1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SuperCharger92, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    I wouldn't, seeing how NT will be a position in need, since Franklin most likely won't re-sign, and I am just dreaming of a DL consisting of Reyes, Short, and Liuget. All guys who get in the backfield, and Short and Liuget are very good getting their hands up to deflect passes.

Taylor is probably one of the more complete/NFL ready backs, and yet is very underrated cause he doesn't have that 2nd gear to blow past defenders. The guy can pass protect, which is rare to see a rookie do that, and is very effective catching the ball as well. He's thick, has a Michael Turner build to him.

2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    who i think we should get.
    1.Chance warmack OG, Alabama - This dude is a gorilla in the trenches, undoubtedly the best pulling guards to come out in years, he has elite potential, and Could be a perinatal pro bowler.

2.Kyle Long OT, Oregon, While Oregon never asked their line to hold blocks for long, Long was an exceptional player, playing both left tackle and right tackle, there is no question that he can be a outstanding lineman in his nfl career, i personally would compare him to jason peters of the eagles.

3. Leon Mcfadden CB, San diego state- Shows good burst,back peddling and has a good football iq, while he didnt start alot , he was productive when he saw the field.

4.Marcus Lattimore RB, South carolina- While its a shame lattimore fell this far because not 1 but 2 knee injuries, marcus is a strong runner, who once was viewed as a first round talent, to pick him up in the 4th If he stays healthy he could easily beat out ryan mathews for the starting job.

5. Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin,- While he isnt the elite tackle that could be a pro bowler, He is a good tackle, he found himself having a hard time redirecting pass rushers in shorts spaces, but did good on the initial blocks, would be an upgrade from clary, and would be a good run blocker.

6. T.j. Barnes DT Georgia tech- While Barnes isn't the most agile man on the field, and doesnt have alot of experience he is a monster of a man weighing in at 378 pounds while standing 6 ft 6, he would clog the middle great, i mean when you're almost 400 pounds there is no middle..

7.Brandon Kaufman WR, Eastern Washington- HE stands 6 ft 4 weighs 215 and runs a 4.58, while thats not blazing fast that is good when you're a monster height, but Kaufman possesses elite hands as he rarely drops the ball, and he runs very clean crisp routes, this guy is a diamond in the rough, he could be the next V.j.

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
  4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    I still think Fisher is superior to Joeckel - maybe they're about even in terms of expected performance in a zone-blocking scheme, but Fisher's scheme versatility should push him above Joeckel in total value (Joeckel just doesn't have the strength to hold up in a power-iso scheme). But otherwise my list is roughly the same - though admittedly, I'd spend #11 on Johnson before I would Warmack because the position premium is just massively superior. The thing is, I think most people's top 5 are all roughly the same with maybe some changes to the ordering - except for those folks that just horribly overvalue DJ Fluker or Barrett Jones (Jones is good and a great ZBS fit, but he's a technician like Joeckel and not a stellar "power" guy, thus his value really doesn't kick in till around pick 45-50 (Cooper's honestly the top center in this class and even he has a higher ceiling as a guard).

The real debate comes in regard to the the #'s 6-10 guys that round out peoples' Top 10's.

5. DesertBoltFan

DesertBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey folks, I have been away for a while old Bolt Bunker exile.

I wouldn't mind picking up Jake Long LT from Miami as a free agent. That brings in a veteran LT, former 1st rounder to step in and protect Rivers. That free us up to take Chance Warmack OG at #11. I would look at RT in the second and take D.J. Flucker from Alabama, he and Warmack were college teammates, and that OL at Alabama was very special. Resign Vasquez so there is a veteran RG next to the new RT, and the same on the left side with Long and Warmack, and Hardwick in the middle. That is a very good OL over night.

Another way to go is do the same as I said with the exception of taking Flucker in the 2nd round and instead take Eddy Lacy RB Alabama. All these Alabama players are really hard for me to recommend because I am a die hard Auburn Tiger fan, but good is good.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I wouldn't mind winning the lottery and having a fling with Kate Upton...you know, as long as we're talking pipe dreams.:p

I'm just poking fun. Long would be close to ideal as it would free up our entire draft, but unless we're planning on letting all of our FA's walk (creating a lot of problems) we simply don't have the cap space to take on a $9+ mil a year cap hit like him. Maybe if Rivers were to agree to a huge restructure that could open up some space, but I don't know that we want to go extending his deal before he shows he can actually rebound.

Fluker = FAIL

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723

I would be happy with any of the three top OTs (Fisher obviously being my favorite), and I wouldn't take a guard until the 3rd or 4th round.

Joeckel seems the safest pick.
    Fisher has greatest potential to be absolutely dominant, I've been banging that drum for a while.
    Johnson might just be the best fit if we are moving in the direction of more zone blocking.

