubs and re-focus on players that are doing their jobs.

***. :lol:

13. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    If he's still adrift with Pittsburg we have nothing to lose by making a run at him. If nobody else hasn't picked him up with an offer that would work in the cap space , as much as a lot of teams have a need (like KC, Oakland and Miami), then we might be able to get a cap friendly deal. One of our draft priorities next year is the OL, so maybe we give them a draft choice if we can get a deal. We need enough cap room for the rest of the core players like Cro, Rivers and Merriman when they come due and the current crop. It's all in the numbers, and I haven't seen what Faneca wants. He's already with a contender. The Chargers have three really good, even great, linemen and two others who do more than take up space. Looking around the league others are in the same boat, because linemen are where they look to trim salaries most often it seems. Odds are long that we could both pry him loose and pay him what he wants.

14. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't think Faneca played all that great last year. In fact, I think his pro bowl selection was purely based on his past. He's a guy in decline, not a guy in his prime.

As much as I'd love to see Goff's position upgraded, Faneca isn't the answer, and is going to be WAY TOO expensive. Let him go to some dumbass team like Arizona that will overpay for a guy who just wants to get paid.

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Goff is fine, if he were O-Line depth. As a starter. :no:

16. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Not nice.:no:

17. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm nice .... in person. [​IMG]

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Aye, there's the rub. If he twists in the wind long enough maybe that will change.

:icon_shrug:

19. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I'll soon be the judge of that.:yes: :lol:

20. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Yes, yes he is.:yes:

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Maybe he should be the team chef ..... that would be his more natural position.

22. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Shammy, the resident cow hugger and all-around Answer Man.:icon_tease:

23. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I'm not all that dissatisfied with Goff. Are there better guys out there? Yep. The problem is no team in the league can afford to have all pros at every OL position without stripping the rest of their roster. You have guys that anchor the line and win the key battles up front, like McNeil, Dielman and Hardwick. The others bring their lunch pails and get the job done. I don't think you can have any chumps on the roster and go 14-2. Getting Faneca on an affordable contract would create some serious depth and upgrade the right side of the line, but but I'm not ready to sacrifice too much cap space to do it. Actually, I'm more eager to see how the Illustrated Man does, now that I think about it.

24. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    1. Faneca's play dropped off last year.

2. The Steelers will want big compensation for him. Minimum of a 2nd round pick, but Pittsburgh will probably demand (and not get) a 1st round pick to acquire Faneca.

3. Faneca wants a contract in line with what Hutchinson (and a bunch of guards this offseason) got. 7 years $49 million.

Faneca's base salary for 2007 is $ 3,375,000. That, in itself, is not an "affordable contract" and he's going to want a major signing bonus to go along with up upgrade in base salary.

AJ isn't going to trade for Faneca.

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The Chargers are satisfied with the OLine as is, and as much as y'all bag on Goff and Olivea, and to some extent Hardwick, they'll be the starters come Opening Day.

So y'all should want/hope in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fill up the quickest!!

:yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jes gotta bring your own chips and dip!! :icon_eek: :yes: :icon_sad: :tdown: