1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Camp BoltTalk tailgater

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ok guys, who is bringing what, and what type of homebrew do you want?

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    are you just a pinch EARLY...:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    i think i can come but we're coming up into finals week so i don't know if its the best idea

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Bisher's - Prime Carne and Pollo Asada. 3lbs. each.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Slim Jims and PBR for everyone!

6. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Man I want some of that Red Ale you were talking about back on St Pats!:clover: :clap:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Grand daddy purple and ........ :nana_rasta: :rockout: :nana_dance: :icon_party:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Mini Camp? Where's the draft day party?

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Ant and I are going to the Double XX draft party @ the Hall of Champions (that is if it's going on).

Mini Camp Tailgater I'll bring whatever, maybe I'll make a dash to El Centro and pick up some carne/pollo asada.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Red Ale it is!

I will bring three or four dozen!

• Like Like x 1
  11. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    that should cover YOU... :icon_toast:

ps: don't forget the Trash Truck driver...:yes:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Good point!

Who is the trash truckdriver?:icon_shrug:

13. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    he's the guy that stops by every year, even when you don't.... :icon_rofl:

14. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    huh? so where is the party going to be so I can crash it! or bless it haha however you want to look at it.:icon_toast:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Fans fill Chargers Park for mini camp

By 6 a.m. Saturday morning, a group of Bolts fans had gathered in front of Chargers Park and fired up the grill for a little tailgating prior to mini camp.

“We can’t wait to see Philip Rivers in action and support our Chargers,” said Tony “Trumpet Man” Reyes, the ringleader of the group. “We’re all hungry for some football and we’ve got a great day for it.”
    (BoltTalk represented)

By 8 a.m., the curbs along Murphy Canyon road had filled as fans began pouring in to get their first look at the 2006 Chargers, and by the time Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer led his team onto the field for their 10 a.m. practice, their first of two workouts Saturday, the bleachers beside the practice field were full and fans lined the fences to cheer on their Chargers.

“We got here about 8:00 to make sure we got the best seat in the house,” said David Gallegos, who stood at the 50-yard line throughout the morning practice. “I just can’t get enough football. I couldn’t wait to see Antonio Cromartie work and watch Rivers throw it around. I thought they had a good practice.”

Roughly 3,000 fans watched as the Chargers participated in their first practice in front of the fans. The Chargers faithful were treated to a spirited practice filled with big plays from both sides of the football.

“We all try to put on a show when the fans come out,” cornerback Quentin Jammer said. “It creates some good, healthy competition. Having the fans here definitely makes it a more fun atmosphere for us. We got some good work done this morning and had a great energy level. The fans were a big reason why the energy was so high.”

One of the more exciting drills of the morning was the one-on-one passing drills that brought several highlights. Wide receiver Malcom Floyd used his 6-5 frame to make a pair of fancy grabs in the back of the end zone on fade patterns. Wide receiver Keenan McCardell and cornerback Antonio Cromartie also had a pair of spirited battles in which the crafty veteran showed the young rookie a couple of tricks.

During special teams drills, punter Mike Scifres got an opportunity to show off his Pro Bowl-caliber leg as he boomed kicks. Darren Sproles, Eric Parker and rookie Cletus Gordon took turns fielding the punts. Linebacker and special teams ace Matt Wilhelm closed the drill by pressuring Scifres from the middle and causing him to pull the ball down.

Rivers had another impressive outing as he threaded the needle on several occasions. The third-year signal caller saw few balls hit the ground Saturday morning. He opened team drills by delivering a strike to wide receiver Kassim Osgood through a tight window. Later in practice, Osgood hauled in a touchdown pass from quarterback A.J. Feeley.

At the conclusion of practice, the Chargers showed their appreciation to the fans for coming out by signing autographs.

“It’s just tremendous the way this community embraces this team,” Schottenheimer said. “We have great fans and we’re appreciative of the way they show up and support.”

Edwards excused

Linebacker Donnie Edwards was excused from Saturday’s practice so that he could attend his brother’s wedding.

“I always tell my players that their priorities should be God, family and football, in that order,” Schottenheimer said.

Edwards did work with his teammates on Friday and has been a regular throughout the offseason program.

Jackson takes it easy

Wide receiver Vincent Jackson practiced Friday afternoon despite aggravating a quadriceps muscle in the morning practice. He mostly observed Saturday morning as his teammates worked. Schottenheimer said it was simply a precautionary measure and the team is not overly concerned about the situation.

Defensive tackle Jamal Williams (knee), safety Bhawoh Jue (knee, shoulder) and offensive tackle Roman Oben also sat out of Saturday’s practice and will not participate in drills while they continue to heal. Guard Mike Goff was also absent so that he could attend a family wedding.

NFL Network on hand

An NFL Films crew was on hand at Chargers Park Saturday to film a series of promotional spots to promote NFL training camps. Center Nick Hardwick, kicker Nate Kaeding and linebacker Steve Foley were among a group that participated in comical improvisations that will begin airing in coming weeks.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Can anyone verify that the first mini camp is may 4th?

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I first reported Rivers saying it was here:

http://forums.bolttalk.net/showpost.php?p=209682&postcount=1

That's the first day and will probably be closed to the public. I'm guessing that it will be open to everyone on the 5th & 6th. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Kewel! Who will be ther for the tail gater?

19. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    This is the reason his playoff record SUCKED!!! :icon_evil: :icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    The reason was obvious. It had nothing to do with pioritizing ones life. It had everything to do with Coach Crumble when the heat was on.:icon_eek:

Now we have a three headed monster....Norv, Rivera, and Cotrell. One stumbles, the other two are there to pick the lame one up.:tup:

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Especially Cotrell, now that's a coach that fires people up!

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Back on topic.

Who is showing up for the tailgater at Mini Camp?

May 4th or May 5th.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I will be there. Either I'll be off or I'll be getting off work @ 6am either day.

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I will be at the first camp open for the fans....Saturday I believe.

Same cheese as last year. Show up and get your mind right for the year. :bolt2:

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I should be able to come to saturday for one session

26. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    http://www.chargers.com/news/events/event_20070422.htm

When: May 5-6, 2007
    Where: Chargers Park

Practice Times:

Saturday
    AM Practice* - 10:45-12:30 p.m.
    PM Practice* - 4-6 p.m.

Sunday
    AM Practice* - 11-1 p.m.

Practice on Friday will NOT be open to the public. See you guy on Sat the 5th!!!!

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Cinco de Mayo (a week from this Saturday ...wow):abq2: ..... Viva la revolucion' !!!:icon_toast: :icon_beer: :football:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What time do we meet?

7am? 8am?

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I normally get there at 6AM if not a bit earlier.

We need to break down around 9:30'ish to get seats.

Hell, I am too pumped up to be sitting so I normally move around like a hawk to see the action and yell **** at the players.

PS.....For the newcomers, we (Bolttalk heads) park right in front of Chargers Park across the street. All are welcome. We will probably be the only ones with a BBQ because noone else is crazy enough to BBQ in the weeds or on the street - except us :) for the last few years.

30. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'll be there at 8am or so