Warmack shouldn't be on our radar at 11. Only if Joeckel goes at 4, Fisher goes at 7, and the Fins jump us to take Johnson at 10....and Moore, Mingo, Millner, andLotulelei are all gone maybe we can trade back 2 or 3 times into the late 20's and if Warmack happens to fall to us so be it.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    What does your board look like for our pick as of now? Obviously Im assuming you have Fisher at 1

But after that is it Johnson, Moore, Mingo, Milliner, etc.

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    My big board at 11...

Fisher
    Joeckel
    Johnson
    Moore
    Werner
    Lotulelei
    Milliner
    Jordan
    (at this point I think we should start pondering trade offers if these guys are all gone)
    Mingo
    Hankins

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Kate Upton has a huge rack, but is fat. It is ironic and appropriate that her family produces refrigerators, because that's what her outline is turning into. Seriously Mati, aim higher.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You have a very different defenition of fat than I do if you think this is fat:
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Mock draft if we were to get Kate Upton...aka Jake Long. OHHH SWEET FREEDOM!

1 - OLB Dion Jordan: Damn I love this kid, 6'7 245, explosive off the edge, capable of playing in open space. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes as high as 3 to Oakland. I love the idea of having Melvin, Liuget, Reyes, and Jordan on the field at the same time for the next 10 years. I have also seen a lot of mocks where Demontre Moore falls, I would be happy to have him as well.

2 - CB Jamar Taylor: A bit of a reach maybe, but I'm tired of having CBs who can't turn and run with WRs, and I have a hunch that this guy will be the best cover CB to come out of this class. This kid can fly, and he's got a surprisingly solid build.

3 - RB Joseph Randle: An explosive RB who lowers his head and runs hard, a good fail safe for Mathews.

4 - OT Brennan Williams (if Corneilus Carradine falls to this point, I would absolutely take him, red shirt year included)

5 - OG Omoregie Uzzi

6 - TE Joseph Fauria

7 - SS RAY RAY ARMSTRONG!

13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prefer women with waists who look like they work out and don't just sit on the couch eating Carl's Jr. all day. That may mean that we have different definitions of fat.

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Yeah shame on anyone that would 'settle' for a 2 time SI cover model because she's not 80 lbs. :laugh:

You gotta go for chicks who work out 4 hours every day and eat half a salad for dinner, they gotta get that gaunt crack head look like Nicole Richie or the Olsen twins.

Seriously bro, if you think she's fat you're probably the shallowest piece of **** I know, she looks amazing in those pictures.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    My wife weighs 142 lbs at 5'8. She works out for 1 hour, 4-5 days a week. She eats around 2000 calories a day, and her waist and hips measure in at 26.5" and 38" respectively. She doesn't look gaunt, because she eats a quality diet, and does strength training (bench press, squat, deadlift, shoulder press, rows, curls, triceps extension, etc) instead of endless cardio and starvation to stay lean at just under 20% body fat.

In the pictures I linked, instead of sitting on her skin, Upton's bikini is sunk a solid inch and a half into fat at the hip and the chest. In Denver's pic she looks soft, but it's a much more flattering camera angle.

Here's every pic of Upton from the current SI Swimsuit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151819073&p=1024552893#post1024552893

She obviously doesn't work out. If you compare a front view from 2012:
    [​IMG]
    With a front view from 2013:
    [​IMG]

It's pretty obvious that she's A) currently overweight, and B) a solid 15 lbs heavier from 2012-2013.

The freshman 15 is a bitch. Upton was ~150 lbs at 5'10 (certainly not excessive) in 2012, but she looks a lot closer to 165-170 in her 2013 picture, and is well over 30% body fat. Upton is certainly not morbidly obese, but she is definitely fat, and her body fat is currently trending up.

Also, how does that make me shallow? I did not make one statement with regards to her character, her intelligence, or her value as a human being. You, by contrast, base your entire opinion of her on how she looks in airbrushed SI Swimsuit photos. Who's the shallow one?

EDIT: The picture used by Denver is from 2011. I said that she "is" fat, not that she "has been" fat.

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    A man that doesn't post (at least) his wife's BMI, hemoglobin A1C readings,
    resting heart rate and low density lipoprotein level,
    (in order to convince strangers that a popular New York model is "fat")
    can hardly be trusted, can he? Clearly not enough information for a Charger forum.

(p.s. It does go without saying, I presume, that I don't want any dudes sending creepy links to them shirtless, ja?)

17. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    BMI tells you nothing about body fat. My BMI says that I'm overweight, here is my blog with pictures:
    http://nonlyingiron.blogspot.de/

The purpose of posting my wife's stats had nothing to do with convincing anyone about anything with regards to Upton, rather with countering the contention that my view on her fatness was based on thinking that women should weigh 80 lbs and look like the Olsen twins.

Kate Upton is fat. It is entirely appropriate that her 2013 SI photos were taken in the natural environment of many of the world's high-blubber mammals.

