1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Monday/Sunday Night Snub Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Dec 10, 2007.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Trying to understand why the Bolts seem to get short changed when it comes to national exposure during Sun/Mon night football. And after Johnny Walker Black after Johnny Walker Black I came to the conclusion that the Bolts just aren't flashy enough to warrant national exposure. I look at LT & Vick who came into the league together and LT is an outstanding roll model and stays out of trouble, thus no story line. Also not to mention that the NFL is doing everything they can to electrify the passing game. Protecting the QB & WR which is setting the league up for high scoring games with excitement. Now we as fans will believe that the Bolts are exciting no matter what, but in the eyes of the NFL, running the balls and shutdown defense doesn't make for exciting football.
    Look at the teams that have been getting the most exposure. Brady/Moss, P.Manning/anyone, tonights game when the schedule was set, Vick which brought the unknown every snap, the Saints with what they did last year....look at how many passing attempts Brees has had this year. Until we begin to open things up, I don't think we will get much more then we already have. It's a bunch of BS how sports shows talk about the best player in the NFL (LaDanian Tomlinson) yet he doesn't get the respect from the NFL in terms of national exposure. I'm sorry, but we have way too many stars on this team to go unrecognized. The NFL has to wake up next year and see that our Bolts are just as good if not better then the crap they put on national TV the days. We have been steady for the past three years. It's about time we get our due!!!

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Well, MNF isn't exactly what it used to be. The NFL looks at Sunday Nights as their premiere game and the TV ratings certainly bear that out.

Even so, I'm still surprised we didn't get more Sunday nighters. If the Denver game gets flexed to Sunday, that would be cool. That weekend, SNF is set for Tampa vs. San Francisco.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    They don't flex the Monday nighter.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks, ya beat me too it.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Last year we had the media slobbing our knob before the playoffs started. I would rather go in as a nobody and shock the world.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    ESPN.

Posted this elsewhere, but all the weekly football show spend the first half of the show blowing Brady and the Pats followed by the daily TO update.

On NFL Live, Steak-Boy would have Brady's 3rd love child if he could.

Just can't watch that east coast sports orgy anymore.

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    They better not flex MNF...I'm selling my tickets as all of our wifes' put the ax too Christmas eve MNF... Sometime back we had a 1:00 pm Christmas eve game and I went to mass under the influence...My wife still remembers and recently reminded me of such.

TBF

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

9. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I think MNF is mostly that old East/West controversy.
    San Diego has a too small fan base according to selling football stuff
    and something... all are going to the big NorthEast (BOSTON) versus
    South (TEXAS) showdown where the masses look TV

San Diego is even the little California Kid with big brothers in SF and O? I see 50% of the merchandise in Germany from Raiderstink or Texasstars with the Padsies rising.

We need to get at least 3 Superbowls unless the LIGHTNING BOLTS will earn enough $$$ so that we get our equal share of Special Time
    Television.

10. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    ...and it will be a LOOOOOONG time before she forgets it too :lol:

11. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    For what it's worth, the NFL came to their senses and flexed out of the Tampa/San Fran debacle for that weekend. SNF will be Redskins at Vikings.

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    You probably have to do something to get the teams and the players who are more interesting than those in San Diego off the air waves.

How much money has broadcasting the Chargers to a national audience brought in this year? Has a Chargers game even made the national audience level other than the 9/16 game in New England?

The Patriots are filling everyone's coffers, because they have become the bad boys of the league, and peoiple are willing to watch with approach-avoidance attitudes. At one end of their interest is the hope some hapless team like the Dolphins or the Jets ruin their perfect season, and at the other end is the desire to see history made, records busted, and a rare look at a team that is simply a level above everyone else they have played this season. They have had their schedule adjusted three times maybe four to accomodate the national interest in wanting to see them set recordsor wanting to see them get beat. Everyone is making money off the Patriots. You go with the flow.

If you want to get them off the talk shows and the sports pages, you have to do something to replace them, and you have to become a rainmaker for the league and the media outlets. Dallas has been getting some headlines, and even though the Colts are playing excellent football, you never see them anymore on any shows.

The networks go where the stories and the money are.