1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MIKE IUPATI - OG, Idaho

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by wrbanwal, Feb 4, 2010.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    He has worlds of potential, the only question i have is whether we want that right tackle upgrade now. I don't think he can play LT in the pros

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    would he be an upgrade at RT? If so, he would add depth because he can play guard as well.

4. Shabba

Shabba BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    This kid is a great prospect, could play RT no doubt. If he's there ag 28, it'd be hard to pass on him

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Apparently he's a much better guard than a tackle.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He's a mauler at guard, but he really struggled when they moved him to either tackle in Senior Bowl practice. In fact, he looked much better at LG than RG. And even though he's very good, he can tend to get over-extended & result to holding vs. getting a good initial pop. Fortunately for him that's very coachable.

If we didn't have more pressing needs & he was the BPA at 28, then maybe. I think it's more important that we address the defensive side of the ball first. I see him going to someone like Pittsburgh. He'll fit in well with their mentality & their OL certainly needs the help.