1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Monday Cardinals = Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Did anyone else see similarities between the Chargers and the Cardinals. I couldn't believe all the three man pass rushes they used against a Mike Martz offense and his 7 step drop passing attack. Everyone in the entire league knows how often the Niners get sacked and how long they hold the ball. Why would they just rush 3 and 4 nearly all night, especially with Frank Gore at running back?? That had fat Teddy written all over it. How about the Cardinals futile red zone attack...three FGs when you have Bolden, Fitzgerald and Breaston catching passes? They never gave up on the run even though they got stuffed all night, making for a lot of 3rd and longs. I think I saw the stat, avergage 3rd down 6.7 yards. The last Cardinal offensive possession and the last defensive stand stunk as badly as most of the Charger games this year. The only differences were the Bolts probably would have lost a game like that and our otherwordly punter probably wouldn't have constantly given them such good field possession.

2. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I wish we had Anquan Boldin on our team.

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Who you going to bench to put him in? Chambers? Jackson? Floyd?

And I totally agree, that last night's Cardinals got surprised by a supposedly inferior 49er team.

It just goes to show that teams always get up for divisional games. It happened to us last year when we almost got beat twice by Oakland and once by Kansas City, and did get beat by Kansas City, at HOME. Happened to us this year when we almost got beat by Oakland and Kansas City, and did get beat by Denver (sort of).

Expect a better team to show up this Sunday against Pittsburgh. The Steelers will either be fuming and ready for revenge, or just starting their regular late-season collapse. Remember last year? They starter 7-2 and finished 10-6, going 3-4 down the stretch. The Chargers started 5-4 (one better than this year, granted) and finished 11-5, going 6-1 down the stretch.

I also remember after we got beat by Minnesota last year and the Colts got beat by the Pats, everyone was like, "We're screwed, no way the Colts drop two in a row. They'll be hungry for revenge from 2005 and looking to redeem themselves."

Replace "Colts" with "Steelers" and that's what everyone is saying now. And just like last year's Colts, the Steelers will be coming into the game with a slew of injuries, and just may be looking past the Chargers.

4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    No need to bench anyone. You can switch in and out. I know it's not going to happen, but i like the football that he plays.
    I really hope we can beat Pitt.