1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Dec 31, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2006
    What a tool Peter King is,

Here's the part that really pissed me off,

Peter King, winner of the 2007 dildo of the year award.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

3. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Nov 21, 2006
    Steroids=Like taking Adderall so you can study for a test.
    Taping signals/audio illegally: Like having the test before hand and cheating off of it.

It was more than stealing signals. It was a dedicated process of learning, through illegal means, teams signals plays etc that other teams who followed through legal actions could not attain.

I wonder did Peter King give Tom Brady a happy ending after their giggling match?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2006

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Now THAT'S some funny shite right there!! :icon_rofl:
  6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Let him say what he wants. The Patriots have scoreboard right now and you can't take that away from them. When the Chargers punch them in the nose and win the SuperBowl, then they will change their tune.
  7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    The pattern of Merriman's test results doesn't show chronic use. The window of use is not one that would produce a huge advantage and he hasn't tested positive since. This whole roid mess should have been done and over with after the suspension was served. A lot of the national sports press is no better than the village idiots covered politics in the DC Village.
  8. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Sep 8, 2006
    I love how the media always whines about Merriman's steroid use but they crawl up the jock of the Patriots about how tapeing didn't help them.

How about Rodney shooting up HGH? I guess that didn't help him either and nice of Peter King to omit that fact.

What a moron.:icon_evil:
  9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

IDK why King has such a bug up his *** for the Chargers. There are more recent suspensions he could have referenced, but he had to go back to Shawne.

I don't normally give a flying phuc what most sports "writers" have to say, but this was just so blatant. :icon_evil:
  10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I actually wrote to Peter King about his douchey little comment. Here are the facts:

1. The Pats were caught cheating. This wasn't one person on a team cheating, but an entire organization that conspired to gain an advantage by deliberately circumventing the rules.

2. Shawne Merriman tested positive for steroids on one of dozens of tests. Whether this proves he knowingly cheated or not is open to speculation. But one thing that does support Merriman's defense is that independent tests have found that many body building supplements contain trace amounts of steroids.

3. If Shawne wanted to cheat, why wouldn't he have taken a banned substance that there is no known test for, like HGH, which brings me to point four.

4. Why has Shawne Merriman become the face of performance enhancer use in the NFL? Rodney Harrison was busted for using HGH, and it has barely been mentioned by the talking heads. And Harrison admitted to cheating. His excuse? "I wasn't trying to gain a competitive advantage. I was just trying to stay healthy." Well, it's nice to know that being healthy doesn't give one a competitive advantage. This brings me to my final point.

5. It sure seems like there are a lot of 30+ year old Pats players who managed to stay healthy this season after years of fighting nagging injuries. Perhaps, instead of the Cheatriots, they should be called the HGHtriots.:icon_shrug: