1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Goff says "Shame on you...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BFISA, Jan 21, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    ...for criticizing LT..." for not being the cheerleader fans think he shoulda been, courtesy of the Scott & BR show.

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    leaders always bring something to the "game", even if they can't be on point - wouldn't you say...

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I would, but there are others that have lost respect for LT, and still others "waiting to pass judgement".

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Of course Goff is going to have his back. I would expect nothing less.

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    There are some who believe the team has lost respect for LT; call me myopic, but thats a scenario I jes can't see.

6. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I bet you after these comments LT is going to demand a trade after this season.

7. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I'd be thoroughly disappointed if LT turned into Kobe.

That is a definite NO NO!

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Those posters can just leave imo. Go over to Chargers.com and ***** and moan about it. Some of you say LT is a wuss for not playing even though he couldn't push off when he cuts? (which btw, is one of the reasons LT is great RB) and now he's not supporting his team because he's not like "T.O" being a "Cheerleader" coming off the bench? (why would you come off the bench when it's freezing cold and the seats are heated anyway?) Come on people, you need to look somewhere else if you're going to blame someone for this loss. How about the run defense in the 4th quarter? Goff and Canepa are totally right. To criticize LT for not playing is just plain bad speculation. I can't believe I have to even defend LT at this point....:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Wrong,... at least for me, this has NOTHING to do with blaming LT for the loss... there were plenty of players that contributed to that (mostly on the Pats team)... I'm saddened but not resentful that we loss... hell, we played in the Championship game - that's a great achievement...

It's been said this is LT's team, well, where was he... come on man, leaders have to bring something... I'm done...

10. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    This kind of stuff is embarassing.

I'm embarassed that this is even a conversation. Flat out embarassed that other teams' fans are going to come to OUR boards and read some of this tripe. Embarassed that this is now on the radio and will likely be on ESPN before the week is out.

But most of all, I'm embarassed that LT himself is going to have to read it.

For fuc's sake, people. He's the greatest Charger who ever lived.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm flattered that my quote is being used by BFISA :lol:

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I call bullshit. Had we won, not a single person would be questioning LT.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Doesn't surprise me a bit.

14. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    back attcha....

15. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahha yah he is his teammate, what do we expect him to say that he is dissapointed too? lol

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm embarrassed with this criticism of ladanian. Some fans just haven't a clue with this rediculous criticism. Just embarrassing.

HOpefully these fans will sit back and think it out what was going on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I find it funny that a universally respected guy who has dedicated his life to bringing a championship to SD is having his conduct questioned. Nobody wants a ring more than LT.

18. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I find it sad...

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just read a Sporting News report that they suggest that norv lied about LT on the injury report and he was really hurt much worse than he let on before the game. Supposedly this was to keep the Pats from preparing for Turner.

Sounds like conjecture that might be true, but I doubt we'll ever know for certain. I bring this up because I thought it belonged in any conversation about LT and this game.

Here's the link: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=340239

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    foobs always speaks the truth. :tup:

I agree with you man. It is embarrassing as well that any Chargers fans are questioning LT. I sincerely believe that if he could go, he would have. I suspect it's mostly the bandwagon fans that claim they've lost respect for LT.

I know it's very soon after the lose, hopefully after a bit more time some of these fans will re-evaluate their criticisms of LT.

21. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I feel the same way. It just struck me that now we'll have to listen to this crap all week and LT has to go through more misery than he's already feeling. Nice going, you dumb-as s "Charger fans".

It's easy to see who the real fans are. I'm starting to think that the ones critical of LT are also mostly those people who want everyone else to buy the tickets so they can watch the game for free at home. It's all becoming clear now......

Is there a board where we can just have the sane, knowledgeable and loyal posters?

• Like Like x 1
  22. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That too.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I'll never question LT's heart for this team or football. Never. That's just something you can't switch 'on' and 'off'. LT has an injury. Would it have been better if he just stayed in the locker room? No. He may have not been a cheerleader on the sidelines. But he was still there.

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Well then can someone please tell me just how bad was LT's knee? Because now all of a sudden there are claims its worse then it was when he and turner both went out and said it was a hyperextension and he could go at the beginning of the week. That's the part that is making this all the more difficult

25. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Chargers were playing games with the injury report all week. They said Rivers would test his knee when he got to the stadium Sunday morning and they'd make a decision about him playing. Then, the Chargers announced Rivers would play before he ever tested his knee. Gates was listed as doubtful for the 2nd straight week, and he played the whole game.

One thing you can't simulate in practice is contact. As soon as LT took a hit, his knee worsened. You never know how an injury is going to hold up to contact until it happens.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Why'n'cha axt yer sources??

• Like Like x 1
  27. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Also, I heard a report on TV, sorry I don't remember which show as I've watched way to much NFL reporting over the last 24 hours, that LT told Norv that he could go in for a few play if really needed, but he wasn't getting his normal burst. The report said that Norv and / or the trainers said no to LT returning.

28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :lol: You get rep for this one.

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thanx!! :icon_toast:

30. Steve

Steve BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    IF LT was out there without eh burst and ability to cut, he is one hit away from having his career ended. He and Norv where smart enough to make the right decision when it would have been really, really easy to do something stupid.

As far as LT not being a cheeleader........ If you need a guy on the sideline cheering and jumping up and down to fire you up in that game you need to check to see if you still have a pair attached. The only guy on the team who can't say that he has played in a bigger game is David Binn (did Neal play on the Titans SB team?) . They are professional players, cheerleading is for HS teams.

• Like Like x 1