1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Feb 17, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Verrett > Dennard > Fuller > Gilbert > Roby for me.

Well....it's probably a tie with the last 2.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    If we're going to continue playing as much off coverage as we have been lately, you might as well scratch Dennard.

I don't understand why Gilbert doesn't get any of the criticism that Roby incurs for his bad technique. Seems like preseason expectations have skewed how the two are compared.

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Yeah the ranking was based on who I will think the best player will be, more than who is a fit for us.

I'm not sure if the off-man strategy is Pagano or the CBs playing in fear that they're going to get burned.

4. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    I will guarantee you that it isn't that he's telling them to get up on the LOS, and they just aren't listening. But it may be that he just doesn't have the confidence in them to call for it.

5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    One thing I do think is cool/interesting about Roby is that he's been working out with Jahleel Addae in Las Vegas. Although I would put him only behind Fuller and Verrett for 1st round corners in this draft, I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 25. To me it would mean they are convinced they are getting Roby from 2012

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Yeah if Telesco is confident in him that would make me more confident, but I see a definite bust factor there. A guy who doesn't always play hard, or practice hard, or have particularly good instincts, and struggles to locate the ball during breakups....he could be a track star that doesn't mean he's a football player.

Verrett is a football player, that guy is the next Antoine Winfield IMO. I'd give up the 2 inch advantage Roby has without a second thought if only he played with the tenacity that Verrett does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    [​IMG]
    Indiana WR Cody Latimer has seven team visits scheduled for the next few weeks.

Per NFL.com's Gil Brandt, Latimer will visit the Bills and Eagles on Monday, the Lions on Friday, the Raiders on April 14, the Seahawks and Chargers the following two days and the Panthers on April 24. Expect Latimer to also hold a workout for other teams after fully healed form a foot injury. The large target has a strong chance to be selected in the top-40.

Like Van Noy, the Chargers seem to be enamored with this kid, This is one of the players out of the first round that I really hope we do land.

8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    That and INT totals. It happened with Cromartie too even into the pro's - people were willing to forgive lax technique and giving up catches going down the field for the every-so-often INT. There's some sense to it, but ultimately - as we've seen with Cro - when the combination of WR's, OC's, and QB's get on the same page and figure out how to work over the guy with lax technique, he's not as valuable to his team because his opportunities to get those turnovers decrease.

Gilbert is very much a Cro clone - the good and the bad. But yes, I agree... if the off-man coverage isn't going anywhere (and as long as Pagano is here or we continue to go to the well of "Once Worked Under Wade" there's little reason to think it will) then the best fits for what we'd ask prospects in this class to do in our system is Verrett, Fuller (they're 1A and 1B, really), Roby, Gilbert (if you think you can refine his technique), Joyner, Desir, and the Gaines boys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    The more I watch of Kyle Fuller the more I want him to be a Charger. He has incredible ball skills, tackles well, amongst other intangibles.

As for Roby. I have been watching a lot of his tape in 2012 and see what some of the hype on this kid was about. However, I still stand by my assessment that he is not top 25 pick worthy and probably not top 50 pick worthy. Will he be taken there? Probably. However, my concern is his ability to sustain 2012 type play, year in and year out in the NFL. There's questions about his work ethic. Does he take plays off? Does he not prepare properly..etc? I mean I see what all you are saying about his 2012 play, and I am certainly not trying to base his grade on 1 year. But the majority of his 2013 play against inferior competition was so awful that I just can't see it with him. I would have expected him to progress, in the same system in year 2, not regress.

My rankings right now are 1 and 1a are also Verrett, and Fuller. However, right now for me the next level is Gilbert, Joyner, and then Roby. I would take Joyner ( who also has gaps in his technique, and isn't as fast), over Roby. This would be based on Joyner's ability to play both cb/safety effectively. It gives us more flexibility on defense. I also like his ability as a kick returner. Just my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    My dream draft would be

#25 Kyle Fuller CB
    #57 Jeremiah Attaochu
    #89 Cody Latimer
    #125 Brandon Thomas
    #165 Zach Kerr

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    It wasn't the same system except in the absolute strictest of senses though. They stuck Roby on an island and told him to press & bail, two things he's not terribly experienced at or naturally-inclined towards. He's a guy who has shown and, that's where you've got to watch not just the plays that get made against him but also the opportunities that were taken away in 2012 because of the positions he was in, he best with the play in front of him and making adjustments accordingly. The Wisconsin game this season is most indicative of that as Abbrederis put on a clinic on against Roby almost entirely through technical ability to fend off the jam at the line and then using clean footwork and route-running technique to shake him when Roby was trying to make up ground and ride his hip.

