1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Miscommunication Somewhere?!?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Jan 10, 2008.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Listening to the Boomer & Carton radio show here on the fan (WFAN 660) either this morning or yesterday morning and Boomer was upset because he said that supposedly the Bolt players were not allowed to talk to, I thought, the media. He said that CBS tried to get some interviews during the playoffs and they weren't able to. Yet I am reading threads on how different players are on the local radio stations. He said that the NFL wasn't to happy about it and said that that is a good reason why the rest of the country doesn't know the team because they don't know the players (made sense). I know that Marty had a clamp on player interviews over the past few years. So when it comes to East coast bias, that could shed some light on why. Why would the media want to glorify a team when they can't get any good stuff from players?

Wonder if what he said holds any water?:icon_shrug:

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I don't think so.

Teams are required to make a certain amount of players available for interviews every week is my understanding of the rules. Coaches are another story.

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's why he was saying that the Bolts were breaking the rules set by the NFL. Now this was CBS (who covers the Bolts) that was trying to get interviews.

Just sayin.....

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Many players have given interviews this week. Marty never controlled player interviews. It was assistant coaches that he didn't make available for interviews.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Understood, but Goodell doesn't strike me as a guy that would allow anyone to openly break NFL policy. He would bring the hammer down if this were true, IMO.

6. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Yeah that's kinda dumb, considering I've heard at least two interviews this week alone, from Goff and Rivers.

7. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Miscommunication indeed. Our problem has been we haven't been able to get them to STFU.

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's what has me confused. Unless is was inregards to doing special segments for TV.:icon_shrug:

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: How true!!!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'd be willing to bet that those who are whining about lack of access are the types to who like to goad players into making provocative statements or statements that can be taken out of context so they can boiler plate some controversy, and they can get enough access to suit their purposes.

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I don't see a bunch of Jaguar interviews yet the media is all over their nuts.

12. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I saw Merriman on ESPN, and Phillips on NFL Network.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    So far this week I have seen,
    Merriman
    LT (Today on NFL Net)
    Rivers (today on NFL Net)
    Castillo (today on NFL Net)
    Turner (HC, not the RB)

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that most sports writers have been talking **** about the bolts and are giving them a snowballs chance in hell vs the colts? :icon_shrug:

I wouldn't want to talk to any of those fukheads either. :icon_finger: