1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Monday night countdown slamming the Bolts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Oct 18, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    taking shots at AJ, saying bad front office decisions have carried over into the season.

Saying the coaching staff, special teams coaching in particular is so elementary that if you can't even punt block you have no clue what you're doing.

Finally it is the national media bringing up the points many fans have brought up over the years

2. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    And the fans for never showing up - like Jacksonville...or Oakland "fans."

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    You know its not all "Easy" to get to a game these days.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Why isn't anyone blaming the players? The Bolts deserve to get slammed by the media, but the Bolts are 53 guys who are being paid big bucks to play the game. They aren't playing it well and they need to be called out too!

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    'booo hooo someone said something mean about the bolts... oh woe is me...'

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm sorry I missed it. Once the Pats wax us this week the wheels come off.

7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Personally I think our players are just over matched. When they are physically man handled and pushed around on both sides of the ball it's kind of hard to blame them. It seems like we just have inferior players.

8. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Is that a guarantee? A Lock? So since we're 2-5 because we obviously have already lost to the Patriots. Do we beat the Titans? Texans? Anyone Ever again?

9. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol:

This is going to be easier for some than others.

10. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Way to not even answer my question.

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Such inferior players that we have best offense and defense

12. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    I have been predicting our teams decline for 2 years based on clear tactical flaws in our plays/formations slow to the LOS system. We had the best talent in the whole NFL last 5 years yet 0 SB's. The good news is our fans are finally believing me about our bad predictable and wrong tactics. -In fact i have been fascinated how our bad system works at all. For 2 years I tried to figure out how we beat teams with the worst play calling and strategies in football. I thought maybe "jump ball football" can work? Or maybe this lets them get yards on D then tighten down D had some genius that I just didn't understand? I was like wow why don't teams blitz us more knowing we don't have a counter to blitzs, PR gets to the LOS so late even if he could he has no time to adjust. Or why don't teams just run up the middle vs us our D formation is so bad any runs of any type should work. Or toss bomb we 1/2 the plays leave -1 with no safeties over the top. I came to the conclusion others teams strats suxs as well and our talent was the difference. I was like wow, this is like gaming why is there only 2-3 great strat makers in video games as well its surprising TBH.

A top tactician like me would use our best stuff at the beginning of the year and note document what works the best then test other stuff out. We should have started out with no huddle spread formation from game 1. Then worked on our QB knowing how to change calls at the LOS to prevent sacks and such. Then start to hide our great stuff each week saving it up for the playoff's. Testing out new wr routes and should have known long time ago which plays are best for which players etc. Each week should have whole new plays just for said teams as well knowing they weaker in certain situations than other teams based on film. I don't see anything looks intelligent from our team. My teams I led could take any NFL team and make us look bad in 1 week of teaching them adv tactics based on speed and adv formations and match-up's. U would never see any team i led look predictable from 1 week to the next much less the last 4 years =(. Even in our playoff wins we looked totally different and eXciting from 1 playoff win to the finals. Then the holdout guys would see so much clearer how bad we are tactically. I think Pats are going to open up some your eye's when they come out running no huddle from the start of the game and Brady calling 99% the plays at the LOS- a real coached team TBH.

Yet what i see is the same exact plays each year with 2-3 trick predictable to RB plays each game. Not even going into our player issues like how our left guard hits our centers leg when they really going to snap the ball and lets the other team know exactly when to go on D for free each game. U think that would make blocking easier when other team knows 100% for sure when the ball is really going to be snapped for free? Even if u miss the leg slap he lifts his head up right before snap 1/2 sec exactly every single game =(. Imagine if i posted every player position flaw alignments or tendency issues =(. When i was MVP player on our football team which went unbeaten I would have blitzed every play with that signal alone. I could gotten 10 solo sacks myself vs the Chargers. I played dif sport after college though :). I led the California state in sacks yet no team ever gave me that easy of a sign to know when to shoot the gaps. The worst teams besides us tip wise was teams that went on say 1st "hut" most the time tenancies. Yet they didn't have a 100% pattern like we do =(.