Would I be totally keen on taking him in the 1st round? No. But that's because I have 40-ish 1st round grades on players in this class, and would think that at the 25th overall pick there should be better value for us available. But in our scheme Roby is still a better fit than Gilbert and most definitely than Dennard.

12. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    I agree that Dennard is not a better fit than Roby. But in my post above I didn't even list Dennard. I have Gilbert and Joyner, above Roby. I 100% WOULD NOT take Gilbert, or Joyner at 25, for some of the same reasons I would not take Roby. However, if for some strike of god that Joyner and Roby were both on the board at our pick in the second, I would take Joyner. IMO Joyner gives us more versatility on defense, is a bigger play maker (ala Tyrann Mathieu) , and probably a better kick returner (haven't seen any tape on Roby being a return man). Bottom line for me is @ 25 if it's not Verrett, or Fuller I prefer to take BPA at another position. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

As for Fuller, I do believe Fuller will not make it to our pick come draft day. I think Fuller might not even make it to 20 when all is said and done.

13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Surprising mock draft with trades

1) (TRADE) Atlanta: Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB South Carolina
    ATL has shown in the past they are not afraid to trade away the farm to get an elite talent player

2) St. Louis: Jake Mathews, OT, Texas A&M
    I think The Rams will go with the "Safe" OT over the "upside" OT in this one, Adding Mathews who can start day 1 vs. the unfinished product in Robinson, puts them in "win now" mode to compete with the best division in the NFL

3) Jacksonville: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB Buffalo
    Bringing back the competent Chad Henne allows Jacksonville to get the 1b in the best defensive player category. Gus can throw Mack into the "Leo" role, while throwing the (newly acquired) Clemons into the situational pass rusher role like he did with Irvine back in Seattle. Fool me once (Gabbert)

4) Cleveland: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    Cleveland would kill 2 birds with one stone, Selecting Robinson here would allow them to put Schwarts at the OG position and Robinson would start at the RT spot (allowing him to develop his talent). Could easily be slated as the best O line in the league.

5) Oakland: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    Having traded for Shaub, the need for a starting QB isn't an immediate need as once believed, I feel they'll go the route Cincy took in grabbing the best WR and then taking a Carr, Goroppolo, or Mettenberger in round 2

6) (TRADE) Houston: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Luisville
    Bill O' Brien is the QB whisperer making lesser talented players look better than what they really are, by masking their weaknesses with their strengths. Imagine what he could do with a more talented QB than the ones he had to work with in the past.

7) Tampa Bay: Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St.
    The Buccaneers need help in their secondary to go along with Verner, Barron, Gholdson, and Banks. Adding CB Gilbert will fill that need.

8) (Trade) New York (Jets): Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    The Jets are still looking for a WR, Adding an elite talent like Evans will finally end that search for them. Vick and eventually Geno Smith thank them for this pick.

9) Buffalo: CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama
    Adding Mosley to team up with Alonso would make them one of the better young LB duos in the league

10) Detroit: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan st.
    It seems like every year, the Lions are looking for an upgrade at CB, Dennard would definitely be an upgrade over all their CB's

11) Tennessee: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
    Whiz and Ray Horton need some weapons for their 3-4 transition

12) New York (Giants): Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    The Giants are probably the most roller coaster team in the NFL, one year they're SB champs the next they're one of the worst in the league, last year their offensive line was terrible.

13) St. Louis: Ha Ha Clinton Dix, S, Alabama
    Having added to the offensive side of the ball, The Rams now grab some help in the secondary

14) Chicago: Aaron Donald, DT Pitt
    Aaron Donald to Chicago is as commonly mocked to Chicago as Zack Martin is to Miami

15) Pittsburgh: Luis Nix, NT Notre Dame
    The Steelers brought Cam Thomas to play DE, so adding Luis Nix to play NT would add more beef to that line

16) Dallas: Stephen Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
    Having just lost Ware and Hatcher, The Cowboys must address help on the defensive line

17) Baltimore: Calvin Pryor, S, Luisville
    The Ravens add another young safety to pair up with Elam (last years 1st round pick)

18) (TRADE) Minnesota: Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
    Having just lost Jared Allen, they need some pass rush help, Ealy seems like a Mike Zimmer type player

19) Miami: Zack Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame
    (See Aaron Donald Chicago)

20) Arizona: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
    Arians will get his QB of the future, where he sees a lot of Luck/Big Ben type potential

21) Green Bay: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
    Another weapon for Aaron Rodgers

22) Philadelphia: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio st.
    More speed to the defensive side of the ball

23) Kansas City: Xavier Su'A Filo, OG, UCLA
    KC lost 3 valuable offensive linemen through free agency.

