1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Missed assignments....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 5, 2009.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +453
    I'll tell you what, aside from watching SD in the super bowl years ago, last night was the most frustrating game I have had to endure as a Chargers fan.

Most will focus on the run defense and rightfully so. However, I have been listen all day to all the Cro hate and it's getting old. No he shouldn't be twittering and I have a major problem with him doing that.

With that said our Front 7 right now is atrocious, we get blown off the ball and no push up front.

But I am looking a lot right now at some of the film from the game and I am seeing a ton of blown assignments. I see Clinton Hart as of right now blowing 4 or 5 assignments in the first half. He looked lost.

Eric Weddle's blown assignment on Heath Miller in as well as Hart's both going for TD's. Weddle I like though, he tackles well and doesnt make many mistakes. But if you ask me, another bad game from Clinton Hart and I think its time to bypass Steve Gregory and try Kevin Ellison.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It's funny you say that. I mentioned a few times while watching it at Kristy's "we are not facing the 94' 49ers!"

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +453
    Ya one could whine that Pitt got away with about 12 holding penalties last night, but that wouldnt have even changed the game. I have seen atleast 6 holding penalties not called in the first half. But taking into consideration that its a 10 yard penalty the next play or two seems to go for 20 yards...Im sure they would have still gotten a first down.

We were no where close in coverage because we were asking DB's to cover WR's in zone coverage for 6-8 secs or longer. The front 7 is really bad right now, but watching Clinton Hart last night just made me cringe.