1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Pereria on Gate PI

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Comment From Fred, La Jolla Fred, La Jolla : ] The Antonio Gates TD last night was called back from offensive PI, it was an absolute egregious call? Am I wrong?

Responce

1:26
    You are wrong. I wouldn't call it egregious but I think that calling nothing would have been better. He does push off but the defender that grabs the arm to stay in the play. I would have called nothing if I had the luxury of seeing replays before I made the decision.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He also commented on the Gregory foul

Comment From Sammy Sammy : ] Chargers safety Steve Gregory on that spearing call -- you have any thoughts?

Tuesday November 1, 2011 1:16 Sammy

1:18

I, too am getting a lttle tired of this but it is the nature of today's game. It really is not a foul but the officials are told to call these even if they are questionable. They League continues to try to get players to lower their target area. I actually do think it is working but you will continue to see more questionable hits and calls like this.

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    LOL at 'Chucky'

Comment From Cliff Cliff : ] I think Jon Gruden should be required to ref a game and then be judged on his decisions. He roasted the refs all game long. He basically didn't want any calls at all. But of course, that can't be the standard. What do you think the next ref calls in sick, Jon should be a standin ref.

Tuesday November 1, 2011 1:30 Cliff

1:32
    He wouldn't last a quarter and besides that, it would be a one man crew. No self-respecting official would ever step on the field with him on their crew.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Those were two complete BS calls

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Total pussificaton is "NFL Policy." Get used to it.

6. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    One bad thing about flagging every defender who nails a ballcarrier high, is that it will cause some defenders to go low when making those jarring hits, and that could seriously injure the ballcarrier, especially if one leg happens to be planted on the ground when the hit is made.

The exact policy that is designed to protect players, could end up causing some of them to be grotesquely injured.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yup. Thanks Goodell.
    You just keep working on that expansion to London, mmmmkay?