24) Cincinnati: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    Cincy adds one of the best cover corners in the draft to lock down that nickel spot

25) San Diego: Kyle Fuller, CB Virginia Tech
    Us Charger fans finally get that help in the secondary, we long waited for. Will come in and step into the number 1 spot

26) Cleveland: Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M
    Cleveland is excited that they waited for a QB, Getting better on the offensive line then grabbing their starting QB will give fans in Cleveland finally something to be excited for (post Lebron days)

27) New Orleans: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
    Another weapon for Brees here

28) Carolina: Marquise Lee, WR USC
    The Panthers need a legit number 1 after releasing Steve Smith

29) New England: Timmy Jernigan, DT Florida State
    Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly are getting up there in age, they need to get younger and more explosive up front

30) San Fransico: Ra'shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
    with so much talent on their roster, the 49ers can just take high upside player

31) Denver: Bradly Roby, CB, Ohio st
    Denver adds more depth to their already talented secondary, after Chris Harris tore his ACL, theres no telling if he'll have any set backs.

32) Seattle: Brandon Cooks, WR Oregon
    Adding Cooks to play along with Harvin will be a scary 1,2, combo

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Marty Caswell ‏@MartyCaswell 4m
    Van Noy “I’ve been a Chargers fan for a while…SD would be my #1 spot even though being in this draft you’re not supposed to have favorites"

16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    As long as it's at 57 and not 25, fine then.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    You know it's funny, nobody has mentioned yet that Kyle Van Noy has arms the same exact arm length as Melvin Ingram.:D 31 1/2 inches.

18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    I'd be so mad if we picked Van Noy or Nix at 25.

19. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I like Kyle Van Noy although there are probably a few of DE/OLB prospects I'd want to take a head of him.

Kony Ealy
    Jeremiah Attaochu
    Demarcus Lawrence
    Marcus Smith

20. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    I'll be even more mad if Fuller and Verrett are on the board and we go with Roby.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +237
    Van Noy at 25 is a reach, but why not Nix? He's the best NT in draft and that's about as big of need for Chargers as CB.

22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    For me the only concern is athleticism, he's not even close to the physical freak of a Dontari Poe, Haloti Ngata, or Vince Wilfork was when he came out, he seems more like a poor mans BJ Raji. Taking him just because he's the best NT in this particular draft....meh.

23. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Here is my full 2-round mock. Few trades here as well. I'll take criticism and comments.

