1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Monday McCoy Presser

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Some tweets breaking down the gist of it...

UTkrasovic: McCoy said he had decided to punt the play before the fourth-and-1 in first quarter. Cited Scifres, field position. (7 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone, retweeted by UTgehlken and 2 others)

UTgehlken: Missed Chargers tackles vs. Titans "one of the most disappointing things in the game," McCoy said. Improvement will be focus in practice. (8 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTgehlken: Mike McCoy: Malcom Floyd is "getting better. ... I'm not going to set a timetable on it." Floyd did not travel to Nashville. (12 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTgehlken: Mike McCoy says he should "definitely" have had Donald Butler do an earlier pre-game warmup. "That's my fault. It won't happen again." (13 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTgehlken: Mike McCoy on Philip Rivers' unsportsmanlike conduct: "He's a fierce competitor. He regrets (it) today. ... It's an unfortunate situation." (14 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTgehlken: Mike McCoy says he'll "take it any day" for a team needing to drive 94 yards with no timeouts. Added shouldn't come to that situation. (20 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTgehlken: Mike McCoy says "a lot of great effort" showed on film. Singled out Michael Harris for strong game at right tackle, replacing D.J. Fluker. (24 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

annieheilbrunn: McCoy said forcing turnovers is a "mindset, an attitude" ... Said they are trying to cultivate it here. #chargers (5 minutes ago from web)

annieheilbrunn: McCoy said the missed tackles in yesterday's game were especially disappointing. Said it's "unlike them" ... #chargers (10 minutes ago from web)

annieheilbrunn: "We've got the roster we've got. We've got players who can win. We just need to do our job better." -- Mike McCoy #chargers (12 minutes ago from web)

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  3. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +55
    thanks for sharing these.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    McCoy was a little better on this one but I just don't know what it is folks want him to say. He's an inside guy and he'll keep it that way no need to throw anyone under the bus, if he jumped up and down and screamed and cursed, God have mercy.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 3.52.03 PM.png

Boy does this ever bum me out...my thought at the time was "Don't turtle and turn a solid effort
    on the road into a loss!" Then I had to watch the knife twist...slowly. And now McCoy insists that
    there's plenty more where that came from. Not happy. Not one bit happy.

p.s. Thanks for passing it on Syd...my displeasure is obviously not towards you...

6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760

McCoy only wants you to know what you hear, he is never going to give more if he doesn't have to.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I have no issue with how much he's saying...but if he's serious about giving us
    more of that kind of coaching, I may need to spend more Sundays on the trails...

2girls1punt

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760

Things seem to be coming around, both losses came within the last two minutes and for the most part all the guys seemed ready to play at the kickoff. Hell, he's a rook just trying to get his game on too, except he has all the bright lights and questions (second guesses) after the game to address. This old dawg would love to hit the trails on any day and especially on Sundays, I just can't take anymore falls.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Well, I like your optimism, Hex. I truly wish I could share it.
    I do cut the rookie some slack...my concern is that we hired this creative wunderkind,
    and his first big decision was what you'd expect from a 71 year-old risk-averse retread.

p.s. I'm frequently out in the wilds...but Charger football has always been sacred to me...it will lose priority, though, if this is the new plan...

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    I dont know. It is hard to think that we might be slipping back to the Chargers of old, where the best we can hope for is 8-8 and a win over the raiders....