1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Draft (A.K.A.wish list)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bolts4lyfe, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +824
    Round 1: Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
    He is seen as a raw athlete. He has quick feet and a good initial burst that let him get to the quarterback effectively. Not only can he get through blockers with his strength; he can get around them with his amazing athleticism. Perry is extremely fluid and has special change-of-direction skills that can make him a premier pass-rusher.

Round 2: Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

Height: 6-2. Weight: 213.
    He is the type of safety who is always involved, using his quickness, recognition and overall body control to react effectively to plays. While he has just adequate speed, he makes up for this deficiency with strong play recognition and anticipation, and he is often in a position to make a play on the ball. Plus AJ loves this kid

Round 3: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 316.
    Massie had some quality games this season, but did not have his best performance against Alabama. He did well in run blocking in 2011. Massie is too strong to be bull rushed, and he has the athletic ability to mirror well in pass blocking. He's still a little raw and could use more experience and development. There are stretches where he simply overwhelms defenders. Massie looks like he is a future starter at right tackle in the NFL.

Round 4: Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 279.
    Not an elite pass rusher but quarterbacks always need to identify his location if they want to stay healthy. Sacks come with relentless effort, not initial quickness and varied pass rush moves. Does swim over leaning guards to get into the backfield. Works towards the quarterback throughout the play, closes to the passer quickly for his size. sure run defender. Holds up his man with extended arms, stays with the block down the line and sheds in either direction to grab the running back.

Round 5: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
    Height 6-5 Weight 243
    Foles has the arm and pocket presence to become a starting quarterback in the NFL. He'll need more developmental practice time compared to the top-three signal callers in the draft. Foles needs to work on going through his progressions and finding an open receiver. He has the tendency to only look at one side of the field. Foles needs to increase his touchdowns and decrease his interceptions to improve his status.

Round 6: Evan Rodriguez, TE, Temple
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
    Rodriguez is a fluid receiver who picks up yards after the catch. He was used in the same manner that Florida used tight end Aaron Herndandez under former Gators assistant Steve Addazio, the first-year Owls head coach. Rodriguez looked good in that role as he is a quality blocker and good athlete as a receiver.

Round 7: Lonnie Edwards, G, Texas Tech
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 322.
    Edwards did a very good job this season and showed a lot of improvements. He is a physical run blocker and a decent pass blocker. Edwards has the power to push defensive linemen around and open up holes on the ground.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,683
    I like this one, don't see Crick falling to us in the 4th though. His stock plummetted but he's still a good football player, somebody will take a 2nd day flyer on him.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,627
    I'd be happy as a clam with this draft. I would potentially want to add a NT but I could happily live with this group

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +824
    I was thinking of adding a CB somewhere in here but honestly any CB after Robinson or a second round talent I'm not too familiar with hahahah