1. HOU. DE. Jadeveon Clowney. Houston lands the player with the highest ceiling in this draft.
    2. TB*. WR. Sammy Watkins. Tampa Bay makes an aggressive play for an elite WR to pair with VJ.
    3. JAX. DE. Khalil Mack. Gus Bradley gets his future/current LEO LB.
    4. CLE. QB. Teddy Bridgewater. Cleveland will take the safest pick at QB, will not gamble on another QB.
    5. OAK. FS. Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix. Surprise, Surprise. #raidering once again. Charles Woodson's replacement.
    6. ATL. OT. Jake Matthews. Atlanta gets an OT that can actually play LT in this draft. Matthews starts from Day 1.
    7. STL*. OT. Greg Robinson. St. Louis gets a powerful run blocker, will be an elite OT for years to come.
    8. MIN. QB. Derek Carr. Yes, believe it or not this pick will have Norv Turner written all over it. Great fit.
    9. BUF. TE. Eric Ebron. Doug Marrone gets a weapon for EJ Manuel and his offense.
    10. DET. CB. Justin Gilbert. Never hurts to grab one of the top CB's in draft when you play in the NFC North.
    11. TEN. CB. Darqueze Dennard. Ray Horton gets a his physical bump and run CB for his defense.
    12. NYG. DT. Aaron Donald. Losing Linval Joseph hurts, but grabbing a penetrating DT helps the secondary.
    13. STL. WR. Mike Evans. St. Louis doesn't have a capable WR1 on their roster, Britt is a huge question mark.
    14. CHI. DT. Ra’Shede Hageman. Hageman is so versatile and his measurements are off the charts.
    15. PIT. CB. Jason Verrett. Pittsburgh needs help at CB and needs to get younger.
    16. DAL. DE. Anthony Barr. Barr falls right into Dallas' lap. No brainer here as they beefed up at DT.
    17. HOU*. QB. Blake Bortles. Baltimore doesn't see anything they like, trade out for a luxury of picks. Houston makes an aggressive play for a guy Bill O'Brien really likes.
    18. NYJ. WR. Odell Beckham Jr. NYJ gets an explosive playmaker they can line up wherever.
    19. MIA. OT. Zach Martin. Miami continuing their OL repair and restoring the locker room with good character.
    20. ARI. QB. Johnny Manziel. Oh yeah. Bruce Arians loves a big arm, but he likes an accurate big arm. That's exactly what Manziel proved at his pro day. He will get a year to sit and learn behind Carson Palmer.
    21. GB. ILB. CJ Mosley. Green Bay's ILB core of AJ Hawk and Brad Jones was so poor last year. CJ Mosley is an elite talent at ILB and they'll select BPA.
    22. PHI. CB. Kyle Fuller. Philadelphia's secondary was so bad last year. They've made some signings, but that doesn't mean they'll shy away from a DB, especially one with the highest ceiling of all CBs.
    23. KC. OG. Xavier Su’a-Filo. Kansas City has holes up front on the OL. They kept Alex Smith clean for the most part last year, which led to their success. Su'a-Filo will be a versatile piece to have.
    24. CIN. OT. Taylor Lewan. Cincinnati lost Anthony Collins in FA, and Andrew Whitworth really excelled inside.
    25. SD. OLB. Jeremiah Attaochu. Not CBs worthy of taking at 25, so we take a player with huge upside. Attaochu won't be there when we pick at 57, he will be this years Bruce Irvin.
    26. CLE. C. Marcus Martin. Losing Alex Mack create a huge hole. Enter Martin.
    27. NO. OLB. Kony Ealy. Nice toy for Rob Ryan and his staff to use and develop.
    28. CAR. WR. Brandin Cooks. Losing their most reliable target for over a decade. Cooks is the playmaker they need.
    29. NE. TE. Jace Amaro. Bill Bellicheck loves his TEs. Rob Gronkowski isn't the most durable and we've seen how different their offense looks with him out. Amaro is very Aaron Hernandez-esque, potentially better.
    30. SF. NT. Timmy Jernigan. San Fransisco needs bodies up front, Justin Smith is getting up there and all 3 starters will be free agents in 2015/2016.
    31. DEN. CB. Bradley Roby. Denver running very thin at CB. Made the move for Aqib Talib but he isn't the most durable and Chris Harris is recovering from January ACL surgery.
    32. SEA. WR. Kelvin Benjamin. Benjamin is a willing run blocker and has underrated strength and hands. Good enough route runner to be installed in Seattle's offense.
    33. BAL*. FS. Calvin Pryor. Matt Elam will be the starter at SS which leaves a hole at FS.
    34. WAS. ILB. Ryan Shazier. Washington needs an WILB to pair with Perry Riley.
    35. CLE. OG. Gabe Jackson. Little high for an OG, but Jackson will be a starter Day 1 at RG.
    36. OAK. DE. Dee Ford. Oakland continues to build their defense, targeting Zach Mettenberger in the 3rd round.
    37. ATL. DE. Demarcus Lawrence. Atlanta could trade up, but expect them to target a pass rusher in rounds 1-2.
    38. TB. OLB. Kyle Van Noy. SLB for Lovie Smith's defense is needed.
    39. JAX. WR. Marqise Lee. An explosive playmaker falls down some boards after his 2013 season, Jacksonville's WR corps has some question marks with Justin Blackmon suspended. Expect QB to be addressed in the 3rd round.
    40. MIN. SS. Jimmie Ward. Minnesota needs another safety to pair with Harrison Smith.
    41. BUF. OT. David Yankey. Yankey can play all over the line and will improve Buffalo's run blocking.
    42. TEN. OLB. Kareem Marin. Ray Horton get's a rangy OLB/DE prospect to groom.
    43. NYG. TE. Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Eli Manning actually gets a target at TE and compete with Adrien Robinson.
    44. STL. CB/SS. Lamarcus Joyner. St. Louis gets a nice chess piece, Joyner is very instinctual and versatile.
    45. DET. DE. Will Clarke. Long and lanky DE for the Detroit to use situationally.
    46. PIT. WR. Paul Richardson. Richardson is a guy that will stretch the field for Pittsburgh.
    47. DAL. DT. Stephon Tuitt. Dallas continues to build its DL after its embarrassing performances there last year.
    48. BAL. NT. Louis Nix III. I do believe Pittsburgh will end up taking him at 46, but good fit in Baltimore.
    49. NYJ. CB. Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Rex Ryan disguises players' weaknesses so well, gets a fluid athlete here.
    50. MIA. ILB. Shayne Skov. Dannell Ellerbee has been a disappointment, Skov has a nose for the ball.
    51. CHI. CB. Pierre Desir. Chicago needs CB help after 2014, with Tillman and Hayden FAs again.
    52. ARI. OLB. Scott Critchon. Arizona gets a SILB that could develop to be a complementary OLB.
    53. GB. FS/SS. Deone Buchannon. Green Bay getting a versatile safety who has a nose for the ball.
    54. PHI. WR. Donte Moncrief. Chip Kelly needs some depth at WR. Moncrief with good strength and speed.
    55. CIN. DE. Aaron Lynch. Cincinnati gets a pass rusher with high risk but high reward.
    56. SF. WR. Jordan Matthews. Knows how to block, which is key in SF, just not as physical as you'd hope.
    57. SD. CB. Rashaad Reynolds. Very instinctual player, experience in off-man and plays it very well.
    58. NO. C. Weston Richburg. New Orleans has a huge hole at C after losing De La Puente.
    59. IND. WR. Davante Adams. Indianapolis gets a raw WR, but with huge upside.
    60. CAR. OT. Morgan Moses. Carolina needs to continue to protect Cam Newton.
    61. SF. OL. Joel Bitonio. Possible move to center, but can play OG for a year in San Fran.
    62. NE. DE. Trent Murphy. New England get's their situational pass rusher across from Chandler Jones.
    63. DEN. OG. Cyrus Kouandjio. Offers insurance at OT as well, but believe he'll be an OG at the next level.
    64. SEA. TE. CJ Fiedorowicz. Seattle gets a very good blocking TE with exceptionally soft hands.

24. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Nix is coming off a meniscus tear. A guy that size with a specific knee issue like that is concerning. You add in his very poor tape from 2013 and the fact he'll be in a heavy rotation and only be 2 down lineman at best, that warrants a pick at 25? I don't think so at all.

Aim for guys like Zach Kerr, Justin Ellis, Khyri Thornton, Eathyn Manumalena and Calvin Barnett in the later rounds.

25. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    If thats whats available at 25 I'd look for a partner to trade back.

26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Some guys just pop on film, Demarcus Lawrence is not one of them. I've got a late 4th round grade on him.

Attaochu > KVN
    Smith = KVN Really a coin toss for me.
    Ealy < KVN Only because I think Ealy needs to play DE

27. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    For OLB/DE prospects, my current board looks like this,

1. Jadeveon Clowney - Elite talent. Best player in the draft.
    2. Khalil Mack - Elite talent. Has arguably reached his ceiling.
    3. Anthony Barr - Chance to become an elite player. Huge upside.
    4. Aaron Lynch - Chance to become an elite player. Huge upside.
    5. Jeremiah Attaochu - Chance to become an elite player. Huge upside
    6. Kony Ealy
    7. Demarcus Lawrence
    8. Kyle Van Noy
    9. Dee Ford
    10. Marcus Smith

• Like Like x 1
  28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Nice, even though I don't know that I'd put him there I like that you added Lynch. If we're doing 3-4 OLBs this is my list...

1. Jadeveon Clowney - Just obscene talent.
    2. Khalil Mack
    3. Dee Ford
    4. Jeremiah Attaochu
    -----------------------------------------------------First round marker-----------------------------
    5. Kyle Van Noy - Not the athlete that Barr is, but has all the FBIs Barr lacks.
    6. Anthony Barr - Talent to be a pro bowler, but he plays with an offensive mentality, in other words he's SOFT.
    7. Marcus Smith - Has 10+ sack upside, wish he was a better run defender.
    8. Kony Ealy - I'm just not convinced he'll be comfortable standing up. He's too stiff.
    9. Aaron Lynch - Huge upside, but there are some red flags.
    10. Chris Smith

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Other news and notes

The Chargers are working out VT QB Logan Thomas out as a TE, Could be an intriguing prospect for later rounds

Coach D was working out Kouandjio at his second pro day, if his knee is up to par, If he did manage to fall but his knees do in fact check out, could be another steal at 57

30. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Both Anthony Barr and Aaron Lynch have to be well coached to reach their ceilings. They have to be in the right system I believe. Kony Ealy I think can play OLB in a multiple/hybrid look defense. Ray Horton and Rob Ryan would love to have him in the 3-4.

It's not a knock on Dee Ford, but I'm just not as high on him as some of the others. I believe his ceiling is already reached, I think you see what you get. Which is a solid football player, but some of the guys I had listed above him have more upside, at least to me.