1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    A) I hope this is false, as far as "targeting him in the middle rounds" at least. Maybe this kid develops into something good, but to target a developmental player who will sit for a yearin the 4th and above is too rich for my liking.

B) I'm hoping (if true) this kid wouldn't be our 1st and only target on the O line side. I would actually prefer they target 2 offensive linemen in this draft TBH

CB, WR, OLB, OL, OL, NT ar the 5 spots Im hoping they come out with in no particular order

2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    And to be fair Tony Pauline was the first and only to report the Chargers will select DJ Fluker

3. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    We definitely need some decent offensive line prospects. But if you assume Troutman, Ohrnberger and Harris are going to be on the roster how much space left is there? The jury is still out on Nick Becton as well and they may want to keep a roster spot for him also. I see one roster spot likely available to add a guy.

It's a pretty spotty situation. Going into the season it looks pretty good, but looking next year and beyond it's pretty ugly. I think OC really is the position the address. With new offense, probably makes it even more so, Hardwick is a smart player and it would wise the have a guy get acclimated now. Of course, we probably have to use a pretty high pick to get a guy really worthy of "heir apparent".

But drafting that OG Thomas and red shirting him a year on IR looks like a pretty good option considering the roster.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
  5. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    Anotthe mock but with a trade trade with tampa we get their second and 3rd
    2. philip Gaines Cb rice
    2.Kyle van noy olb byu
    3.Justi ellis Dt lousianna tech
    3.Marcus robertson cb florida
    4.Brandon Thomas OG clemson
    5.Ladamian washington WR missouri
    6. James hurst Ot Unc
    7. George attikinson III rb notre dame

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Honestly guys stop mocking Justin Ellis to the Chargers, the kid flat out sucks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    Id
    Idk whatt ape u watch,or if you watch any. But hes a stout player who pushes the pocket andd emands double teams. Hes close to what jamal looked like in college

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Justin Ellis is another case of a guy who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. People get excited about him because of his size but he has done nothing on the football field to warrant anything more than a late round selection.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Bridgewater = Sam Bradford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    actually bortles reminds me of sam bradford so much, it's a comparison i've been making for a while.... both lack a quality deep ball, both big boys at QB with mobility, can throw on the run, both excel in the short-intermediate game, both have some mechanical issues and both make some boneheaded plays and throw their fair share of ints. IMO they're both game-manager type QBs and I don't see bortles as a ben roethlisberger which were ridiculous comparisons being floated out there by people as the kind of guy who will shake and shimmy in the pocket and break tackles and keep plays alive and find guys downfield. bradford and bortles are the kinds of guys who will carry their offense as far as the surrounding talent on the offense allows them. they can make easy throws and move a bit and work the intermediate area too but in terms of having elite game changing qualities..... hell no.

not to be racist or anything but the reason i can't like bridgewater is because when was the last time a pure black pocket passer QB had any success in the NFL? has there ever even been one? mcnabb and randall cunningham were scramblers. I repeat, when was the last time a totally black pocket passing QB had success in the NFL? i'll be rooting for ted to change that but it just hasn't happened. think about it. combine that with the level of competition he faced and you have major question marks.

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    i guess steve mcnair is the closest thing in NFL history to a successful black pocket passer. is teddy bridgewater steve mcnair? that is the only question executives need to be asking themselves.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    the amount of 1st round black pocket QB busts the past decade+ is tremendous

byron leftwich
    akili smith
    jason campbell
    jamarcus russell
    josh freeman

it's a big disappointment

13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Doug Williams, Warren Moon, James Harris

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    the key word was successful

doug williams threw 100 tds and 93 ints, harris was garbage too

warren moon....... ok i guess he had some great seasons but had some horrible ones too. we can count him too if you want with steve mcnair.

15. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    also i will go out on a limb and say the chargers will make boise state DT ricky tjong a tjoe a priority UDFA and try to bring him in to compete at the NT spot. i know the chargers have been in contact with him but i think he above a few other fat boys they've been in contact with, will be a higher priority target... especially if we walk out of the draft without a NT.

16. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    A QB in the low rounds à la Sorensen 2013. Conner Halliday...the next Tom Brady.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +238
    Take a QB in 6th if for only bringing in seats in pre-season.