1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike & Mike rip our Bolts for celebrating.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 7, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on ESPN. I don't know what their credibility is (or do I even care). I woke up and turned to them because they were the only channel with playoff highlights at this time.

Anyway... they're comment was "for a team that complained about the Patriots celebrating, they sure do a lot on their own."
    They attacked our defense for celebrating after sacks and a fumble recovery.
    "That guy, Manumaleuna is acting like he won the Super Bowl here. I don't like that."
    "Then look at LT celebrating like crazy when he was the main one complaining about the Patriots last season."

"Well **** & ****... There is a BIG difference between celebrating and belittling your opponent!!!! HUGE!!!!
    If a player on the opposing team is celebrating after making a big play (especially in the playoffs), that's his entitlement and I think he should. AS LONG AS HE CAN DO IT WITHOUT BEING DISRESPECTFUL!!!
    With that being said... If I see any of our players out dancing on the Colts logo after a win next week, as a Chargers fan I would be very disappointed in the actions of our players!!! THAT ACTION IS DISRESPECTFUL AND CLASSLESS!!! Yelling into their locker room after the game is pretty sad too!!!

AND LT MADE THE GAME WINNING PLAY!!! HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO CELEBRATE!!!"

BTW... I love the attitude our team is showing this season!!! :bolt:

2. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    HOLY CRAP THEY'RE STUPID.

We weren't mad at the Pats for celebrating, we were mad that they were being classless douchefags doing the lights-out dance on our logo and all of the other crap they did.

Celebrating your first playoff win in like 14 years, however, is completely different. Mike and Mike can take the collective nutsack of the Chargers and moisten it with their mouths, in my opinion.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:yes:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, I was watching those 2 douchebags this AM for awhile & heard their comment. It's ESPN - they've become the National Enquirer of sports channels, IMO.

Thought both sides handled themselves well yesterday, nothing over the top that I saw. That was the most emotion I think I've ever seen from LT after a TD, but jeez!! the guy just helped his team secure his first playoff victory. Even the roughing the passer on Fat Albert was questionable as to intent.

Another hard fought game that we won without one of our major weapons & another having difficulty. I'll take the W, with class. :tup:

5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Here's a crazy idea.

Every Tuesday Mike and Mike have their "Just Shut Up" award (pretty self-explanatory how it gets awarded). I think you can nominate a recipient on their home page located at: http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike

I think someone should go and nominate them for this week. Any takers?

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The main media hates the chargers. Especially the bristol espn folks. They love thier patsville team though. If you notice they only like east coast teams. They've been putting down the chargers all year. The media also does that a bit to the seahawks.

Most of the big time media are biased ashwipes. :yes:

7. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Exactly..they don't know what we were upset about because they aren't exactly researching the topic before opening their big mouth's..WHAT DOUCHE BAGS

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    mike and mike a retards:tdown:

9. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    Bet they're Raider Fans:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Mike & Mike should leave the Chargers alone.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

DONE!!!!

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

Here is the link if anyone else wants to chime in!!!

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?page=justshutup

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Mike and Mike: Just Shut Up.

Done.

14. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    I heard Rome in his open say something a bit similar. He was directing it mostly at Norv's celebratory dancing saying that the win was nothing to be overly excited about and that Marty didn't even have to play this game last year.

15. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Golic has been a Chargers supporter for the majority of the season, so I'm suprised he said this. I missed the show, I normally watch it.

They just needed something to talk about. I'm sure Rivers got criticized for his INT that was 100% Chambers fault.

ESPN would have preffered the Titans to win, because of Vince Young. He's in commercials, he's popular like Reggie Bush, even though he's not really had great seasons so far, and along with Bush are the most overhyped players in the league for not having accomplished ANYTHING so far in the first 2 years.

Colsten of the Saints should have wom the R.O.T.Y. last year instead of Young.

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I'm sure ESPN, and all the networks would HATE it, if the Super Bowl was 2 west coast teams in the Super Bowl, San Diego vs. Seattle.

That's who I picked for the Super Bowl before the season started.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    They're a national version of Scott and BR

18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't understand why so many are questioning the personal foul on Haynesworth. Jumping across the line is encroachment. Taking both hands and shoving Philip to the ground while he's still under center is a personal foul. Watch the replay. Haynesworth didn't just bump into Philip. He took both hands and shoved him to the ground. That's a personal foul.

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Agree, pretty obvious. And, even if it was a questionable call the refs have to toss their hankies if they wanted to keep control of the emotions of the moment.

20. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It is just a reflection of how little they have seen the Chargers play. They have been doing these things all year.

21. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well, to be honest, I am sick of seeing them celebrate after almost every play. It seems like every player has some dance/jig/gimmick routine. Seriously, we got guys with backflips, bowling, Shawne's thing, and now Castillo is out there doing the iggy shuffle or something. It would be nice if they'd just play hard and not worry about emulating Deion. Maybe it's just me, but this Charger team seems to have a pretty big ego at times.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Went to the link and didn't spot the Just Shut Up part.

PS Found it. Did it. Left some snark, too.

23. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Yup. Even the Titans fans agree.

24. Colsrob

Colsrob BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
  25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Questionable my ***. There were more flags thrown on that penalty than any other. Even the Line Judge that called him Off Sides threw his freaking hat. I was raining yellow flags on that play.

That was a no brainer call. Unabated to the QB, you can never pop them like that.

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Mentioned Seattle to the owner of the corner store and there was a guy from Seattle at counter, gave a smile and an enthusiastic nod on the way out of the store. Love to that old rivalry one more time.

27. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848
    Mike and Mike: Just shut up about the Chargers..you don't know anything about why we as charger fans were upset about the Patsies..RESEARCH THE TOPIC FIRST

28. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    i concur.

29. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The haters are out in force. All the media pundits who have the Manning's nutsack planted firmly in their mouth, hate our team for daring to win a playoff game. They're trying to portray us as a villain folks. The media will always try to do this to one or two teams come playoff time. My advice, fuc them all. They could care less about us all year, and they're just trying to appeal to the east coast in their shows/articles now. When we were 1-15, everyone loved us. Now that we can get to the playoffs two years in a row, everyone hates us. FUC THEM ALL!

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I like all of that. To me it just shows that they're excited about this team!!!

Now if they get to the point of being buffoons, then I'll agree with you.
    If I see about 4-5 Chad Johnson's on the field, then I'll say something about the antics!!!