1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MNF 11/22

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Eric, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I read on the NFL forum there are around 2400 tix left. When is the last time a MNF game was blacked out locally?

2. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    that wont be prob those will sell, game wont be BO bank it

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    So how long does the organization have to sell the remaining tix?

4. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    It's typically 1 PM Thurs before a Sunday game. Maybe they let MNF go until Friday?

5. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Wait let me get this straight.... Even on a monday night game, if the ticket sale requirement isn't met, people in the local area don't get to watch the game on TV???

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    a blackout is a blackout, it does not matter when the game is played.

7. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    MNF will not allow a blackout. They would by the tickets if it came to that.

8. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Remember the Monday nighter when we had the fires. The NFL gave away the seats in Pheonix so that the stands would look full as the Chargers played the Phish that night, along with a bunch of drunken ASU students that didn't even know who was playing on the field...

Pointy

9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Something else to think about, is this the game where the Bolts are in their throwbacks or alternate uniforms?

10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I could careless if its blacked out or not. I will be there yelling my arse off.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I got a check from the Chargers for that game when I could not use my tickets.

12. Eric

Eric BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    What blows is if you're a SDC fan in LA or OC the team gets blacked out despite being beyond the 75 mil black out radius

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    My daughter was born that night, I only watched part of the game. Think we were in ugly all blue uni's. Lost big too.

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I had my truck packed and was ready to evacuate. There was a wall of fire just over the hill from where I lived, that fire ended up taking out half of Crest. Highway 8 Eastbound was closed and with the traffic getting turned around at Lake Jennings exit, my wife and kid left our mobile home. It took us 20 minutes to move a mile and a half. All the time the fire that was taking out Crest was coming over the hill. It must have been wierd being at the hospital with everything else going on, and those Uni's that night were butt ugly! Nothing happened and we were back home 3 hours later. The truck stayed packed for 2 days.

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If the Donks had a winning record their fans would have bought up those tix by now.

16. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Ugh, what a shytty ordeal brother. Glad to hear you didn't lose your home or anything. Funny how we will all remember what we were doing that night. And will probably never forget those ugly azz uniforms.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    There was a lady that I worked with, she had a cabin out by Julian where she lived. She was back in Alabama dealing with some family issues. As she flew back to San Diego, she knew her place was gone as they flew over the Mountains. All she had was the clothes she took with her. She settled with the Insurance Company then sold the lot. She moved to Oceanside

18. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Yeah, I could see those flames coming over onto the Rancho Bernardo area and I woke up early that Monday morning. I packed a few things in my car and decided that I was going to the game no matter what. I made the drive to AZ mostly through the smoke since the San Bernardino mountains were also on fire, didn't see clear skies until I was halfway to Blythe.

Anyway, back to one of my original questions, is this Monday night game where the Bolts are in their alternate uniforms?

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I don’t know, I have never seen the Uni schedule, they just don’t post that anymore.

20. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    My 40th birthday that night. We had a big block of tickets and were going to do a big tailgate. But at the same time there were big fires near Big Bear, so we couldn't go to Arizona because there was a possibility that we were getting evacuated ourselves. Did a big indoor tailgate at my friend's bar, had a great time. Got evacuated the next day.

21. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    well, here in TJ it doesn't matter if the game is blacked out, ESPN shows it to all of Mexico, also, even without DirectTV, with cable we get the local San Diego games, plus two games from mexican tv stations plus a game from foxsports latino, which, strangely enough also shows cbs games

22. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I was trapped in Ramona during the fires that year and watched that ugly game on a little black and white tv...and those all blue uniforms still looked ugly!

To answer your original question, Monday night is the first of two times this season the Chargers will wear their powder blue alternate uniforms...I believe the other time will be at home against the Raiders on December 5th.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    If there are only about 2400 seats left, you can pretty much guarantee someone will buy up the remaining tickets.

24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Nice!!!

[​IMG]

25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    this :icon_toast:

26. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I just got the weather lowdown, it's supposed to rain all weekend, including Monday. Bring your ponchos... Go Bolts!!!

Pointy

27. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah, I remember that MNF fire game. I flew in to town on Friday afternoon and spent the whole time trying not to breathe in all that smoke. Then had to fly out on Mon. I remember it being the first time in a looooooooong time that there was a MNF game in SD.

I dislike games in the rain. It's usually not much fun getting drenched. But will be there and ready to go with a nice classy box of wine:)

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    looks like we are going to have a wet BBQ come Monday. But I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    .[​IMG]

here are those ugly Unis!!!!!!

30. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Even at their ugliest, miles ahead of the current unis.