18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yes we do because even in these posts, she looks hot and far from fat.

Something tells me you like girls with a 6 pack while I think that looks disgusting

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Lol who gives a **** she's still hot, if that's fat then I'm clearly blind, obviously she's not the "workout warrior" or "thin" but that's not fat.

Anybody seen Shallow Hal? This conversation reminds me of that movie lol

Plus those pics were taken in Antarctica, she needed little something something to keep her warm.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I do in fact like a six pack, just not with vascularity. If you think she's hot, great, but her body fat is probably in the low thirties, which is the beginning of "fat" for a woman her age. If she's your dream girl, than have at her :-D

21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    If she is in the low 30's then I am fine with even high 30's. She is not my dream girl, but far from fat

22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I don't really think about celebs much, but this whole convo is deliciously absurd. :roflmao:
    For the record, Katie: you can play with my werterpobel any time, dear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    [​IMG]

If high 30's is ok for you, then you can have 'em.

24. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    High 30's? I'd say she's in the 25% range easy, just a bit chestier.

I'm not sure why that comment was so important to you, to each his own you know.

25. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    She is not currently in the high 30s. She's a mirror for the 30% girl based on the way her suit cuts into her body.

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I am good with any of the ones between 25% and 35%, according to those pics

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. DesertBoltFan

DesertBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Love the pictures of the model, and most of the women on the other post, LOL. Seems like we have taken a detour from the original theme. If we want to post half naked women on here I'm all for it, or we can talk Chargers. Maybe the women should have there own page? If so I will certainly contribute to it. Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. DesertBoltFan

DesertBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    When Jake Mathews, and Lewan from Michigan were thought to be coming out for the draft both Fisher and Lane Johnson were not even in the top 20, and Johnson was a second round pick. Now that the better OT's are back in school both Fisher and Johnson have moved up to possible top 10 picks. Doesn't that bother any of you? There is a kid that played on a couple national championship teams, has been a top 10 and some have him a top 5 pick for months, he is picked by some experts to be the BEST offensive lineman in the draft regardless of position. He will start day one for the team that drafts him and immediately help that teams running game. And yet many want to forget about him and draft a kid who moved up not on ability but because a couple of better players dropped out? How would that make your team better? Oh, it is Chance Warmack from Alabama I speak of.

I would like to see us re-sign Vasquez, sign the best OT available ( may be or only FA signing because of cap.), draft Warmack at 11 ( not a reach, maybe a steal at 11). Take the best CB on the board in the second round. Pick up a ROT in the 3rd round Brennan Williams or Faulk from LSU, or better yet Wagner from Wisconsin if still on the board to play RT. Draft best RB in the 4th, best OLB in the 5th, best DT 6th, and best WR/KR/PR in the 7th round.

Our OL in 2014 would be;
    LT- Jake Long
    LG- Chance Warmack
    C- Hardwick
    RG- Vasquez
    RT - **Williams or Faulk, Wagner
    ** Brennan Williams was slated to be a first round pick, one of the best OT in the draft, he tore his laberum and has dropped way out of the first round. He still has the talent just not sure of the injury. Could be a steal or could be a bust, but I would chance a 3rd for that talent potential.
    A good mix of young and veteran talent.

29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I mostly agree. :)
    Actually, I think there IS a thread here devoted to scantily-clad gals ;)
    (I've noticed cheerleader v. cheerleader votes, but can't remember the name of the thread...
    I enjoy practically-naked women, but I definitely prefer them in 3 dimensions, so I tend to
    get that need met elsewhere...but surely some of the gents here can name the thread).

Heck, there's a soccer thread here, that I also tend to skip...but to each his own. I'm just looking for Charger info.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. DesertBoltFan

DesertBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I really feel we are going to sign our next LT off the FA wire. So I believe they can fix our OL issues for the next 10 years if they follow that up with a great draft of great young players. I would like us to do something like this.

1-- Chance Warmack Alabama OG
    2- Logan Ryan Rutgers CB
    3- Justin Pugh Syracuse OT ( is a LT but let him work in at RT and switch to LT in a season or two)
    4- Jonathan Franklin UCLA RB
    5- Denard Robinson Michigan WR
    6- Zeke Motta Notre Dame S
    7- Gilbert Pena Miss. St. DT

Get the best OL in the draft.
    A fine replacement for Jammer.
    One of the best OT in the draft and not a reach.
    A very good quality RB, catch, block, run.
    A true play maker for Rivers ,Whisenhunt, and McCoy to play with.
    A hard hitting, not real fast, tough safety to learn from Weddle.
    A true run stuffing DT who can and will take on two blockers and free up LB's to make plays.

Wish we had another 3rd like a comp pick so we can get a good OLB/DE to add to the rush. Maybe someone will be there in the UDFA period after the draft.