1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Montario Hardesty highlights...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by matilack, Mar 4, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Only decent reel I can find on this guy. I like Mathews and Best more, but I like Hardesty's intensity, and he's surprisingly quick.

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Thomas Jones with the hands of Sproles... He would fit right in with us. I say round 1, kyle wilson and round 2, Hardesty.

3. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Hardesty might be there for us in round 3 or 4. Plus, he's not going to be able to break tackles in the NFL.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I havn't done a mock in a while but here's how I'd like it too go if we do indeed retain Sproles.

1 (28). RB Ryan Mathews
    2 (60). NT Terrance Cody or Cam Thomas (because I do believe one or both fall here)
    3 (92). OT Tony Washington
    4 (127). CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
    6 (200). OLB O'Brian Schofield
    6 (*211). FB Manase Tonga
    7 (239). C Eric Olsen

Schofield by the way is a monster steal in the 6th, this is a guy who was projected (BY EVERYONE) to be a first round pick, then he sustains a major injury in the Senior Bowl and now may go undrafted as its likely he'll miss the entire 2010 season. But he was extremely talented and extremely productive at Wisconsin, AJ has a knack for taking players that fall due to injury.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I admittedly didn't pay much attention to Hardesty during the season - partially blinded by my dislike for TN. He opened some eyes at the combine - as much as Tate, IMO. Combine results alone don't make me change my opinion of a guy, but a good performance there does make me go back & look for more game film.

Your draft shows 2 -6th round picks which, I believe, should be 2 5's. Our 6th went for Travis Johnson & we gained a comp 5th for Igor.

And I still don't see RB with our 1st. We'll just have to disagree on that one. :yes: :icon_toast:

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I've been investigating this guy for the last couple days in the case that we do pass on Mathews in the 1st.....and I'm really F'n impressed. Breaking tackles is arguably is BEST asset, his vision is excellent, he runs downhill with a nice forward lean and a little bit of violence. He also does a great job maintaining speed out of his cuts and is a marginally better reciever than Ryan Mathews.

As far as measurables he's off the chart...6'0 225, ran 4.49 at the combine, was a top performer in every drill he participated in showing explosive quickness and amazing body control for a guy his size telling me he could be a monster between the tackles in this league.

I have one major concern, INJURIES. 3 knee surgeries already:icon_eek:. This guy may not have a long NFL shelf life, and for that reason I take Mathews over him.