A Rea1 leader championship coach builds his system each year to perfection and is so dominant they don't even use there best stuff till playoff's hiding there real power for when it matter most like my championship teams have done for 12 straight years many unbeaten.

13. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

[​IMG]

Thats not funny !!!

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    HAHAHAH yeah why do ppl say norv is an offensive genius. We're just lucky our receivers have 6 inches on most dbacks

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Someone needs to take this transcript and make a video of it, complete with diagrams... using their best deep Russian accent voice.

16. Chieffan1187

Chieffan1187 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    In yards per game yes, but in points allowed and points against no..Alot of your yards come on big plays downfield with Floyd..I think he's caught quite a few bombs this year..Trouble is when the Chargers get down to the 20 yd line they can't seal the deal.

17. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Number 1 in both offense and defense and still 2-4. It is a pretty remarkable stat.

A little weak on both lines but not as tragic as Trumpy makes it out to be me IMO. Despite not drafting almost any line positions lately the lines, especially the Dline, is not as bad as I would expect.

Has anyone noticed how many fumbles we have forced that haven't ended up in our hands? The Rams skyrocket two shotguns and snaps and they bounce right back to Bradford.

As the season progresses the bounces will start to come our way and we will win more games.

But losing 4 games against mediocre teams at best is a big mountain to climb especially with the tough part of the schedule coming up. I think this is one rabbit that will be left in the hat.

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh but is that because of inferior players or inferior PLAY!?!?!?!

19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    One coolo guy, weren't you banned from Chargers.com for spewing the same sort of crap on their site? Leave troll. Or I should say, leave LEU!

20. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Titans, YES, Texans on the road, HELL NO. 3-6 going into the bye.

21. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Both, IMO.

22. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Can you blame them for saying those things??? Some of those guys at ESPN actually picked the Bolts for the AFC champs. Hell...I picked the Bolts and the Cowboys in the SB. Look how that's working out so far.

23. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7

GOOD FOR THEM. IT'S ALL FREAKING TRUE!! WE SUCK AZZ RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

24. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    You do know that sarcasm is hard to differentiate on the internet, right? Our "inferior players" are leading the league in offense and defense. I'd rather have them than anybody else right now but I can't explain special teams at all.

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The same reason the workers of a poor producing company don't get blamed when they have a terrible CEO or owner. Without leadership, any organization will fail to reach full potential

26. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    It is. It really is. And now for a Football Stats lesson:

I have.

While this is true, most statisticians would instead insist that it factors in nicely with predictions for next year. Third downs and fumble recoveries bounce back and forth for individual teams and the league every year. A team that fell under 50% in either or both categories will undoubtedly improve the next year. Their records match this improvement. Why pick the Green Bay Packers in 2009? Because they were awful at converting third downs two years ago, and had nowhere to go but up. Yep, they went up and so did their record. San Diego will be a nice pick for any game, including a SB next year.

Then there's special teams. Can we really go anywhere but up? We know that will improve dramatically next year, and I happen to think it will all bring praise to our new head coach. But stats-wise, you only get better when the odds are 50-50. Remember, it pays to keep gaming. Chargers, keep on gaming.

But not by much. It's a weak division in competitive conference. Division and conference records may wind up telling the tale in December and you know we should like our chances. God Bless the AFC West.

EDIT: Didn't feel right trashing the Raiders, in particular, considering they embarrassed the team just two weeks ago.

27. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I am having some trouble reconciling something. In the quote below you state the following (emphasis mine):

Yet in one of your previous brags about your football skills you state this (again, emphasis mine):
    Somehow I find it a little hard to believe that one player would lead in both sacks and picks. IMHO, this means one of the following statements is correct:

1) You have been cloned or otherwise have superhuman powers that allow you to play multiple positions simultaneously;
    2) You're an amazing player who should have ended up on an NFL roster;
    3) You're spouting nonsense and have been caught in a lie.

I know where I'm putting my money. Unless you can offer concrete and verifiable evidence to back your claims, you've just sealed it.

28. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Also, if you could clarify what you mean by "California state" that would be appreciated. If possible, could you accomplish that by citing the statistics you've offered? I find it hard to believe you could verify either without a database. Provide it please.

29. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  30. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I think we win between 5-7 games this year.