1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Military Uniform Vs Cap and Gown

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, May 31, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Military Uniform Vs Cap and Gown
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is going on at my son's school right now. Two high school seniors don't WANT to wear a cap and gown. They want to keep their military uniforms on for the whole ceremony. Should they be allowed to? Thoughts? Do you think it's a fair compromise? It's all over the local news here now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

When I graduated from college, I was also commissioned a 2LT in the Army on the same weekend. All of us in my ROTC class wore our uniforms under our cap and gown.

The cap and gown should be worn.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I ain't gotta dog in this fight, 'cept the bit about honoring these kids for their military achievments...I'm glad they've chosen to serve our country, but at this point in their "careers", they really ain't done nuthin :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    In the spirit of school tradition, they should just put the cap and gown on over their uniforms. There will be plenty of opportunity to wear the uniforms during their service to our country.

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Formality is overrated

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Honor the school who educated you. Wear the uniform underneath if you want, but pay respect to your alma mater first. :flag: