1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MNF on abc?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Dec 19, 2007.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I'll be with my inlaws (who have no cable) the 24th (In México, christmas eve is more important than christmas day).

Anyways, in previous years Chargers MNF games on espn would also be broadcasted on ABC, I just checked both tvguide.com and 10news.com for the game but they show their regular programming...

Am I screwed this Christmas eve? :icon_sad:

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    As far as I know it's only on ESPN. Don't know if you can get ESPN without cable. DVR or Tivo action for you man!

3. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    No DVR and no TIVO in Tijuana :icon_sad:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

If they have high speed internet, PR Fan#1 posted a link where you could see the game LIVE. It required a software download but the dude said it works. I have never tried it but there you go.

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I'm very casually and tactfully (and covertly) trying to work this game into the "Christmas Eve Schedule"....:icon_eek: I would like nothing more than to say "Let's get take-out, watch the game, and then go look at Christmas lights"...but I must proceed with caution...

I'm saying "Instead of dinner, let's go to a late lunch...the restaurants will be much less crowded then we can go home and do whatever for a while, open some presents, and go look at lights..."

I think we all know what whatever is! :icon_tease: I think this plan may work.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    How about TJVO? hahaha! :lol:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm pretty sure broadcasting regulations require that games on cable be simulcast on a local affiliate available to those without cable. If you can get local SD channels, you might be able to see it.

An SD local would probably know more.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
  9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    I have a turkey going into brine on Sunday and roasting that sucker on Monday. Hope to have an early dinner (3:30pm) or we are going to be watching it during dinner. My house, my rules. :yes: :abq2:

10. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    thanks to all...

In regards to my inlaws having high speed internet...:icon_rofl: they know absolutly nothing about computers, so that's a no

In regards to skiping christmas eve, in México it is THE family dinner of the year, no way to get out of it

And in regards to the availability of San Diego area networks in Tijuana, sure we get them, just as you can pickup Tijuana broadcast channels over the air in San Diego, for those that don't live in San Diego, Tijuana is right next to San Ysidro which is in San Diego county, a few miles away from downtown San Diego, in fact, if I walk a few blocks from my house I can see downtown San Diego, only a fence separates both cities, no land separation whatsoever

I sure hope I can see the game, if not, 105.3 right? :icon_huh:

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If all else fails try the radio.

12. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    well, even thought tvguide.com and 10news.com (abc in San Diego) have normal schedule, couchville.com does have the game :abq1: so I might be able to see it :tup:

(Edit : does anyone else see the "glitch" on the dancing lightning bolt? --> :abq1:)

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    We sold our tickets for this game due mainly in part to me showing up for Christmas eve mass half crocked after the last Christmas Eve game. So this time, we all gave up our seats. We found a 4:00 pm mass, and the inlaws house is only 2 minutes away. Now all prayers are geared towards father being a Charger fan too.

TBF

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's not a High Mass is it?

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm going to be visiting a friend in North Carolina, so I won't have any say about watching the game. But I will record the game on my DVR and watch on my laptop with my slingbox. I think I'm going to get tired REALLY early Monday night and head to bead early. :lol:

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    When my mom asked what we we're doing Chirstmas Eve I said "Don't Care, I'll be at the game, have fun".

Pwnt

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Hopefully you can see the game in Mex!

My sister and bro in law, are hosting x-mas dinner with Tomales.... :tup: They said, to dress in Chargers gear, whomever has the most Bolt Spirit, wins a prize... :icon_toast: I love Mí Familía! :bolt:

FOUTS

18. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    I think I will, and again, it has nothing to do with México, Tijuana gets the exact same over the air channels as San Diego, is not as if they stop at the border :icon_tease: the thing is that this game is on cable which my inlaws don't have :no:

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The game will be on one of the local channels. The NFL requires that a game be simulcast on broadcast TV to the markets of the two teams playing in the game. Up here in the Bay Area, the Niners and Turd games on ESPN are always simulcast on a local station. It should be the same in SD.

20. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    OUCH!

Actually, my mom asked me the same question. I do feel like I'm kind of abandoning her and my sister, since my father doesn't celebrate Christmas (Islamic). I'll be there at night after the game, though.

21. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    On Monday I'm hoping to get off work in Rancho Cordova by 3pm so I can get to Tony Romas in Modesto by 5 for dinner with the in-laws. I'm having my step-son TIVO the game so I (they are Chiefs fans :tdown:) can watch watch it when everyone goes to bed. can't whoop and holler though :tdown::icon_sad:

22. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    well you have two unconvential options

If you have a laptop, get a verizon/sprint broadband card and take your laptop with you, and log on to you direct tv accound/nfl package account and watch it on there (or look for a slingbox feed if you dont have nfl package). Then return the card the next day (you have a 7 day trial)

OR

Call cox, get a DVR, record the game, watch it and then cancel/return the dvr

:lol:

23. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You can watch MNF online? I was not aware of that. Tell me more.

24. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Well there are a few ways

if you can find a good Sopcast feed, you can do it that way but the NFL is really cracking down on this and really the quality isnt all that good

Another way is, if you know someone with a slingbox (or have one yourself), you can install their software and then watch it on there via your home cable

But really, the best way, if you have NFL Package from directTv, you can go to their best site, and enter your account info and watch the games straight from the NFL package website (I think this is the best option if you have directtv)